No announcement yet.

worst movie ever seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboCop will not work as a reboot. Thing is, RoboCop itself only works in the context of the decade it was released since the entire film was a social commentary on the 1980s - corporate greed, excesses, ultra capitalism, etc. It's what made the whole film work, it's why we've got the likes of OCP, consumerism, a divide between rich and poor, Ronny Cox, etc. RoboCop itself was just as much satire as it was science fiction, and I fear that a newer version will be either a shallow action sci-fi film or some other form of satire to coincide with more recent events except that it'll be done in such a crass way that'll it won't achieve what it tries to do and instead itself becomes a subject of satire.

That's also why the sequels were sub-par, the original had a number of ongoing themes - a man becoming a machine but wanting to become a man again, the loss of humanity. The sequels degenerated the franchise into a mindless sci-fi action series about some robotic cop fellow. I was disgusted with Lewis' death in the third film, namely because the whole scene felt forced and had unnecessary religious connotations that simply didn't work BECAUSE it felt forced.

I see another relapse here.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-21-2009, 10:45 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• The Pallbearer.

Only movie I've ever walked out of.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler, Requiem For A Dream) will direct the Robocop remake and he said that the movie will be rated R!!!!
        Ah yes, that's the one lol. It may not work as Spencer said, but it will be intersting to see that type of brilliant directing paired with an 80's/early 90's Icon. I've heard many people saying that they should change Robocop's look...but if you do that than you're pretty much losing Robocop all together lol. I can't wait to see his cool gun that comes out of his leg again I think it will also give the movie an edge because people hate cops more than ever these days.
        Last edited by REmaster; 04-22-2009, 12:09 AM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• if i have listed it before my bad.

nepolian dynamite. that movie is absolutly the DUMBEST pos ive seen in a really really long time.
          how did this movie become a success? theres really no story to it. the acting sucks. theres no funny parts to it.

god i hate that damn movie

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            if i have listed it before my bad.

nepolian dynamite. that movie is absolutly the DUMBEST pos ive seen in a really really long time.
            how did this movie become a success? theres really no story to it. the acting sucks. theres no funny parts to it.

god i hate that damn movie
            Yea, it's a very unusual movie indeed. It tries to be funny by being so extremely lame lol. I tried to watch Nacho Libre (made by the same guy) and it was also pretty crappy.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• I liked Napolean Dynamite...Of course, I also liked The Bench Warmers.

Comment

• bench warmers wasnt THAT bad but it still kinda sucked.
                Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-24-2009, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weskers Flag View Post
                  Tremors movies were awesome, all of them.
                  HELL YEAH IT WAS AWESOME!! I loved them all!! They almost made a game out of it but it got cancelled. Whaaa.

Oh and I just seen Hitcher: the remake. It was good and Sean Bean played good in it.

Comment

• ^ I didn't know Hitcher was a remake?

Comment

• ^ There is a remake I saw in Pay-per-view. Sean Bean is in it now. Great movie.

Comment

• I loved Sean Bean in Silent Hill
                        I think pretty much all of the Epic movie/Disaster Movies are pretty horrible with an exception of a few Scary movie parts. I watched Meet the Spartans and I had to struggle all the way through. damn...their bad lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                          I loved Sean Bean in Silent Hill
                          I think pretty much all of the Epic movie/Disaster Movies are pretty horrible with an exception of a few Scary movie parts. I watched Meet the Spartans and I had to struggle all the way through. damn...their bad lol.
                          yha they were funny back when they made Scary Movie 1-3 but now with all there other movies like The Date Movie, Meet The Spartans, Disaster Movie ect ect. they became not funny
                          actually they're not even remotly funny anymore on the scale of being funny 10 beingthe best there -1.

Comment

Working...
                          X