No announcement yet.

What Game/Games are you playing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i only ever played a demo of sands of time a few years ago, and can't remember much of it.

but is this new prince of persa game even related to the other ones?

it looks completely different.

Comment

• Yeah, from what I've heard it's a whole new canon. Which is cool, cause then I can get it and not be completely lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
        but is this new prince of persa game even related to the other ones?

it looks completely different.
        That's what I'm wondering. The Sands of Time, Warrior Within and The Two Thrones were all great games in their own right, each one with different gameplay mechanics and story elements from the others, with the Prince being pretty much the only continuous factor. This one looks to be set in a different universe, though, with an emphasis on magic and crap like that.

Personally, Warrior Within is one of my favorite games ever. The ability to rewind time, the combat system, the chase sequences running away from the Dahaka...oh man.

Comment

• Right now, I'm playing MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• Far Cry 2, Burnout Paradise, Prince of Persia when I grab it tomorrow, and a little Gears 2, sprinkled with Left4Dead for flavouring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              Is it not the same Prince from the first 3 games? I enjoyed that trilogy, but this game seems like an all new series.
              No its a different Prince and a different Land, not sure about continuity, but so far *I think im barely 1/4 through it so far*, the "Prince" isn't a Prince at all, he's more of a mysterious adventurer/thief, there are some injokes to the Sands of Time Trilogy, the earliest one being *not very spoilerish*

Spoiler:

Besides the Injokes, its a complete reboot, the Prince is his own man, although he constantly alludes to previous quests and conquests, however he's deliberately ambiguous and won't tell Elika about them or his own past.

So far its pretty damn interesting as I grew bored with Warrior Within's prince filled to the brim with GENERIC RAGE!! or the rather Emo Two Thrones incarnation of the Prince. Im sure again people will disagree but im actually really enjoying the new Prince although he's obviously a self absorbed prick.

Comment

• better late then never, im playing Fahrenheit (aka indigo prophecy) right now. Its a pretty amazing game, although the QTE's can be very unforgiving at times. I'm loving how the story is unfolding so far, the multiple character approach to the same scenario is an amazing touch.

Will look forward to Heavy Rain now too.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-J View Post
                  better late then never, im playing Fahrenheit (aka indigo prophecy) right now. Its a pretty amazing game, although the QTE's can be very unforgiving at times. I'm loving how the story is unfolding so far, the multiple character approach to the same scenario is an amazing touch.

Will look forward to Heavy Rain now too.
                  Unfortunately I felt like Fahrenheit just kinda fell apart at the end there. Overall an amazing experience, but I'm really glad that Heavy Rain won't involve any paranormal stuff.

Comment

• im about 50% through the story mode, so far it all seems decent enough, lets see how the game falls apart as just about everyone says ...

Comment

• Well, there's always the chance that your expectations will be so low based on what everyone says, that you'll be pleasantly surprised.
                      It just strays away from that, "Choose your words carefully and you'll get different answers" and more toward the QTE central.

EDIT: Received and currently am playing Dead Head Fred. I'm really enjoying it. The voice overs are really well done. The style of the game is cool, the gameplay is fairly solid. And the graphics are great. I have to say, no many PSP games look this good. At least not many good PSP games, which is odd, considering how great of a game Ratchet and Clank was, and how weak the character textures in that game were.
                      The texturing and geometry of Dead Head Fred is pretty much Dreamcast quality.
                      Last edited by Biohazard EX; 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• No Biohazard 5 demo for me... So I'm playing Mad Jackal again.
                        Time to shank some zombies!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
                          Well, there's always the chance that your expectations will be so low based on what everyone says, that you'll be pleasantly surprised.
                          It just strays away from that, "Choose your words carefully and you'll get different answers" and more toward the QTE central.
                          I loved Indigo Prophecy all the way through (well, not the ending) and generally enjoy QTEs in any game. Does this make me weird? Because most people seem to think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foggle View Post
                            I loved Indigo Prophecy all the way through (well, not the ending) and generally enjoy QTEs in any game. Does this make me weird? Because most people seem to think so.
                            No, I have nothing against QTEs, I just think it went a little too over the top from where it started. I mean, they went Dragonball Z at the end there... Which I'd have nothing against except... Well, this game is supposed to be an investigative thriller.

So yeah, definitely happy that Heavy Rain isn't gonna have anything paranormal in it.

Comment

• Have been on Outbreak 1 I was on the hive level as Geroge and I mess up alot I lost both Jim and Cindy was not my beast playthough but it happen Ill be playing Hell Fire soon as Mark then David.

Comment

• Gotta love The Remake, best game I've played...ever, can never get bored of it. Just started playing Re4 again got past chapter 5 and thought hell im bored. Got every weapon and the typewriter kills all enemys with only a few bullets,so thought whats the point? Think I'll retry Remake on Invincible mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X