Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Xbox One" has awesome games. Haters are missing out. (So is most of Europe now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    ^Not "sticking to my guys", just being realistic here and not overreacting to stuff that doesn't really affect me. I play games, not consoles. You'll find me where the games I wanna play are
    (To be honest, I loved Don's comment about "buying a 360 instead" - kinda like saying "Don't want an iPhone as your MP3 player? Get the iPod touch instead then!)
    I dont think that's a good analogy. If I buy an album in 2015 it will play on my MP3 player from 2009. Telling customers who want next gen games to buy a console which will eventually be obsolete and unsupported isn't an acceptable answer. If Xbox One games were backward compatible, sure. I love my 360. But PS4 has the games I want at a more affordable price and is more consumer friendly so for me it's an easy choice.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• He side stepped the first two questions and either had no or refused to answer for almost everything else only continuing the confusing mess of answers. As I said weeks back, possibly in here or maybe elsewhere, the inconsistent and unreliable answers are the biggest cause of the fuss because if the company thought out its plans and explained it clearly then half the complaints might not have any traction. Or people really could choose how interested they are or aren't off solid facts not many unanswered or confusing and conflicting answers.

I also see Microsoft continues to partner with Pepsi Co on another Mountain Dew... Sorry "Mtn Dew" - because they advertise for idiots now, and Doritos crossover once more opening that can of worms up after last years mess.

As for memory and console parity, so far one of the things MS has made clear is that their 8 GB is split 5/3 on games and operational tasks. Sony hasn't confirmed theirs but dev team rumblings make it sound that it might be as much of a split as 7/1 for games and OS because Sony intends to allow devs to tap into more resources (which to me seems silly as it may make for a slow OS once more.) We will see I guess.
      Last edited by Rombie; 06-16-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        I also see Microsoft continues to partner with Pepsi Co on another Mountain Dew... Sorry "Mtn Dew" - because they advertise for idiots now, and Doritos crossover once more opening that can of worms up after last years mess.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1371254050396.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	403106

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          As for memory and console parity, so far one of the things MS has made clear is that their 8 GB is split 5/3 on games and operational tasks. Sony hasn't confirmed theirs but dev team rumblings make it sound that it might be as much of a split as 7/1 for games and OS because Sony intends to allow devs to tap into more resources (which to me seems silly as it may make for a slow OS once more.) We will see I guess.
          Yeah. Doing it the other way around and instead "later" in the generation starting to minimize the memory footprint of the OS is a much better approach. Prevents you from being in situations like the PS3 this gen, where they didn't exactly have much to take from when they suddenly wanted to copy Xbox features and functionality left and right.

Comment

• Since the hardware specs are so similar now, I wonder if some decent hackers could port exclusives over to the rival console.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]8903[/ATTACH]
              Click image for larger version

Name:	9037236221_71e33dd52d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	403109
              Yes, that is a real thing. A fucking sweepstakes...for fucking junk food packaging.
              Last edited by BBboy20; 06-17-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                Since the hardware specs are so similar now, I wonder if some decent hackers could port exclusives over to the rival console.
                They're similar only if you don't care for specifics. The XB1's components are significantly weaker all-round.

The XB1 is a piece of shit and anyone who buys it deserves no sympathy for buying into an anti-consumer ideal.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  They're similar only if you don't care for specifics. The XB1's components are significantly weaker all-round.
                  Both systems run on the same CPU, are DirectX 11 compatible, same graphic chipset (although PS4's more powerful), same RAM size (smaller launch footprint on PS4 and also faster RAM on PS4, but we know nothing of its potential bottlenecks or architecture "in general" - Profiled devs saying good things seems promising, though), etc. etc., but depending on integration of cloud computing ... it'll be interesting to see what system comes out the most favorable once multiplatform titles gets compared side-by-side - for many reasons.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  The XB1 is a piece of shit and anyone who buys it deserves no sympathy for buying into an anti-consumer ideal.
                  You're such a rebel.

Comment

• You just agreed with what I said though, Carn. The XB1 has a lower CPU clock-speed (rumored to be down-clocked even more), a weaker GPU, slower (and less for gaming) RAM, and so on. The "Cloud" may alleviate these bottlenecks, but we're still waiting to see anything on that. The XB1 still has absolutely nothing that justifies the price tag.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 06-17-2013, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• ^Fuck! I forgot that I wasn't supposed to do that! My interest and passion must be blind, biased, and unconditional.

Anyway, the available RAM reserved for the OS vs gaming on launch is something I could say is an advantage on the One, though. It was a royal pain both to Sony and consumers that they hadn't reserved a larger footprint for the OS on the PS3 when they suddenly wanted to add cross-game voice chat, trophies, in-game XMB, etc.. Lots of crashes, bogs, incompatibility problems, clunky work arounds, etc. when they started adding stuff. It's easier to minimize the footprint as you go along (like what's been done on the 360) than to figure out how to both minimize it AND add new stuff to it.

As for the price tag? Well, I dunno what the two beasts' components cost, but the Kinect 2.0 being more in tune with the original design of the original Kinect probably explains a lot (higher res, more frequency options, dedicated onboard hardware, fancier lens tech, etc.) - and the PS4 not coming shipped with the PSEye 3.0 is probably one of the biggest cost factors.

Comment

Amen Brother.

Comment

But THE CLOUD! You don't even need to play games anymore, how cool is that?

Comment

• Kojima claims difference between the systems is so small he doesn't really need worry about it

Curious comment. Question is whether or not it's nothing to worry about 'cause MGS5 is a current gen title getting upconverted (so who the heck needs all that RAM anyway) or if it's a ccase of general hardware engineering and OS structure.

Comment

• MGS4 is evidence that Kojima is barely on the planet as it is.

Kojima in general talks quite a lot of shit. He most commonly overshoots hardware power when running his mouth, but this is a curiously opposite case. Probably just old and bitter.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 06-18-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Didn't Tetsuya Nomura say that too? Thats why FFXV and KH3 are coming to Xbox One as well. Apparently they're nearly identical tech wise. Time will tell when exclusives push both the devices to the limit.

Comment

Working...
                                X