Most Overrated Films and Games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
    but the multiplayer segments (Treyarchs games excluded) are incredible.
    What a crock of shite

COD:WAW's multiplayer was immense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
      What a crock of shite

WAW's multiplayer was not as balanced of COD4's. Besides it's levels were to big and the addition of tanks was not good I think.

Nazi Zombies however is sheer perfection.

Anyways I like Single player more.

Comment

• Borat and Bruno.

Load of shit.

Comment

• Yeah COD's single player is incredible, has really come on with the last two games.

Also, the balance never really bothered me, particularly never found tanks to be any more unfair than the air strikes really.

Zombie mode was brilliant. I need to pick the game up again for the three map packs.

I do wonder (well, hope) that Treyarch continue to support the game after MW2's release. Activision know MW2 will still sell fucking loads so it won't be that bad a move.

That, or bring zombie mode to XBLA!

Comment

What a crock of shite

It is?

Im sure those 3000 people wholeheartedly agree with you. Im also pretty sure that the nonexistant WAW competitive scene agrees with you. Then theres of course the people who consider WAW to be inferior to COD2, even though its built on COD4 which is an evolution over COD2, Im sure they would "agree" with you too.

Also, just as a sidenote. Before you say that 3000 online players is a pretty damn good number (it is), you should also know that it has fallen to that level from about 15K~17K and is guaranteed to fall below 1500 or even 1000 in November. Its not a popularity contest, the numbers dont reflect hype. The fall from 15K to 3K in such a short time indicates that the game is short legged and has significant flaws compared to COD4.

Yeah, Im sure you like it, ("... was a blast...") but it was a technical fuckup from Treyarchs part, a reskinned COD4 with tanks and dogs with extremely important features taken out, game being made even more accessible to casual gamers and is basically a cashcow on three legs.

Like I said. I wasnt going into opinions, but purely objective comparison. So how about you set sail on your failboat and bring me some facts as to why my post was "full of shite" and get me some counter-arguments that extend beyond "I had so much fun in that game, so you must be wrong"?

Comment

• I never said your post was full of shite?

As for your facts...who cares? So a lot of people are playing one more than the other, that doesn't mean anything sorry. The ammount of people taking part in something is never an indication of quality.

Comment

As for your facts...who cares? So a lot of people are playing one more than the other, that doesn't mean anything sorry. The ammount of people taking part in something is never an indication of quality.
                Predictable.

Like I said. The numbers do not reflect quality on their own. Its the significant drop over such a relatively short time, that does. As an example, COD4´s PC player numbers have dropped about 50% since it was first launched, which is a great number and speaks a lot about how long the game lives.

I wasnt talking about whether or not people like the game, or how much fun it is. I was talking about how COD games multiplayer is a technical masterpiece, only surpassed by Counter Strike (1.6), Starcraft and a few modifications for a couple of other games. Its balance in all aspects, how the maps and gameplay are specifically created to compliment each other.

COD:WAW is not really a bad game, but it is an exception to what I was talking about.

EDIT: I want to mention Zombie mod. Both Zombie mod and Hardcore actually come from the community modifications and the lack of proper community maps (read: DLC) and modifications (read: more PR power via Hardcore and Zombie mod) is a result of IW not releasing any mod tools with COD4.
                Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 07-26-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  It's a case of different strokles for different folks, really. Myself? I dislike FPS and Sport Games. The only FPS games I own are scary ones like BioShock and the closest to a sports game I own is Sonic and Mario at the Olympics. So I think you're all crazy. I don't see the point of kicking a little football around on a screen, but nor do I see the point of playing the Normandy landing in the 394th game based on World War II.
                  I see what you mean about WWII. Many, many games have already remade that.

But I find entertainment value in blowing away people with explosives, what can I say.

And BioShock isn't even pure FPS, it's more like a hybrid of RPG and FPS like the other Shock games (System Shock 1 and 2.).

You know what was an underrated game? System Shock 2. That game is amazing. A shame it didn't get much media hype at release. Half Life and others hogged the spotlight, though those were good games too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacktail View Post
                    Borat and Bruno.

Load of shit.
                    I agree.

I saw Borat and barely laughed at all. It was mostly tasteless. I didn't like it much.

Never seen Bruno and I don't plan on it either.

EDIT:

A game I love lot, but that I also think is terribly overrated is RE2. Great game, but very overrated by it's fans. There is nothing about it that makes it stand above any other RE game, so I don't get why people hold it above RE1 and RE3 all the time. I personally like RE1 and RE3 better.

Comment

• Another game I think is overrated is street fighter, I don't think its a bad game at all but the amount of youtube vids i've seen i mean something like 64 hit combo's O.O there is more too life than a game like that and all these tournements...its worse than guitar hero.

Comment

• Killzone 2 is horribly overrated, I kept hearing how it's like the greatest shooter ever, no it isn't. The game does little to seperate itself from other shooters gameplay wise, I could care less about the story, no offline multiplayer, cmon, that's suppossed to be a given for shooters.

Then there's the online, I don't care about stupid badges and such, I want more game modes, the variety is too thin and the only one that's fun is bodycount.

