OMG!!! STREET FIGHTER IV!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine by me, poopoo head.
    Whats your XBL again, im playing SF4 now.

Current Record 34/72

Comment

HumanHighway innit. Add me up..

I just kicked some guy who played as Akuma and all he did was throw me repeatedly so that i couldn't even stand up or move... 10 seconds later i get a message saying "ahahah u suck so much". Good example of the Street Fighter 4 jerk!

Comment

Theres quite a few, I actually got bad rep yesterday for kicking someone who spent the entire time throwing and turtling with air fireballs *Akuma user*, who accused me of being unsporting, another guy cord pulled on the third round *I was winning 2-0 and was cert to win, he had 4,000BP to my 1027* then accused me of a) Using a broken character *No I used Sakura* b) Throw Whoring *No I didn't I only threw him 3 times in 3 rounds when he was fool enough to go in with a Shoryuken and c) Overly aggressive behaviour *How??? its a f*cking fighting game!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT BE AGGRESSIVE*
        *But he had a Chelsea Football Club Icon as his XBL avatar so he's by default a tosser anyway*

Oh yea then theres the guys you beat who go "LEARN TO FIGHT ROOKIE"...but they have 300-400bp.

Edit: Added you, will probably be on it after 10pm GMT

EDIT: Example of a Quintessential SF4 Jerk, one who should really be on Ranked but uses Player mode as an excuse to improve his win count, beating you senseless then choosing whatever character you chose to try and beat you as if to say "Yeah I spend so long in my mothers basement playing this game I can use every character like the sad little tosser that I am."

Theres being good, and then theres being a complete prat :p.
        Last edited by The Dude; 03-20-2009, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Is this game worth getting? I liked the original SF games.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Street Fighter IV's pretty darned awesome.

Though, I do think it's still in need of some updating/tweaking.

The final boss' AI in Arcade Mode is absolutely terrible and cheap. (If you play 3 round, his first round is just a looped pattern, even. Not even what qualifies as an AI. When you have 1 win over him, his AI just turns into the world champion of cheesyness)
            The final boss, as a character, is absolutely terrible. Period.
            Fortunately, you only really play through arcade to unlock characters, which can be done on any difficulty (and for some achievements... if you're that type of person).

Balrog (Boxer) has way too many absurd invincibility frames for my liking. It's usually somewhat bearable in player vs player matches, as he can be quite the bitch to play with, but vs. CPU it's just shit annoying.

I also don't like Gouken's fireballs (I've never been much of a fan of "variation" fireball attacks in games in general, beyond speed and range control)

Also, yeah, I'm not much of a fan of playing against people who'll just repeat things over and over again. Sure, it's usually easy to break patterns that some idiots enter, but it makes things incredibly boring on your end and it makes you seem like the unsporting jackass, for just constantly doing the same to break the other player's repeating pattern. Keep that shit for CPU matches, kthx. Variety is the spice of life... or something!

Comment

Cool I might have to check it out, I'm a big fan of Vega and Sagat
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                Is this game worth getting? I liked the original SF games.
                For the most part its a 10/10 fighter, theres just alot which needs tweaking and rebalancing for Higher End/online play.

More punishment for Rage Quitters, and a Double Blind character select would be nice for starters.
                Would also be nice if they completely redid the anime cutscenes for intros and endings, or just restored the text/picture based endings of the Japanese Arcade version.

I agree that for the most part, the Final Bosses AI is horrendous, and bordering on Classic SNK cheap, with the player having to resort to cheap tactics and repeat patterns of moves to try and stump him, only to piss him off for him to become even more cheap in the 2nd round regardless of difficulty.

_________

On another note, who here thinks they're deliberately holding back the main character music themes *which are only present on the destinybattle/fight your rival part of the arcade mode* for a paid unlockable DLC to be used on VS mode at a later date?

Comment

Sounds great, I might have to pick it up in a few days.

Comment

If you're only planning local 2p play, its amazing, its just online alot of people are VERY dodgy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      On another note, who here thinks they're deliberately holding back the main character music themes *which are only present on the destinybattle/fight your rival part of the arcade mode* for a paid unlockable DLC to be used on VS mode at a later date?
                      Speaking of DLC; what's the latest official word on the Tournament patch thingy some people were talking of around launch? (and what exactly will it contain?)

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      If you're only planning local 2p play, its amazing, its just online alot of people are VERY dodgy.
                      Ahah, yeah, random online battling (in almost any game, really) is victim of this. And, yeah, SFIV (like many other games) is certainly best enjoyed on the couch with friends

Comment

• No news on the Tournament Edition patch, although from the looks of it, it certainly won't involve;

Double Blind Select
                        Punishment of Rage Quitters
                        Character Rebalancing.

Just hit the 100 Wins Achievement, started to main with Cammy now as frankly its the only way to beat cheapass Vega users.

Comment

• All you need is Bison.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Damn I love vega, but I have to admit people always cheat with him, even back in the day with sf2 lol. I want this game so bad but I'm broke as hell, I wonder how much a used copy is...50 bucks?

Comment

• How to play Vega *cheaply*
                              Answer every fireball, floorsweep/cannon spike/charging move with a backflip, in close combat, down + Fierce Punch or MP for quick claw slash with good reach and spammable to gain distance.

Immediately answer any rebuttal with wall jump/slash or throw

???

Profit.

Comment

• That's terrible. How's Sagat's attacks?

Comment

Working...
                                X