Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Indeed, Mr. Corson. Indeed.

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
    Wow dude you're one lucky guy to have a girlfriend that actually accepts your interest in Resident Evil, let alone bakes you a cake with the Umbrella logo right on top. I'm sure any girl that I date, has she found out that I like Resident Evil, would call me a huge dork.
    /rant initiated...

You know, this is one of those things that pisses me about today's society. A LOT.

Women still seemed to get scared off by even remote interests in things like Resident Evil. I understand I'm generalizing a bit, but let's face it. Women who wouldn't call you a dork or not want to go out with you for liking something like Resident Evil are certainly not as common as the opposite.

When will these interests be fully accepted? How much longer will it take? Seems to me that people gobbled up sports from the start. After all, you're outside, and throwing large, irregularly shaped, brown oblong balls is perfectly normal in contrast to a guy who just wants to sit inside and blast away some zombies for a little while, right?

Goodness....I'm going to get some water.
    Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 10-12-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
      ^Indeed, Mr. Corson. Indeed.

/rant initiated...

You know, this is one of those things that pisses me about today's society. A LOT.

Women still seemed to get scared off by even remote interests in things like Resident Evil. I understand I'm generalizing a bit, but let's face it. Women who wouldn't call you a dork or not want to go out with you for liking something like Resident Evil are certainly not as common as the opposite.

When will these interests be fully accepted? How much longer will it take? Seems to me that people gobbled up sports from the start. After all, you're outside, and throwing large, irregularly shaped, brown oblong balls is perfectly normal in contrast to a guy who just wants to sit inside and blast away some zombies for a little while, right?

Goodness....I'm going to get some water.
      I just wanted to QFT. Sure, it's good to have a little outside time every once in a while, but having somebody accept you for your video gaming is great. To be honest, I find it rather... abnormal that most girls in my area are generally against a gaming guy. Meh. At least my gal friends are gamers.

Don't blame me for my non-sensical thoughts. I'm tired. But WeskerIncarnate, you make a very good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
        I just wanted to QFT. Sure, it's good to have a little outside time every once in a while, but having somebody accept you for your video gaming is great. To be honest, I find it rather... abnormal that most girls in my area are generally against a gaming guy. Meh. At least my gal friends are gamers.

Don't blame me for my non-sensical thoughts. I'm tired. But WeskerIncarnate, you make a very good point.
        Thank you.

And that is what I'm getting at. A little outside time is great and all, but some of us would rather spend a little more time playing a video game then go out and thrown brown oblong balls at each other.

This is what society is STILL, after all these years, trying to fully accept. And even now it struggles.

And I can see you're tired. Hope you have good night sleep.

In the meantime, I'm happy because...wait. More homework? Never mind...

Comment

• The last girlfriend I had was an even BIGGER nerdy-geek-dork than I am... and she was very pretty! Super-awesome chicks DO exist... you just have to be patient (or lucky, like I was)!

Anyway, I'm happy because I'm headed off to Florida on Thursday to visit a friend. Everyone that will be there is the nerdy artist type, and we all have the same fucked-up sensibilities. Hopefully, the visit will also breed some creativity! After that... Sid & Susie time, baby! It's going to be a small, acoustic set/Q & A. Exciting days for Ol' Danno!

Comment

• I'm happy because I found that not only did I get an A on my second major Comp paper, but the teacher wants it published in some sort of Writer's book as an example of good work.

Also, I've worked out that my GPA is going to be in the 3.4 range for the end of mid-term. Stupid Business Calculus cost me getting better, but whatever.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Just finished working security at J-Culture Con in Derby. It was awesome, but painful. It was especially seeing some live Japanese bands...F Size Free were playing there first ever gig outside Japan for us, and Dissident Genro apparently liked us enough from to come this year...and wants to come back next year.

Now I just need to work out how to make my joints work again.

Comment

• Battlestar Galactica: The plan, was gooooood.

Comment

• Diego Armando Maradona The King!! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Diego Armando Maradona The King!! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHl9l2KgmWk
                    hahaha, this... is... too... much!! hahahahahaha, Maradona is an ass hole , he thinks he is a god, when he was just a good futbol player, and now he thinks he can be the best futbol couch??? him being a great futbol player doesn't meen he'll be a good couch too, you need experience for that, I'm sorry Michael. I don't want to ofend you, but that's what I think

Comment

• Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
                      hahaha, this... is... too... much!! hahahahahaha, Maradona is an ass hole , he thinks he is a god, when he was just a good futbol player, and now he thinks he can be the best futbol couch??? him being a great futbol player doesn't meen he'll be a good couch too, you need experience for that, I'm sorry Michael. I don't want to ofend you, but that's what I think
                      Don't worry man, I think the same that you when I said "Maradona the king" it was ironic, should be an embarrassment for the argentines, the whole show he has done. I'm happy because I have been amused all this as everyone

Comment

• New TV : Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma

Happy

Comment

• Are you watching Mythbusters? Nice.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Discovery HD, was a commercial. Time Warp was actually on

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
                              New TV : Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma
                              Spoiler:

Happy
                              Jamie Hyneman FTW! Gotta love Mythbusters. I need a TV like that

Anyway, I'm happy cuz I got my hands on a PS One First Edition of Resident Evil. The downside is that I don't have a PS1/2/3 to play it. I guess emulation is the way to go until I get a PS2 (perfect excuse to get all the RE games on that platform hehe).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Won an iPod in a school auction. 28 dollars spent.

Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 10-22-2009, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X