No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Raccoon City announced [Officially confirmed: Post 273]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well for a start it's not Hunk, the next issue isn't out April 1st, and when magazines are wrapped in bags the barcodes are found on the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
      If it's real I'm not impressed but even with this photo from the cover of OXMUS remember that this latest issue will be out for April 1st and if they've just heard of it and got the exclusive they like most other magazines were/are very unlikely to use or even have artwork for it. They tend to use stock images from previous games and the use of HUNK? I like Hunk, but magazines are more likely to use a generic RE5 image especially since no one new to the series will know who he is . . .

EDIT: Where's the barcode?

http://www.oxmonline.com/current_issue
      I think in the second image the barcode was cut out.

Comment

• Nah that'll be shelf facing so the staff/customers can quickly see where it should be in the stands . . .

EDIT: It looks more like Hunk than anyone else but still my point is where has anyone seen this image before? Very few magazines these days have an artist in their team to mock this up and most settle for any random stock image plus the info on this is SO secretive they probably wouldn't run with it on the cover plus why and how would Capcom go with OXMUS for the big reveal?
        Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 03-25-2011, 06:14 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
          EDIT 2: Emm I may be mistaken but how could that be HUNK? his appearance is very different to HUNKS attire.
          That's not HUNK, there 4 new characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
            Finally the speculation is over
            Nay

It begins.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

• This'll be my last post on this but if the two pictures to go on are real the cellophene is off in the second picture. Notice the decrease of reflections and light bounce and the extra card telling usabout the demo disc with "Fight Night Champion and Stacking GamerPics", so where are the rest of the pictures like the article maybe?
              Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• The person that broke this news disagrees with the principle of scans/photos of magazines so says he won't be leaking them. Fair enough I think!

As for this "mock up" route you're suggesting. Erm...why can't it just be an official asset?

If it's so secretive, they wouldn't put it on the cover? Did you really say that? haha

Stop clutching at straws and believe

Comment

• kinda of fishy he leaks the cover but not the rest.. =/

Comment

• LOL at people wanting this to be an April's Fools joke!

Just a bit more than a week to get scans and such.

Comment

• Oh I want this to be real, but then why are some fans trying their best to find errors? okay without that scan we did have need to be cautious but that scan is solid proof.

Comment

• Resident Evil fans, my friend!

Comment

• i still want pics =/

Comment

• Looks like we might have to wait for those article scans with screens.

Comment

• That's obviously a VP70 with a laser sight (like the one Leon uses in RE4, minus the shoulder stock), but is that Krauser's knife, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                                Proof?

Spoiler:

When contacted, neither Capcom nor OXM could comment on this report. You can see the full cover image, provided by StickSkills, after the break. The issue is scheduled to hit newsstands, officially, on April 5.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/25/re...-raccoon-city/

The fact this is the same source as the details leak, that magazine is apparently on a shelf this early (besides which over here at least means subscribers would have it already as they get shipped to before -anyone-) and the fact it is missing a barcode which looking at past issues they all have and that no one else can be sourced for this...

...I am still not believing this.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X