Resident Evil Revelations Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    Nah, its the same kind of Japanese weirdness.

Look at Billy's tattoo that some think promotes incest (MOTHER LOVE!!! woot), look (or listen) at the annoying midget we call Rebecca Chambers. I wanna bash her face in whenever I play zero Look at DIJ, the hero mouse that writes a fucking diary in CVX. Makes sense eh? Look at freakin James Marcus emulating a reject from a Final Fantasy showtune musical in RE0.

Everywhere you look you see wierd stuff. I would consider it offensive if Revelations lack any of that crazy shit.
    My problem is that Resident Evil is like Batman. You have two different audiences for it. Dark and Camp. There's even fans who embrace both.

Biohazard is no different. There's a fare share of campy games in the series. Sometimes they can provide scares, but most of the time they are too ridiculous to take seriously. But for my money's worth I appreciate the ones that try to actually scare the audience. Games like Resident Evil 2 and the Resident Evil remake. In those games you won't find final fantasy rejects or purple cloaked cult leaders. If the worst they can offer is a plucky young medic and a shady man that wears...shades. Well then we're in the safe zone as far as the characters are concerned.

In those games Wesker didn't look like a Matrix rip off. He actually looked like a member of a team. Ada was not flaunting her legs in RE2. Her civilian outfit was pretty tame because she was undercover as opposed to her mission in RE4 where she stood out like a sore thumb.

Making an individual in those games required basics. Different color patterns. Leon's uniform wasn't that off putting even if it looked like the only one of its kind. Certain characteristics about the person also helped to single them out like 'rookie' or 'family man'. These were the things those games accomplished without entering in James Bond territory of whacky characters.

Comment

I'm guessing right now that she's gonna die the second you see her and add nothing. I have a feeling shes just gonna be another throw away character like that other blond chick from RE5 (Allyson, wasn't it?).

As for the boobs, yeah its unneeded, but I think her hair annoys me more than anything. Why the hell is it covering her eyes, and in general, just a mess? I guess you could say that shes been running away from the creatures aboard the ship, but that's no excuse to not be able TO SEE.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
        What was the reason for excluding Japanese voice acting in the first place?
        I've read from several devs or producers over the years it was seen as 'cool' thing to do.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          (Resident Evil 2 and the Resident Evil remake) In those games you won't find final fantasy rejects or purple cloaked cult leaders. If the worst they can offer is a plucky young medic and a shady man that wears...shades. Well then we're in the safe zone as far as the characters are concerned.
          Not so fast. The shady man in shades looks like a fugitive from an English 80's pop band. Everyone is wearing 80's vests that come in muted primary colors. Its like the Powerpuff Girls designed their clothes or something. And what's with Barry's unnatural fixation with his magnum? And how about Tofu having to fight off zombies with just a knife?

Now take a good look at the monsters in those games.... you got cameos from famous Hollywood creature flicks: giant sewer alligators, anaconda-size serpents and even the shark from JAWS. I think Plant 43 was based on the one seen in Little Shop of horrors. All campy stuff.

And I love it.

And I still think the old BATMAN from the 60's was a lot more entertaining than the one we got last time. Mainly because he was campy. And Joker made DK rock, not Batman.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            Not so fast. The shady man in shades looks like a fugitive from an English 80's pop band. Everyone is wearing 80's vests that come in muted primary colors. Its like the Powerpuff Girls designed their clothes or something. And what's with Barry's unnatural fixation with his magnum? And how about Tofu having to fight off zombies with just a knife?

Now take a good look at the monsters in those games.... you got cameos from famous Hollywood creature flicks: giant sewer alligators, anaconda-size serpents and even the shark from JAWS. I think Plant 43 was based on the one seen in Little Shop of horrors. All campy stuff.

And I love it.

And I still think the old BATMAN from the 60's was a lot more entertaining than the one we got last time. Mainly because he was campy. And Joker made DK rock, not Batman.
            Wesker doesn't look like he's in a pop band.
            Spoiler:

Sure he's stylish, but he looks fit to be a member of a tactics team.

