Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    Just finished SAW VI not too long ago. Despite having thought the spoilers for it sounded retarded, I actually kind of liked it. I'm interested to see where they go with VII.
    Was it better than IV and V?

Comment

• It depends on taste, really. I think it was better than IV, but I liked V more than VI.

I know V isn't particularly popular, but there's just something about it I like.
      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

It depends on taste, really. I think it was better than IV, but I liked V more than VI.

I know V isn't particularly popular, but there's just something about it I like.
        Same here, I like the group oriented idea, plus the ending. I HATED IV though, worst of all imo.

Comment

• 3 is the best

Comment

Fantastic Mr. Fox
            Up
            Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
            The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus

which 1 should I see next.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              It's simple, really. I was part of the hype for Uncharted 2 because I loved the first one and was excited for the sequel as soon as it was announced. Paranormal Activity was just a movie I heard about, getting rave reviews, "scariest movie of all time," so I figured I'd check it out. Uncharted 2 lived up to the hype for me because it's a great game, and this lame movie obviously didn't live up to any expectations in my mind.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't have high expectations for this movie because I don't ever have any expectations for 'horror' movies that come out these days. I didn't like the movie. At all. Why is it so hard to grasp? It didn't scare me, it did nothing for me. Some of the late night haunting scenes were cool, but that's really it. I didn't buy the actors like everyone else did because I felt like they were actors trying to act like real people like characters in most 'shakey camera' movies.

I've heard "THIS MOVIE IS SO SCARY" soooo many times before, and I've seen each of these films by taking what people say with a grain of salt, because I'm just not scared like normal people, I guess. I'm not trying to be macho or tough, and I'd be honest and say "this movie made me shit my pants out of fear" if it happened, but it doesn't happen.

I honestly don't see what the big fuss over my post is about. Where in my original post about the film did I say "I WAS EXPECTING THIS MOVIE TO BE AWESOME BECAUSE I HEARD IT WAS AWESOME AND IT SUCKED!!"? Oh that's right, I didn't. Must've struck a nerve somehwere else.

I didn't fucking like the movie, who gives a shit? Just because some people here pissed their pants in the theater, had their lives changed, had to turn the lights on and lost sleep doesn't mean that I have to feel that way. You think I give a fuck if someone says they HATE Uncharted 2? Give me a break.

And Stu, seriously, you really should stop trying so hard to be so scathing. Everyone understands that you're the insulting asshole of the boards, so you really don't need to go out of your way to do it anymore. Pump the fucking brakes once in a while.
              Issued you an infraction for this post, simply because you directly insulted another forum member and ignored another moderator's instructions (Darkmoon's) to stop the arguing.

To everyone else too, knock it off.

As for the Saw films... bleh. I really don't know where it could go after Saw III. Every character we knew there pretty much had their story wrapped up. The only open-ended bit was the video tape but that was enough for me to put a lid on the series and say "Hey, that guy learnt his lesson". Anything after that, I think is just a cash cow and I really don't enjoy the level of depravity in the later films. (Being a female with long hair, seeing a woman get her hair/scalp torn from her head made me feel ill) and I just don't see the enjoyment factor in them. I know some people do, 'cause the guy I sit next to at work loves them, but I just find it sick. Same for the Hostel films, they just make me feel unable to eat for a few hours after watching them.

I watched Valkyrie a couple of days ago. It was a really great film and it shows you an insight into what they actually did in Nazi Germany and how brave they were. Really enjoyed it.
              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 10-26-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Fantastic Mr. Fox
                Up
                Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
                The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus

which 1 should I see next.
                Doctor Paranssus. Terry Gilliam is a genius.
                Last edited by aris13; 10-26-2009, 04:24 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  Issued you an infraction for this post, simply because you directly insulted another forum member and ignored another moderator's instructions (Darkmoon's) to stop the arguing.
                  That seems a little..."off" Emm? No one else here has done anything out of line at all?

Comment

• You got a warning for it. CR29 ignored it and continued the argument, so...

Comment

• Fuck's sake. I quoted the wrong part haha

"To everyone else too, knock it off."

That was what i meant to quote haha

Comment

• Yeah, your post baited him but he got the infraction because DM intervened and warned everyone involved to quit it, but he carried on, so. And I posted the second bit incase anyone decided to ignore DM's initial warning again.
                        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 10-26-2009, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Watched Paranormal Activity last night. While I agree it wasn't what it was hyped up to be, it still was a decent "documentary" type movie. It wasn't over the top or less than zero but it was ok.

Comment

• Up
                            Watched this last week. Put it on because my son got excited when he saw the adverts, but i was quite surprised to find probably the best animated movie i've ever seen. Hilarious in parts, utterly heart wrenching in others. Just a brilliant film.

The Goods
                            Surpassed Role Models and I Love You, Man as my comedy of the year. I'm a big Will Ferrell and Adam McKay fan, ever since Anchorman (my favourite film of all time). The Goods starring (God-like genius) Jeremy Piven basically takes the Anchorman template and recycles it to great effect. Utterly hilarious, with a great supporting cast.

Comment

• This Is It.

A must see for every MJ fan.

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                              The Goods starring (God-like genius) Jeremy Piven.
                              I'm guessing that you're an Entourage fan.....I am right?
                              sigpic

Comment

Just finished SAW VI not too long ago. Despite having thought the spoilers for it sounded retarded, I actually kind of liked it. I'm interested to see where they go with VII.
                                god how many damn Saw films are they going to make! the series is getting a bit stale to be honest! il probably see saw VI out of curiosity of where they are going to take the story now that the new police man has taken over

Comment

Working...
                                X