Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    MGS4 Raiden is way better.
    Personally I think that Raiden had more emotion and character in 2 like Leon in RE 2.
    sigpic

Comment

i gotta disagree. in MGS4 you can tell there is pain behind his voice. like he lost someone who is near and dear to him (Rose and his miscarriage son but we all no is alive now) he had that tone that he was depressed and had nothing else to live for. but in MGS2 he just had that real bitchy attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        Personally I think that Raiden had more emotion and character in 2 like Leon in RE 2.
        I agree, Raiden and Leon are almost the same person.

Both effeminate males, who are in the 2nd and 4th games of there series. Who are only rookies in the 2nd game, yet become super ultra ass kicking badass's in the 4th game.

i gotta disagree. in MGS4 you can tell there is pain behind his voice. like he lost someone who is near and dear to him (Rose and his miscarriage son but we all no is alive now) he had that tone that he was depressed and had nothing else to live for. but in MGS2 he just had that real bitchy attitude.
        Yeah that is just another of MGS4's many references to previous games. He was a bad Grey Fox clone. I preferred him in MGS2 since he was original there. Everyone in MGS4 was depressing, I didn't like that.

Comment

Little Gray wasnt depressing Nor was Johnny or Meryl. MGS4 has a few knicks here and there but over all a great game.

Comment

Little Gray wasnt depressing Nor was Johnny or Meryl. MGS4 has a few knicks here and there but over all a great game.
            Yeah i meant most of the characters were depressing, or were darker or sadder than there previous incarnations. Especially Snake.

Comment

well yha you would be too if your aging really fast and all the crap he has been through

Comment

well yha you would be too if your aging really fast and all the crap he has been through
                You know Kojima could have just not made him age at all. There was nothing in any of the other games to suggest that happening.

Comment

well Kojima could have also added Random Hajile in MGS4 as well.

Kojima did what he wanted to with MGS4 and thats fine with me cause i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                    You know Kojima could have just not made him age at all. There was nothing in any of the other games to suggest that happening.
                    ...other than the fact that he was a clone, you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      ...other than the fact that he was a clone, you mean?
                      It could of happened later in life. Like after MGS4. I really didn't want to be playing as an old man. It just ruined Snake for me. Plus the over amount of smoking turned me off him too. I hate smokers, he wasn't bad in the previous games but he crossed the line in MGS4 with it.
                      Last edited by missvalentine; 07-03-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinclair View Post
                        Some people enjoy anal sex with dolphins while snorting peanut butter. To each his own, as odd as it may be, and I'll respect you for your strange differences. As a major fan of the game, you might want to abbreviate it right though. TTS, not TSS, lol.
                        Theres nothing out of the ordinary in liking TTS*. The Matrix-esque scenes can easily be ignored. If you guys are looking for realism, youre on the wrong forum.

As for TSS. Its a subconscious mistake. Theres an expansion pack called "The Stetchkov Syndicate" for a certain game. Ive used TSS for The Twin Snakes for years now.

Anyway. I guess ignoring a few vids beats obsessing over how unrealistic an already oh-so-fucking-out-there game is. Kind of close to snorting peanut butter while butthumping a singing fish, dont you think?

-

Nemesiswontdie. You DO understand that your idea that MGS made Splinter Cell possible, is idiotic, dont you? You should check the background for that game.

As for the OST. Wrong? Youre the only one who shouted out, and the two tracks you listed arent even being played during the game itsself. Ive got all the boss battle and spike tracks off TSS on my player, each racking up a playthrough count reaching in triple digits. Its a fact, TSS tracks are more modern and dont sound like they have been ripped from an 8 bit cassette.

Comment

The hate for TTS makes me sick. For shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                            Theres nothing out of the ordinary in liking TTS*. The Matrix-esque scenes can easily be ignored. If you guys are looking for realism, youre on the wrong forum.

As for TSS. Its a subconscious mistake. Theres an expansion pack called "The Stetchkov Syndicate" for a certain game. Ive used TSS for The Twin Snakes for years now.

Anyway. I guess ignoring a few vids beats obsessing over how unrealistic an already oh-so-fucking-out-there game is. Kind of close to snorting peanut butter while butthumping a singing fish, dont you think?