Using colors to separate characters is a basic design that doesn't automatically single them out as cartoon network characters. You'd be surprised how costume designs do this and go right above your head without your knowing.

Barry's fixation with his magnum is part of his character. The more scary games aren't entirely humorless, but there's a difference between light humor and off-the-wall whacky. We know Barry is a NRA member and has a fascination with them. His magnum scene is tame if anything. Consider how Barry used his magnum in REmake in contrast to RE5.

Tofu is the quirky bonus. Not part of the main campaign and a recycled HUNK mini game. His knife only adds to the challenge of the scenario. There's no character to be had here. I can't very well say Silent Hill for all its horror lacks in the quirky department either just because they include bonuses like laser guns or UFO endings. What I'm focusing on is the story and characters of the main campaign itself.

I never even argued the monsters regarding the campy/gritty horror games, but we might as well look into them. Given that this is a lab we can safely say they experiment on animals and plants just as well as humans. That's what makes each monster encounter work in the first game. As for RE2 the outbreak spread all over the city. Experiments from the lab got out, and Outbreak even touches on locations like the zoo having infected animals and the like. As for the monsters we know full well that they were based on horror movies. The series is very much inspired from film, and that's not a bad thing.

You can call them campy, but it really depends how they are used. Plant 42 doesn't sing 'Feed Me Seymour' at any point in the game. Neptune isn't exactly at Sea World here. They were used effectively. In REmake's case we had less puns and more suspense from them.
            Last edited by Smiley; 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

As for the Japanese voice acting...oh great...let's see how this changes situations between the English script and the Japanese. I just wonder if it will be strictly limited to the Japanese version of the game or if you can change between English/Japanese on any version. Aside from that...game is starting to sound more and more like RE5. More melee/finishing moves, partner that follows you around but definitely cant control...what a great return to 'horror'. Fear you cant forget guys...fear you cant forget.
              The 'situations' always were remarkably different in the previous games for about 15 years. The translated English scripts are fucking trash compared to the original Japanese scripts.

The Japanese voices are probably to accommodate the fact that there are more hardcore handheld gamers in Japan.

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              I've read from several devs or producers over the years it was seen as 'cool' thing to do.
              The real reason is that they wanted it to feel American, since the game was set in America.
              Last edited by News Bot; 09-08-2011, 04:19 PM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

That's true. The Richard Waugh interview we had on Project Umbrella painted a very nice picture about the dialogue in that game.

Comment

She's with hair in her face because she's running and hurt and her hair gets in her face in the 5 minutes we see her before she dies a violent dead, we all should cool down about Capcom's total lack of good sense.

Comment

Huge fucking tits, fat ass, FUCK YEAH. FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                      Huge fucking tits, fat ass, FUCK YEAH. FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP
                      i like this dude already

Comment

Calm down, chap. My post was a satire of this whole situation. You, with your middle school-maturity level when it comes to these sorts of things, and everyone else overreacting to Tits Magee's appearance.

I'll have to agree to a certain extent, though...this is about as bad as Capcom has ever gotten with their objectification of women in the Resident Evil series. If Jill in RE3 was bad, this is just downright tasteless. Tits flopping everywhere, asses jiggling and bouncing left and right...enough's enough.

And now, I fap.

Comment

i just spoke my mind that is all.. people can like it or not
                          thats not my problem
                          it wasent really childish most adult men screams BOOOOOOBIES when they see a pair

welcome to the nature of the male.

and anyway i bet you she dies 5 min into the game, but they put her up on websites and everything ...
                          because in the end .... sex sells
                          Last edited by rehunk88; 09-08-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

cvxfreak says the voice acting will be optional. In japan only? Either way they are trying to cater to fans regardless if true who might be used to the Japanese version, but it does beg the question for which will be synced properly.

Comment

See you in hell.

Comment

New girl sounds like a bimbo in latest trailer.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X