Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Xbox One" has awesome games. Haters are missing out. (So is most of Europe now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to list it all

- Games locked to an account, need pay if buy a used game or borrow/lend one.
    - The price is apparently full price to play a used game.
    - If your disc is sold on or even borrowed and used, you're install of it stops working the moment someone else uses it.
    - Need connect online once a day or no playing even single player games.
    - Cannot remove hardrive, forced to use external HD.
    - Forced full installs of every game (and now not limited by DVD, expect BIG file sizes)
    - The TV stuff needs a seperate cable/sat box connected to it. (So much for 'One')
    - TV stuff is 'US only at launch' which if anything like 360s efforts means US only, forever.
    - Kinect is required, and is always on.
    - No backwards compatibility, physical or digital.

I miss anything?
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      I miss anything?
      Yeah, you missed the part where Microsoft said "We don't care, shut up and give us your money".

The lack of backward comparability is a real shocker, offensive too.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-22-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I missed the third one in the media. I assumed if someone brought a new code and you had the game installed you could still use it. Because what if I lent a game to a friend and he paid for access and the later gave me back the disc so I could play again. If that's true massively f'ed up.

The mixed messages being sent out over each part are absurd. Your console has to be Internet connected but not always on, because that's how you get game access.

You can account share by login but not game share by logging in at a friends place to play but they can't use the game without paying full price on their account (goodbye rentals and any ideas on swapping/trading with friends).

The focus is a games console that's more about other features than actually playing games. And when it comes to games it's not user friendly and prohibitive.

I honestly can't think of how Microsoft could have dropped the ball anymore than they did.
        Last edited by Rombie; 05-22-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Anybody else HYPED?

Comment

welp, i know one thing. i'm not excited for neither One or PS4. they have to pass my 3-rule purchase. 1. price. 2. reliability. 3. games.

i see no reason to be excited for either one of them. they have never even showed actual performance of the system, and what its capable of doing in a live video. how stable the system will run. until then, they can be a brick of sh*t for all we know.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
              So to list it all

- Games locked to an account, need pay if buy a used game or borrow/lend one.
              - The price is apparently full price to play a used game.
              - If your disc is sold on or even borrowed and used, you're install of it stops working the moment someone else uses it.
              - Need connect online once a day or no playing even single player games.
              - Cannot remove hardrive, forced to use external HD.
              - Forced full installs of every game (and now not limited by DVD, expect BIG file sizes)
              - The TV stuff needs a seperate cable/sat box connected to it. (So much for 'One')
              - TV stuff is 'US only at launch' which if anything like 360s efforts means US only, forever.
              - Kinect is required, and is always on.
              - No backwards compatibility, physical or digital.

I miss anything?
              That's pretty much the full shit list so far, although I'd exclude the Kinect part as a negative bit. Everything that's shown and known about the new Kinect hardware is a positive development as far as alternate controllers goes if you ask me (and its functionality is still entirely optional too -- only "negative" is that you must own one. As in; comes with every system ... but it's MS that'll be selling it at a loss...)

Now, let's hope they've gotten their "TV/SPORTS" talk out of their system and that their E3 presentation will be all games. (At least they'll have the "advantage" of being able to show new software at E3, whilst Sony will have to rely on re-reveals of games from their previous presentation).

My emotions are mixed, but the real big winner after both the Sony and Microsoft presentations so far is Nintendo. Seeing a delicious increase in interest in the WiiU.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post

Anybody else HYPED?
                lol, well at least the dog is cool.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

But guys, they'll have exclusive EA Sports titles! And Call of Duty has a dog! Ain't that the greatest thing to grace gaming since the days of Pong?

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                      Xbox One does require internet connection once every day

I just. wat. I don't understand. What are they trying to achieve?
                      Massive anti piracy measures. Remember that MS is one of the biggest pirated companies due to owning 2 of the highest used PC softwares to date: Office and Windows.

They are applying an anti piracy measure that causes problems to their loyal fans. Has nobody learned from the Simcity DRM fiasco at all?
                      They made my next gen choice very easy. Pay to online while all others are free? Required to pay to play pre owned games? Kinect required? Yea... Im SOOOOOO getting a xbox one...

PS.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	clip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	402980
                      Last edited by ccrogers15; 05-22-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                        welp, i know one thing. i'm not excited for neither One or PS4. they have to pass my 3-rule purchase. 1. price. 2. reliability. 3. games.

i see no reason to be excited for either one of them. they have never even showed actual performance of the system, and what its capable of doing in a live video.
                        Killzone Shadowfall demo was run on a live stream.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

While it's a WIP ... if only it was an impressive live demonstration @Killzone.

It was just more of the same old (game wise), just "HD'er" than before ... and most annoyingly to me; the environmental shadows often for some reason fell at a different angle than on-screen actors.

Comment

I just wanted to play some games. Ugh.

Comment

This sums up the Xbox One:

*Watch the entire GIF or you wont get it.

Comment

How about that with this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_HxZkoe7M

Comment

Working...
                                X