-

Nemesiswontdie. You DO understand that your idea that MGS made Splinter Cell possible, is idiotic, dont you? You should check the background for that game.

As for the OST. Wrong? Youre the only one who shouted out, and the two tracks you listed arent even being played during the game itsself. Ive got all the boss battle and spike tracks off TSS on my player, each racking up a playthrough count reaching in triple digits. Its a fact, TSS tracks are more modern and dont sound like they have been ripped from an 8 bit cassette.
                            dude are you kidding me? this is proof that you have not played the original.The Best Is Yet To Come is played during a part when you meet Meryl in the womens bathroom and Enclosure is played during Sniperwolfs death. If you actualy listened to the CD i have which is the OST not a crappy quality download like you probably did. Hell TTS wasnt even directed by Kojima another reason why it sucks.TTS soundtrack is terrible its sounds like industrial crap (im a fan of industrial but the TTS sounds like shit) did Harry Gregson Williams work on TTS? if he did he should be ashamed

as for splinter cell its stealth the metal gear series made stealth for games.

Comment

dude are you kidding me? this is proof that you have not played the original.
                              Or perhaps your peabrain forgot another option? Namely the time between this joke of a debate and when the game was played? First time I played the game was in 2000, and I did my second playthrough in 2004.

The Best Is Yet To Come is played during a part when you meet Meryl in the womens bathroom and Enclosure is played during Sniperwolfs death.
                              My mistake.

If you actualy listened to the CD i have which is the OST not a crappy quality download like you probably did.
                              CD? What is the difference? I can easily enjoy music in 56Kbit/s format, aslong as its listenable. The very few barely good tracks (The Best is yet to come is the only one) and youre already throwing a tantrum over how industrial music sucks? Industrial music in an action game in industrial atmosphere? You have got to be kidding me, right?

Hell TTS wasnt even directed by Kojima another reason why it sucks.
                              Aliens wasnt directed by Ridley Scott. That sucks too, amirite? This is one of the worst arguments you could have thrown in.

TTS soundtrack is terrible its sounds like industrial crap (im a fan of industrial but the TTS sounds like shit) did Harry Gregson Williams work on TTS? if he did he should be ashamed
                              Metal Gear Solid setting - high tech industrial environment in a present or near-future setting. Yeah, industrial soundtrack doesnt fit it at all.

Its a vast improvement over the simplistic track the original game had. And if you would put some strain on that smooth brain of yours, youd see that two of your favourite tracks dont make the whole soundtrack brilliant.

as for splinter cell its stealth the metal gear series made stealth for games.
                              Metal Gear didnt make stealth for games. Metal Gear SOLID made stealth for games accessible, easy and enjoyable. Something that would both work, be dynamic and be fun.

As for Splinter Cell. You need to remember where the name, franchise and game came from. Its Tom Clancy, hes been doing modern mil-thrillers for years. His first Rainbow Six game came out in 1998. Same year as MGS, and guess what? It had stealth in it. It wasnt provided in fancy HUD interface, or a deliberate option, but the whole game relied on dynamic and stealthy room entires and maneuvering. So how about you broaden up your horizon a little.

Your disrespect towards Splinter Cell franchise is even more stupid. Metal Gear is mostly about action, with an option to use stealth. You can shoot through the entire games if you wanted to. Splinter Cell was one of the first true 100% stealth games where you had to work your ass off to not to get detected and actually put up some challenge.

This argument just went from stupid to retarded.

Comment

did i say that the music doesnt fit? NO i said it sucks.

and as for your aliens comment idk i dont watch aliens im not a fan of it.

as for the original OST if you would listen to it im pretty sure there are tracks you would like but i have listend to the OST for TTS and i dont like it.

as for you calling me dumb but not saying it? wow your pretty smart now arnt you? nice way of 'working around the system' there pal.

oh btw MG and MG2 had stealth in it too you would know that if you played it.

Splinter Cell ok thats cool i could give a shit less.

your opinion is as fucking dumb as TTS (not TSS) itself.

have a nice day.
                                Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 07-04-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X