Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports games are boring

That's why I don't play them.

Blow the crap out of people or pass a virtual football...

I take the first choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeskerIncarnate View Post
      Blow the crap out of people or pass a virtual football...
      And why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't one play real sport AND play virtual sport when playing in real isn't possible?
      I don't like sport games myself, but I have a friend that used to play rugby in high school and at the same time he also liked to play video games about rugby.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
        And why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't one play real sport AND play virtual sport when playing in real isn't possible?
        Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

I don't like sport games myself, but I have a friend that used to play rugby in high school and at the same time he also liked to play video games about rugby.
          Well that's good for you and your friend. But I just don't see the attraction of a sports game. Yeah I could play for a big team but it's just a cosmetic thing in game, it's not actual them. Hell you could mod it and play football with zombies if you wanted.

Still no appeal to me though.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
            Well that's good for you and your friend. But I just don't see the attraction of a sports game. Yeah I could play for a big team but it's just a cosmetic thing in game, it's not actual them. Hell you could mod it and play football with zombies if you wanted.

Still no appeal to me though.
            Do you watch sports? Are you an avid sports fan? Do you have posters of athletes on your bedroom wall?

Also, a lot of the appeal is playing sports games against friends. There's just something about the competition, the trash talk, betting money on it or just playing for bragging rights. You can't really do that with most other games. Sure, I can play Mario Kart or something against my friends, but it doesn't have the same appeal as beating their ass in NHL 09 or MLB 09.
            Last edited by Vector; 07-20-2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I'm not saying it doesn't. That's just my preference.

As missvalentine stated, I just don't find them appealing.

I'd rather kill some zombies and aliens or relive WWII. That's just me.

Comment

• It's a case of different strokles for different folks, really. Myself? I dislike FPS and Sport Games. The only FPS games I own are scary ones like BioShock and the closest to a sports game I own is Sonic and Mario at the Olympics. So I think you're all crazy. I don't see the point of kicking a little football around on a screen, but nor do I see the point of playing the Normandy landing in the 394th game based on World War II.

Comment

• The idea of seeing what it was like for my grandfather when he fought in WW2, appeals to me a lot. But that's just me, anyways I think you're right.

Maybe if I was into sports I would like Sports games, but I'm not, the most sports related thing I would do is play football every now and then.

Comment

• My cousin Ben plays for Bulldogs does that mean he can't play sports games?
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                      My cousin Ben plays for Bulldogs does that mean he can't play sports games?
                      No.

I never said that.

Comment

• most overrated games halo

most overrated movies well i actully think the watchmen was pretty crappy i heard so much good about it all that hype but it was really meh actully!

Comment

• Call Of Duty...Gears of War..Halo....any of the big shooters rly

Comment

• CoD is actually pretty good
                            Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                              CoD is actually pretty good
                              but overrated...not saying they are bad games...just not worth all the hype

Comment

• Originally posted by Dernez View Post
                                Call Of Duty...Gears of War..Halo....any of the big shooters rly
                                I have to disagree with that. COD single player parts are tremendously overrated, but the multiplayer segments (Treyarchs games excluded) are incredible. Whether you like them or not is not important, its a matter of taste, but they are extremely well balanced games, very polished and technically very well done. COD4 for example, with its huge number of features, is almost as balanced as Starcraft is and that is saying a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X