Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Xbox One" has awesome games. Haters are missing out. (So is most of Europe now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the price tag is because of the Kinect thing talked about earlier, I assume. To be honest I've had good times with 360 though PS3 has also been pretty cool. I have no loyalty or whatever you want to call it since the Gamecube era when it game me what I needed. Everything about the new XB just seems awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Isn't it still region locked for the day one patch, meaning imported consoles are no good but importing games and playing them on a home region console will still work. Or did they change that too?
      Original OS (or stock firmware of one of the reprogrammable components?) - so all hardware manufactured after a certain date will probably be "pre-patched/updated" to be region free "out of the box." Importing a console to a non-launch location would mean you'd rely on import the games to go with it anyway (until you can finally buy games locally). If the One is just like most other systems with upgradable OS/firmware stuff; the required/recent updates are likely to be included on-disc for certain/most games + on the original Xbox and 360; the patching server are more or less seperate from the regional LIVE stuff (so not subjected to your current status of account/console banning) - meaning all you need to get the latest dashboard is a working Internet connection and the technical know-how to either connect the system up with a cable or via WiFi and run the basic connectivitity test at the end to check for updates

Not sure what the original region lock structure on the system was, but guessing they were just gunning for basic A/B/C (BluRay) duplication on games. Question is of course whether or not the region free treatment then also extends to BR movies or not.

Comment

• "Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR and DE."

From MS official info page.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

"Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR and DE."

From MS official info page.
          I won't be able to yell at my TV like a crazy person? Oh the horror.

Comment

• Yeah but we're talking about people that think Magic The Gathering is a good deal for next month's free Gold members. Living in a bubble.

Comment

• I hate it when I get more than I'd agreed to pay for.

Comment

• Does the gamepad works on windows?

Comment

• Last I heard, not yet.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I hate it when I get more than I'd agreed to pay for.
                  Come on it's poor and you know it, you shouldn't have been paying in the first place.

Comment

• How do you spend $100m designing a controller?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• You dont. You spend 2 million on designing a controller. the other 98 million goes towards executives bonuses in marketing.
                      Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-31-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• And then tell everyone to use Kinect and voice commands instead

Comment

How do you spend $100m designing a controller?
                          I honestly have no clue, unless they somehow put the R&D costs into the total manufacturing costs and what not for the full evolution from the launch 360 pad to the current One pad ... all so they could possibly exploit some weird hole in a tax law. But then again, looking at the One pad and reading user feedback on it so far ... that's one fucking sexy controller on the functionality front. Must've truly let that thing become the village bicycle or something to make sure it's tried and testet.

Comment

Working...
                          X