No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just saw zombieland last week, one of the best zombie movies ive ever seen.

Comment

• Holy Fuck, Paranormal Activities has me pretty messed up after seeing. I just finished watching it about 20 min ago... god damn it gets intense.
      Last edited by Stars_g36; 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Watched Halloween 2 woof! Possibly the worst Halloween ever. Yes even worse than Halloween 3.

Comment

• i recently saw zombieland and while it was great it wasnt as good as i expected, not quite as good as shaun of the dead but still pretty damn good, i hear that theyre meant to make a few sequels too

Comment

• Just watched Paranormal Activity. I've seen my fair share of horror movies and the last movie that had me freaked out was The Entity. Just something about Poltergeists scare the crap out of me. I was loving this film and then I saw the ending. Not only did it spoil the ending of the film for me, I instantly felt all the fear and tension it had built up throughout the film just vanish. I'm really gutted if I could go back I would turn the film off 5 minutes from the end and this film would have been a hell of a lot scarier. Out of all the endings they could have gone with, they picked the lamest most predictable. I hear the original ending is much better though so lets hope it's on the dvd.

Comment

• Originally posted by P Anderson DIE View Post
              Just watched Paranormal Activity. I've seen my fair share of horror movies and the last movie that had me freaked out was The Entity. Just something about Poltergeists scare the crap out of me. I was loving this film and then I saw the ending. Not only did it spoil the ending of the film for me, I instantly felt all the fear and tension it had built up throughout the film just vanish. I'm really gutted if I could go back I would turn the film off 5 minutes from the end and this film would have been a hell of a lot scarier. Out of all the endings they could have gone with, they picked the lamest most predictable. I hear the original ending is much better though so lets hope it's on the dvd.
              I saw the cop ending, and really I think both endings are two alternate ways to end it conventionally, which is what had to happen. This sounds crazy, but I kinda wish the film didn't end. Every last night and aftermath scene was absolutely chilling, with my eyes racing around the camera setup to see if something appears in a door opening or dim bit of light, and my ears on high alert. You could do so much crap with that, and the fact that they made it all so minimal and cliche was fitting. You learn midway through the film that Spoiler:
              I just can't figure out a way to adequately end it, and since this film's effect is based around the anticipation of a payoff, I'm not surprised that the ending put certain feelings to rest.

Comment

• Just watched it myself. Really great film, probably better than other the shakey cam movies out there. The pacing is spot on, really nails it. I managed to last about 40 minutes before i had to turn the lights on.

I'm not easily scared. The only TV/movie to ever deeply scare me was a UK tv show called Ghost Watch, which was basically a "real" documentary about a haunted house. Basically there was a brief shot of the show's ghostly figure in the bedroom which you saw from a panning shot...but when the camera quickly moved back to check it ("Pipes") was gone. This utterly rocked me at the age of 10/11.

But this film contains easily the most horrific thing i've seen since then. Truly horrible to watch. I've spoilered it for those that get to see it...Spoiler:

Yeah, would definitely recommend this!

Comment

• Just got back from Zombie Land.

Loved it 4.5/5

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh my fucking God, that was ridiculous. Just saw it tonight with my friends, and like you, I've seen my fair share of horror... but damn. Everything about that movie was portrayed so well. The characters were real, they didn't feel like actors. The way the couple would bicker and such was so realistic. The way the camera was used (on a fixed tripod during the night as opposed to "shaky cam") was so simple, and yet it opened up so many possibilities.

I really didn't mind the ending. I don't want to take any risks or spoil anything about the movie, so I'll just spoiler it.
                    Spoiler:

I was so enthralled by this couple's predicament, it was so horrifying, that I didn't even realize until after the movie was over that my hands and legs were shaking. Right now I have to have the TV on just to have the noise. I can't stand hearing silence anymore. Also, regarding that in the movie, Spoiler:
                    Everytime, I was like "Fuck, where is it, what's changing?!" The loudest screams in the theater came from the most subtle changes.

Even as I write this, I can't get my arms to stop shaking. I seriously can't consider sleeping well tonight. I hear my dad walking around upstairs, but I can't help but think of Paranormal Activity. My phone just vibrated with a Twitter update, and the sound of the vibrations sent a chill down my spine. I look at everything differently now that I've seen that movie. I can't wait to pick it up on DVD.

I recommend this, but I also warn you: you will not be the same after seeing it. I guarantee you.

@WeskerIncarnate: Don't watch it alone. Seriously.
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 10-24-2009, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Definatley watch it alone and in the dark, It's the best way to enjoy this movie.

Comment

• ^ I was talking more about if she ever wanted to sleep again, don't watch it alone.

Comment

• I've been hearing a lot about this Paranormal Activity movie:
                          "Scariest movie of all time."
                          "I didn't sleep after watching it."
                          "So scary! I jumped so many times!"

Just watched it.

Easily, one of the top five WORST FUCKING FILMS I have ever seen in my life. I continue to NOT be scared by ANY of the piece of shit 'horror' films that come out these days. The only scary thing about this film is that people are going to waste their hard-earned cash to see it because of all the hype that is surrounding it. I didn't jump once during this movie, and I only felt myself getting uncomfortable once, near the end.

Sure, the idea of something like this happening is freaky, and I believe that there is some kind of higher power...a 'supernatural' power, what have you...but seeing it on film was nothing short of a waste of my time. There was NOTHING scary about this movie. The ending was eerie, ironic and kind of sad at best, but the film as a whole was fucking stupid. I cannot recommend this movie to anyone, unless you piss me off and I am seeking revenge.

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                          I recommend this, but I also warn you: you will not be the same after seeing it. I guarantee you.
                          Yes, Canas is right. I'm not the same after seeing this movie. I now have even LESS faith in humanity.
                          Last edited by Vector; 10-24-2009, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• haha! Always funny when people hide behind a film's hype...when there's two people here alone who've seen it and enjoyed it WITHOUT the hype!

Comment

• Well theres always someone out there who doesnt like a movie. Theres no such thing as a perfect movie were EVERYONE likes it.
                              Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 10-24-2009, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                                haha! Always funny when people hide behind a film's hype...when there's two people here alone who've seen it and enjoyed it WITHOUT the hype!
                                Hype or not, the movie didn't scare me. Not one bit. I also didn't buy the acting. There was a point in the movie where you got a close-up of Katie's face during a time where she should've been absolutely SHITTING HER PANTS, and I just did not get that impression.

Comment

Working...
                                X