No announcement yet.

Most Overrated Films and Games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godfather isnt meant for a young audience. Dont take it as an insult, but unless you reach 20+ in your age, you should stay away from it. I first saw it when I was around 13 or so. Thought it was boring, and later told to myself that I would watch it when I felt I was ready. At 23 I finally did, and I got the full experience of the whole trilogy. The first one is not the best movie of all times, but its close. I personally rank "Shawshank Redemption" as the #1.

On topic.

Most overrated videogame? Definitely HALO. I laughed my ass off when we installed it on our PC and gave it a whirl. We played it just after we played Half Life 1 so the contrast was epic.

Red Alert series are also getting more credit than they deserve, all things considered.

Then theres WOW... Sweet lord...

-

Most overrated movies? Considering I really like movies, I dont really know of an overrated pic. This years phenomenon, "Twilight" would definitely qualify, though. Holy shit how it swept the worlds teen population, and its not even a good movie...

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post

Everybody knows that Godfather 2 is one of the greatest sequels EVER!!!!

The most overated movie at this point for me is the dark knight.

yes Godfather 2 is nothing short but greatness.

and i also agree with the Dark Knight it didnt catch my attention at all.

btw the people who watched twilight thought they were in a torcher room? HA! i was working at Hot Topic when that came out to DVD and for fuck sake every where i looked i seen Twilight this Twilight that!
      Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-30-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        Soon you will be sleeping with the fishes ......

Everybody knows that Godfather 2 is one of the greatest sequels EVER!!!
        I don't you you Godfather fans. What is so good about it?

Originally posted by DXP View Post
        thought of another one harry potter i read the first book and couldn't get into it no matter how hard it tried and its supposed too be better than lord of the rings? hell no but yeah >.<, and as for the films...i've watched half of one and thought it was utter crap... Lord of the rings ftw imo.
        I liked The Harry Potter books, but the movies are definitely overrated. The first book is just an introduction though really, it picks up at the second one.

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
        Godfather isnt meant for a young audience. Dont take it as an insult, but unless you reach 20+ in your age, you should stay away from it. I first saw it when I was around 13 or so. Thought it was boring, and later told to myself that I would watch it when I felt I was ready. At 23 I finally did, and I got the full experience of the whole trilogy. The first one is not the best movie of all times, but its close. I personally rank "Shawshank Redemption" as the #1.
        Well i saw it ages ago when i was 14 so that is probably why. I might give it another chance in a few years if it's on TV. But it just didn't appeal to me at all when i watched it.

Comment

HA! dont watch it on TV its gonna be edited out so damn bad.

Godfather is great its everything manly and more put in film.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            HA! dont watch it on TV its gonna be edited out so damn bad.

Godfather is great its everything manly and more put in film.
            Like what is edited? Cause i saw it on TV first time i watched it too.

Comment

thats why you dont like it everything on TV is edited pretty much.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Halo.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Movie: Not too sure...Aliens? I loved the first one much more even though most say the sequel is better.

Game: Metal Gear Solid, and this is coming from someone who actually likes the series.

Comment

Final Fantasy VII.

/thread

Comment

Star Wars.

Comment

Movie:

Titanic
                          WTF. Seriously, why the hell would anyone pay to see that trash? It certainly doesn't deserve its spot on the highest-grossing films list nor any of those POS "Top 100 All-Time Films" lists.

Games:

Halo
                          What's so special about your basic, standard FPS?

MetalGearSolid
                          When do I actually get to play the "game" part?

Final Fantasy
                          I sure wish the series was true to its name...

World of Warcraft
                          Get. A. Life. Or at least: Play. Something. That. Doesn't. Make. You. Look. Like. A. Complete. Dork.
                          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                            Slighty true...except I watched the Godfather when I was fairly young and I enjoyed it. It was something I'd always watch with my mom and dad at Christmas time (along with Doctor Zhivago). I liked the movies even if, at the time, I didn't necessarily understand the situations the characters were in. And yes.... Shawshank is right up there on the list of best movies of all times.

And to answer you MissV, one of the reasons why it is so great is because of the character development and how Michael originally didn't want anything to do with his family, but after his father is nearly killed, he goes from being the good boy soldier to a killer. It was also one of the best translations from a book to movie. Mario Puzo's books are all very well written.

As for overrated games...Halo, Final Fantasy VII, and GTA:San Andreas.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                              Star Wars.

Which one?

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                              And to answer you MissV, one of the reasons why it is so great is because of the character development and how Michael originally didn't want anything to do with his family, but after his father is nearly killed, he goes from being the good boy soldier to a killer. It was also one of the best translations from a book to movie. Mario Puzo's books are all very well written.
                              Ah ok, I will watch it again on DVD then and give it a second chance. But it's just the story didn't really interest me much, neither did any of the characters when i first saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                                Movie:

Titanic
                                WTF. Seriously, why the hell would anyone pay to see that trash? It certainly doesn't deserve its spot on the highest-grossing films list nor any of those POS "Top 100 All-Time Films" lists.

Games:

Halo
                                What's so special about your basic, standard FPS?

MetalGearSolid
                                When do I actually get to play the "game" part?

Final Fantasy
                                I sure wish the series was true to its name...

World of Warcraft
                                Get. A. Life. Or at least: Play. Something. That. Doesn't. Make. You. Look. Like. A. Complete. Dork.
                                moar leik genericmemories, amirite?

Comment

Working...
                                X