OMG!!! STREET FIGHTER IV!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get what you mean...

Art style is only matter of everyone's tastes... (I like it btw ) But what is really pissing me off, is fact, that none of my mains are in this game- K', Kula, Blue Mary and more... mostly girls

Comment

Its a huge step back to be honest, granted they claimed it took 12-16 months to fully animate one character, but even so, they left ALOT of fan favorites out of this game, I also hate the idea of no official teams or storyline in XII *the only character with an ending is Ash supposedly*
      It looks ok, but if anything the game has a half baked vibe to it, especially from seeing how it played in beta on the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        Its a huge step back to be honest, granted they claimed it took 12-16 months to fully animate one character, but even so, they left ALOT of fan favorites out of this game, I also hate the idea of no official teams or storyline in XII *the only character with an ending is Ash supposedly*
        It looks ok, but if anything the game has a half baked vibe to it, especially from seeing how it played in beta on the videos.
        I can only agrre with you....

But if it's really that hard to make even one character (I believe them..), i think that everyone who likes KoF series should buy KoFXII to appreciate their hard work...

btw Review for SFIV is on GT now: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45571.html

Comment

Its out on friday here. Hopefully it will arrive at my doorstep then, if not then i'm never preordering from Game.co.uk again!

Comment

My order was sent out by play.com this morning, so hopefully I get it by friday, last few games they've sent out before release date i've usually received on the day prior to release so heres hoping.

Comment

So my preorder turned up 24 hours early and i've been playing it all day. It's awesome, but i have a couple of minor (and not so minor) gripes. It's really hard, even on the normal difficulty setting due to the over reliance on those hard to execute 'Ultra' combos. They look good and do a shedload of damage but are extremely unreliable and fiddly to activate, leading to frustration when they frequently fail to work when you need them the most. Normally the outcome of a failed attempt involves you jumping towards your opponent instead and getting smashed.

The other not so minor gripe i have is with the dickless piece of shit final 'boss', Seth. I don't know why Capcom bothered to include such a cheap and overpowered character, let alone have the audacity to make him a final boss. Since there are 8 unlockable characters and you have to beat the arcade mode with a different character every time to unlock the hidden onces, that means beating Seth 8 times. Because he's so cheap, it's really starting to try my patience. I just ended up putting the difficulty on to very easy and the round limit on one. Too much of a chore otherwise...

Comment

I bought it yesterday and I "Love" it, I have not had alot of time to play it yet but soon as I get my ps3 back im making love to that game, I only have a few complaints with it but its all just fodder in retrospect to its awsomeness.
                1. Don't like Seth...Hate Seth actually, why not make Akuma or Bison the boss.
                2. throw out Gen and give us someone else maybe Ibuku or one of the twins.
                3.I love the art style and the face models when getting it it makes me laugh.
                4. When did Balrog get his missing tooth fixed lol.
                5.My fav Character Ken Masters , his Revenge move is lame I wish he had the fire kick special, and his "special" was his Revenge move as of now.

I know those things I stated are kinda of mute things but whatever I suppse, just felt like saying it, O yeah love how you can knock vegas mask off lol, anyways Amazing game and im drooling to the fact I cannot wait for my PS3 to come back.

Its going to be a CAPCOM overload between SFIV and RE5.-thumbs up- see ya online boys and girls, and if you want to throw down or team up . PSN: J_Man757

ps-Love it when Ken calls Rufus,"Meatball!" I laughed so hard.
                Last edited by J_Man757; 02-24-2009, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Aren't the "twins" just clones of Cammy? (I'm assuming we're talking about Juni and Juli?)

I think the home characters were just included to bring in characters from the series (though oddly there are hardly any from Third Strike)

Gen - Street Fighter I
                  Fei Long & Cammy - Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
                  Rose & Sakura - Street Fighter Alpha

Did I miss any? >_>
                  Last edited by James; 02-26-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I've got it for the PS3 and love it, feel free to add me to your PSN if you want a round:

STARS_TyranT
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I like this game but I get annoyed at it very quickly because I don't know how to use the combos properly and I keep losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                        I like this game but I get annoyed at it very quickly because I don't know how to use the combos properly and I keep losing.
                        Focus Attack (Y + B, or Circle + Triangle) is your friend until you learn how to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia-Ashford View Post
                          im actually the worst player in the world

Comment

IF anyone is up for a match let me know, not played properly in a week or so and have yet to try the online function of the game on XBL.

Comment

Yo, add me up.

XBL = HumanHighway

I've played about 25 online matches and won only 1. Pretty sad!

Comment

Not really dude.
                                Im kind of annoyed they went in the right direction with HD Remix's remapped controls then took 2 steps back bring the controls back to their original movesets, to me it screams of Japanese arrogance, shunning HD Remix because it was developed, tested and remixed by Westerners and ignoring everything which actually makes it a superior beat em up to SF4. *For example, a decent Online set up/lobby etc, easier controls etc, I don't bother bitching abotu the 2 button throw as it makes sense really*

Just to Add, just started online play, lost 2 won 5 so far, not bad online but the joke is I have to play arcade mode with the online play option available in order to get a match in as the menu option is nothing short of horrendous.

Comment

Working...
                                X