I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
    It's very interesting to see where all our Monarchs have been crowned since 1066, where Anne Boleyn used to live, where she was imprisoned, where Henry VIII used to hunt. Lots of history here. Will upload pics when I'm home.
    Actually, yes, that would be very interesting to see; those are exactly the kinds of things I would love to see if I ever did visit England/United Kingdom. And please do post pictures when you get the chance.

I'm not really angry or annoyed about anything...Though I guess I'm not much in the mood to be starting another work week, but then again, I challenge you to find me someone who does.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      Well, a lot of American history comes from the UK so you could always come and look at London. I've seen tons of Americans. We went on a tour bus yesterday and two sat behind us. It's always weird how you see so many American accents on tv but when you see one in person it's like Americans! We were chatting to them and they said "We're from Califoooorniaa". Gareth asked if they had anything like this in America and she said you get big buildings in NYC but nothing with the architecture or history. She said "you can still see where George Washington used to live, but that's the thing with America, we tear our history down". It's very interesting to see where all our Monarchs have been crowned since 1066, where Anne Boleyn used to live, where she was imprisoned, where Henry VIII used to hunt. Lots of history here. Will upload pics when I'm home.
      To be fair, American history only started in 1776, whereas English history started in 927 AD. What were you implying when you said "American history comes from the UK"? Other than the fact that we saved the UK several times in history (WW1, WW2, Cold War, etc.) and we also beat them at least twice (American Revolutionary War, War of 1812). And yes I am also poking a little fun at our earlier discussion on nationalism.
      Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-24-2011, 12:56 PM.
      Fission mailed.

Comment

• Bah. America has never defeated Britain, and never shall. You won Independence because France and Spain's naval forces stopped troops getting into the conflict, and the 1812 War because we had bigger fish to fry - Napoleon.

And American history comes from the British because most of you have at least some British ancestors. Sure, they were all criminals, but if the Australians can overcome that character defect...

My wife is giving a scary look now.

Comment

• ^ I believe she's referring to the fact that the Founding Fathers kinda were British descendants, if not British themselves.

Edit: DM beat me to it. XD Though I wouldn't call them criminals. Defectors, perhaps. Not to be confused with defective... >_>;
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 10-24-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Nationalism is a typically human trait; made-up and misconstrued.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              ^ I believe she's referring to the fact that the Founding Fathers kinda were British descendants, if not British themselves.

Edit: DM beat me to it. XD Though I wouldn't call them criminals. Defectors, perhaps. Not to be confused with defective... >_>;
              In a similar move to Australia, a lot of the 'colonists' sent to America were actually criminals convicted for various petty crimes. So I sleep well knowing I have the blood of only successful criminals running in my veins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                In a similar move to Australia, a lot of the 'colonists' sent to America were actually criminals convicted for various petty crimes. So I sleep well knowing I have the blood of only successful criminals running in my veins.
                If by criminals you mean pilgrims escaping persecution and prejudice by bigoted Englishmen, then sure.
                Fission mailed.

Comment

• No, he's right. Pilgrims weren't escaping persecution, they were being exiled more for their religious beliefs (and yes, some petty crimes too) as I understand it. Which turned into escaping persecution anyway.
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 10-24-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Them too, but I also mean actual convicts. Yes, I know it's wiki, but it's accurate in this case - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation - so you can take a peek there.

Comment

• Your U.S. air support has not arrived as promise, you stand alone Ununoctium.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Them too, but I also mean actual convicts. Yes, I know it's wiki, but it's accurate in this case - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation - so you can take a peek there.
                        Ah yes, I see you're right. However according to the Wikipedia article you linked to, most of the convicts were POWs from Ireland and Scotland, not hardened criminal scum.

Edit:
                        Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Your U.S. air support has not arrived as promise, you stand alone Ununoctium.
                        That's okay, because:
                        Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-24-2011, 03:44 PM.
                        Fission mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
                          Ah yes, I see you're right. However according to the Wikipedia article you linked to, most of the convicts were POWs from Ireland and Scotland, not hardened criminal scum.
                          Initially, sure, but if went on for over a hundred years. We weren't always fighting the Irish and the Scottish, I assure you...just most of the time. So a good chunk would be actual criminals.

Comment

• Well I'm angry and kind of complacent now.

I'm quitting animating in about 10 months or so from now, I cant do what I want or really make any money at it and am just making the choice to quit after I finish up about 2 dozen projects that I've promised I'd do.

Just at that point in life no matter what I do, nothing works out in my favor. Its really become 'From nothingness to nothingness'. I'm getting as many of these ideas out of my head that I've had for a few years now and am hoping that I may be able to move on a little more easily once they're out there for others to enjoy.

Its always a pisser when you realize that no matter what you do in life, you never gain any ground or really get anything for it no matter how hard you try and are forced to conform to the rules of the world around you, even if you try to think outside of the box. bleh...

Comment

• If you don't enjoy it then yeah you should give up.. You probably haven't find the right thing anyway if your not googling/learning/talking about it whenever you get an opportunity..

Comment

• I enjoy it, but its just not getting me anywhere. therein lies the big problem @.@

Comment

Working...
                                X