Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep... IGN confirms its RE6 and it's starring Leon and Chris

For the first time in Resident Evil history, Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield will both be playable characters in Capcom's ambitious sixth main entry in its survival horror series. Sources within the development team have started to give IGN a broad picture of the game's scope, which certainly seems larger than any Resident Evil title we've seen so far. This news comes on the heels of the leaked logo and release date for the game.

Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations. Sources tell us Chris and Leon will have seperate stories in the game that will eventually overlap in some capacity.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216844p1.html
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
      Do you think we will get some videos? I mean, if the game is apparently ready for a November release, there has to be footage to share! Please, oh pretty please! * o*..
      Honently if we say capcom have been working on the game for what 2-3 years it is possible to get images or alittle teaser.

Comment

• Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy will not be alone in this new game. Both Chris and Leon will have unnamed partners of their own, teaming up in similar fashion to the Chris Redfield/Jessica Sherawat and Jill Valentine/Parker Luciani pairings in Resident Evil Revelations. Sources tell us Chris and Leon will have seperate stories in the game that will eventually overlap in some capacity.

We're also told Ada Wong will have a playable role in the game, though not immediately. It appears as though the Ada storyline will become available to players after the Chris and Leon arcs have been completed, plus a third primary narrative featuring a new character. Any of the three main story branches will be selectable early on in the game, allowing players to see each storyline through to completion before starting another one.
        The fact all those prospects interest and excite me immediately leads me to believe it's nonsense. Surely Capcom would never give us something so fascinating... I want to be wrong, though.

Comment

• If that release date is true they better have gameplay videos ready to show off. This would be a huge announcement if true (two main entries released in the same year) which is why I'm not gonna believe any of it until officially revealed by Capcom.
          I do prefer what I'm reading compared to Leon/Chris only deal. IGN says that they have different story segments (like RE2 I assume but locations would change as well) and partners (possibly new characters or Claire/Jill?) and there's a third new character with a storyline as well as Ada being playable in an unlockable section like Separate Ways.

Comment

• well we will find out hopefully more at

Resident Evil 6 is expected to be revealed via a viral site at 2:00 PM PST today.

Comment

• I'm torn on this game already. On one hand, it being an even-numbered game starring Leon almost guarantees its status as one of the best games. On the other hand, Steroidfield is present to bog down the game with his sheer lack of personality. And I don't like the sound of "mix between RE4 and RE5". Just do RE4 or classic camera. RE5 should die in a corner.
              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                I'm torn on this game already. On one hand, it being an even-numbered game starring Leon almost guarantees its status as one of the best games. On the other hand, Steroidfield is present to bog down the game with his sheer lack of personality. And I don't like the sound of "mix between RE4 and RE5". Just do RE4 or classic camera. RE5 should die in a corner.
                If it's anything like Revelations I'm sold already.

Comment

• Oh god.... The hype is building, make it stop!..... God, my fear is that this isn't another RE5 with "fear you can't forget".

Comment

• omg if this is true im so pumped for this... i still got the dissapointment from last time we got fooled by fake Resident evil 6 title
                    i really really want this one to be true.

Comment

• I made this image a few years back. Seems fitting now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vector View Post
                        I made this image a few years back. Seems fitting now.

Amen

Comment

• RESIDENT EVIL 6: WII U EXCLUSIVE!

Can you imagine?
                          sigpic

Comment

• IF nothing else, we can all be thankful it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Retribution (the viral campaign, anyway).
                            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post

Amen
                              I beat that with my signature, though.

I saw it coming (no I didn't)

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                              IF nothing else, we can all be thankful it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Retribution (the viral campaign, anyway).
                              Oh yeah... that.

Hey, where is that Josh-San dude that branded me a troll for questioning his theory about this being a PR thing for that RE flick and stuff?
                              Last edited by Pikminister; 01-19-2012, 02:51 PM.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                                IF nothing else, we can all be thankful it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Retribution (the viral campaign, anyway).
                                Haha, yeah! Where's that Josh-San dude now? Huh? ..
                                Last edited by PracticalAl; 01-19-2012, 02:50 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X