Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread will most likely get locked too, considering this.

Comment

"Trent was also in Bowies "Im Afraid of Americans" music video."

I knew he helped hm write the album, but I didn't know he was in the music video, too. Damn, David Bowie knows everybody.
      ___
      "This thread will most likely get locked too, considering this."

But we're having discussions, too. Oh, well. I suppose Dot knows best. If he locks it, he locks it.

Comment

And everyTHING. :|

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
          Sunlight - Matthew Sweet

A wonderfully fantastic song from a very underrated artist.
          What would be a good start off album? There was a time when I was going to get either 100% Fun or Girlfriend but I think I got caught up in other stuff. I really like the tune "Sick of Myself," great 3-chord rock.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            What would be a good start off album? There was a time when I was going to get either 100% Fun or Girlfriend but I think I got caught up in other stuff. I really like the tune "Sick of Myself," great 3-chord rock.
            That's hard to say... Most people would say one of those two, and while they're great (and actually in print), I would say Altered Beast. It's darker than those two (that's actually how 100% Fun got it's name), but it's absolutely fantastic from start to finish. You can definitely tell the dude was struggling with some shit, and that always makes for a good record! My personal favorite is his latest, Sunshine Lies, but I don't know if it'd be a jumping off point. The songs are all strong, but they're different from his radio hits. There's a lot of Byrds/Tom Petty feeling in them, and though he always had those kinds of musical moods on his records, they're more prominent on Sunshine Lies.

Sorry for the sermon! Hope I could help!

P.S. Even though most of his albums aren't in print, almost all of them are on iTunes... all except his first, I believe.

Comment

im listening to episode 11 podcast.

its haliarious i love it, im half way through it

Comment

There's this Portland band called Rick Bain and the Genius Position that I really enjoy. Unfortunately they broke up after two albums. Listening to Altered Beast I'm reminded of them, this big pop sound. Though the point could be made that Matthew Sweet predates Rick Bain by over a decade. Nonetheless, I like it.

Comment

You got it already? Sweet! It really is a great album. Ugly Truth Rock is mucho badass!

Comment

Just got done listening to the latest podcast, and am now listening to Oomph!'s Labyrinth.

Comment

I'm listening to "Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?" by the late great Frank Zappa.

Comment

I have to admit, I'm not a very big Neil Young fan. He has a few good songs, though.

Comment

That's how I feel about Neil Young. I don't really enjoy any of his bands/solo stuff except for a song here and there. Actually Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young is pretty consistent.

Comment

Led Zeppelin is God, and you all know it

Comment

I've always adored Neil Young...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                                I've always adored Neil Young...
                                i like neil young, good guitar and volcals, my fav song is cinnimon girl

Comment

Working...
                                X