No announcement yet.

I'm Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm happy because I got myself an Adobe Premiere Elements 8 today. I'm testing it out right now.

Comment

• Scott Pilgrim made me feel alive.

Comment

• BBboy20 knows what's up. That movie is amazing! I saw it again yesterday and liked it even more than the first time. It is because of "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" that I have had such a fantastic weekend and am posting in this thread! It's the little things in like that bring the biggest smiles... or some other cliche shit like that.

Comment

• My 2 mile walks are going great, I already feel good and the Roast of David Hasselhoff is on tonight and I can't fucking wait!

Comment

• Happy..cause of a new anime I discovered! HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD!!!!!!
            "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

• You should read the manga. It has everything. Some nice horror elements, some of the people acting in worryingly realistic ways, some overly large weaponry...and for those who enjoy such things, the main female leads taking a bath and wearing next to nothing afterwards, even when they arm up and go rescue the main male lead. In one case this means a thong and apron, with a katana.

And yet the fan service hasn't put me off yet. One of the main characters is having a major mental breakdown, another is enjoying killing zombies far too much. It's actually been really good and the semi-random.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                In one case this means a thong and apron, with a katana.
                That's it! No more forum browsing for me for the next few hours. I just read that as "thongs and tampon" and found myself victim of mental images that I didn't ask for.
                Last edited by Carnivol; 08-16-2010, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• ...then why did Dot give all the staff that subscription to redragfuntime.com?

Comment

• I agree with DM, I personally prefer the manga considering it's been around for quite a while (regardless of the factor that it does have hiatus periods). Though, I have to say I was glad that they decided to have Shaun in a little cameo in it (as well as another few tidbits in the background).

The fan-service usually bugs me in manga, but High School of the Dead does make up for it considering the zombies and quality of the art is much better than some zombie ones I've read.

[Edit] Carn, what the hell?! I think you need a break if you're reading things like that...
                    Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-16-2010, 06:23 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Non-blurry Signature Version
                    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I hate the so called fanservice in recent anime and manga. Sure, the concept of bouncy breasts, panty shots, etc., is nothing new, but it seriously does nothing to contribute to the narrative in most stuff that's made after the 90s (Heck, it rarely even manages to create a scene worth laughing at. It's only painfully awkward. Especially when you're in a room with someone else and they're the type of creep who gets overly excited over its existence - even worse if they open their mouth and comment on it.)

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      ...then why did Dot give all the staff that subscription to redragfuntime.com?
                      'Cause "someone" thought that was a Resident Evil site.

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                      [Edit] Carn, what the hell?! I think you need a break if you're reading things like that...
                      Do keep in mind that you might be partly to blame for this. After all, it's you Australians who persistently use the therm "thong" for some sort of slipper-ish footwear!

Comment

• XD Well, France and Canada also call them thongs as well! The more decorative ones are referred to as sandals though.

I do agree, it is irritating though the High School of the Dead ones seem to really only last a page or two considering a lot of manga and/or anime that I've seen floating around practically consist solely of the ridiculous fan-service.

Though, with that I have to admit I do find it hilarious when a mangaka tricks the readers and/or views - such as with one of my favorite new ones (new being that she's been published in Monthly GFantasy since 2006 so still relatively new to the scene - Yana Toboso) deciding to trick everyone repeatedly with Kuroshitsuji for those who automatically pair and/or jump to conclusions over character relationships and whether or not a character will be returning.

Watching the series being live-streamed from Japan, I've never seen so many upset viewers over those sorts of tricks! They're all in a nice presentation considering some of the outright crappy, perverted ones (of course, any characters with a skimpy outfit or anything that could be considered perverted is all part of the plot and isn't there for fan-service, when the fan-service happens... well "The cake is a lie" would be the best way to put it).

Of course, that's probably because Enix/Square-Enix's magazines usually have decent and interesting manga in them for the most part...

Ah! On the topic of Kuroshitsuji, I'm really quite happy as they're releasing some separate Character Song CDs! I can't wait to hear them. Especially the new one by Daisuke Ono (Sebastian) and Jun Fukuyama (Grell).
                        Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-16-2010, 08:33 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD=Boobies,zombies,action, and gore.
                          The only thing I don't like about it is that when some chick makes a noise that sounds sexual, the person in the other room is like uh...what the fuck?

Comment

• Originally posted by presidentevil View Post
                            Boobies
                            Weren't you like afraid of boobs at one point?

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                              Weren't you like afraid of boobs at one point?
                              HELL NO I LOVE BOOBIES....BOOBIES FTW!!!!!!! ...rofl

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                                I hate the so called fanservice in recent anime and manga. Sure, the concept of bouncy breasts, panty shots, etc., is nothing new, but it seriously does nothing to contribute to the narrative in most stuff that's made after the 90s (Heck, it rarely even manages to create a scene worth laughing at. It's only painfully awkward. Especially when you're in a room with someone else and they're the type of creep who gets overly excited over its existence - even worse if they open their mouth and comment on it.)
                                Don't be fooled by the tits, High School of the DEAD has some serious depth

Editouble post my bad but this is an entirely different thing tho lol
                                Last edited by Ghostface; 08-16-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X