Although Halo is also overrated, it's better than KZ2, but Timesplitters is better than them all

Comment

• I think Killzone 2 is a pretty fun game but yes the online badges and medals get on my damn nerves.
                          as for the halo part i disagree, I've played Halo online and I didnt mind it to be honest but I think Killzone 2's online is alot more funner.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackMamba View Post
                            Killzone 2 is horribly overrated, I kept hearing how it's like the greatest shooter ever, no it isn't. The game does little to seperate itself from other shooters gameplay wise, I could care less about the story, no offline multiplayer, cmon, that's suppossed to be a given for shooters.

Then there's the online, I don't care about stupid badges and such, I want more game modes, the variety is too thin and the only one that's fun is bodycount.

Although Halo is also overrated, it's better than KZ2, but Timesplitters is better than them all
                            It got hyped up by the graphics whores saying, "OMG 360 GRAPHIX JUS GOT PWNED".

Little did everyone know there was almost nothing special about it. I played it before.

Boring. Moving around felt really sluggish. And the story could not have been cared less for.

The A.I. was decent, but again, nothing special in that area either.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
                              It got hyped up by the graphics whores saying, "OMG 360 GRAPHIX JUS GOT PWNED".

Little did everyone know there was almost nothing special about it. I played it before.

Boring. Moving around felt really sluggish. And the story could not have been cared less for.

The A.I. was decent, but again, nothing special in that area either.
                              Some of your points are valid, and I agree with others. However, some are simply not true.

Technically, Killzone 2 was hyped, and technically, it delivered everything. The game is a technical wonder, with one of the most solid engines on the market right now. The lighting and graphical engines are unsurpassed on any console, and you'd be purposely swimming against the current to say this is not its strongest point. No other console game shows this level of on-screen activity and meticulous detail. The same goes for the online, which runs smoothly from game to game, without hitches or stutters, while holding a graphical milestone in hand. The netcode is fantastically done, and technically, nothing beats Killzone 2 right now in the technical department.

The moving around was different, not bad. It was a more realistic approach than the arcade-influenced Resistance, and the fast paced Modern Warfare. Because it's different than those two, does not mean it's lacking in that department. It's a good choice in sluggish gameplay, because the physics engine gives everything weight and mass. They meant to get this effect, and they succeeded. I understand that it's not your cup of tea, and that this is, indeed, up to opinion of preference. However, the controls work and do exactly what they were meant to do, so it's not a flaw in design. Not to mention, you can now enable precision aim, which will make it feel like CoD just about.

The enemy A.I. has been universally praised as absolutely brilliant. Up the difficulty level a bit and you'll notice why. There is no game on the market right now where the enemies use more intelligence and planning than Killzone 2. Especially on Elite mode, where this just shines brilliantly. The damage a bullet does is not even your biggest problem there. It's the sheer intellect presented by your adversaries. This isn't an opinion, but a fact of coding - Killzone 2's enemy A.I. is rock solid, and brilliant.

The friendly A.I. is mediocre, I will agree with that, which also has been universally agreed on by just about everyone else. The enemy A.I., however, is a coding breakthrough.

The story sucks. Nothing has to be said about that. It had a good background and concept, but it was told like complete ass.

Killzone 2 was technically hyped, and is therefor NOT overrated or overhyped, because it delivered on that front - hands down. People just started expecting a revolutionary shooter, which it is, but only on a technical level; one that not many pay attention to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinclair View Post
                                Some of your points are valid, and I agree with others. However, some are simply not true.

Technically, Killzone 2 was hyped, and technically, it delivered everything. The game is a technical wonder, with one of the most solid engines on the market right now. The lighting and graphical engines are unsurpassed on any console, and you'd be purposely swimming against the current to say this is not its strongest point. No other console game shows this level of on-screen activity and meticulous detail. The same goes for the online, which runs smoothly from game to game, without hitches or stutters, while holding a graphical milestone in hand. The netcode is fantastically done, and technically, nothing beats Killzone 2 right now in the technical department.

The moving around was different, not bad. It was a more realistic approach than the arcade-influenced Resistance, and the fast paced Modern Warfare. Because it's different than those two, does not mean it's lacking in that department. It's a good choice in sluggish gameplay, because the physics engine gives everything weight and mass. They meant to get this effect, and they succeeded. I understand that it's not your cup of tea, and that this is, indeed, up to opinion of preference. However, the controls work and do exactly what they were meant to do, so it's not a flaw in design. Not to mention, you can now enable precision aim, which will make it feel like CoD just about.

The enemy A.I. has been universally praised as absolutely brilliant. Up the difficulty level a bit and you'll notice why. There is no game on the market right now where the enemies use more intelligence and planning than Killzone 2. Especially on Elite mode, where this just shines brilliantly. The damage a bullet does is not even your biggest problem there. It's the sheer intellect presented by your adversaries. This isn't an opinion, but a fact of coding - Killzone 2's enemy A.I. is rock solid, and brilliant.

The friendly A.I. is mediocre, I will agree with that, which also has been universally agreed on by just about everyone else. The enemy A.I., however, is a coding breakthrough.

The story sucks. Nothing has to be said about that. It had a good background and concept, but it was told like complete ass.

Killzone 2 was technically hyped, and is therefor NOT overrated or overhyped, because it delivered on that front - hands down. People just started expecting a revolutionary shooter, which it is, but only on a technical level; one that not many pay attention to.
                                if i want to play a game that does wonders graphically but adds nothing new, well a little new to it's type, I'd go and play RE5

Comment

Working...
                                X