I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
    And is it just me or is there some sort of qualification that you must be extremely geeky, overweight, or just plain disgusting to work at a GameStop? I will admit not all the employees are hideous, but every time I go into one there is guaranteed to be some sort of geeky, fat dude behind the counter. *shudders*
    There are some cute girls who work at my local GameStop, so I'm not complaining.
    Fission mailed.

Comment

• I'm glad the shops over here aren't like that. The worst is probably only "Do you have a reward card with us?" and that's about it. If I say "No" they just let me buy the game and that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
        And is it just me or is there some sort of qualification that you must be extremely geeky, overweight, or just plain disgusting to work at a GameStop? I will admit not all the employees are hideous, but every time I go into one there is guaranteed to be some sort of geeky, fat dude behind the counter. *shudders*
        Eh, yeah. Two out of three of your terms are left unspecified as to their meaning, putting into question what your criteria are for them in the first place. Please, don't answer.

Maybe you should stay away from eugenicist and aristocratic characters for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
          Eh, yeah. Two out of three of your terms are left unspecified as to their meaning, putting into question what your criteria are for them in the first place. Please, don't answer.

Maybe you should stay away from eugenicist and aristocratic characters for a while.
          I realize you asked me not to answer, but I wish to clarify just in case my comment offended you. What I meant by my "employee criteria" is pretty much what is shown in the cartoon. The large, disgusting (by this I mean poor hygiene, has a smell about them), geeky person (being geeky isn't something that was meant to be offensive as I would classify myself as one) is what I typically see in GameStops in the rural areas near where I live. I realize I am stereotyping, but again, I have seen A LOT of this type of employee in the rural GameStops. The ones closer to cities usually have average to handsome/pretty people.

Again, I realize you didn't want me to clarify, but I didn't want to come across as offensive to you.

@Alexia_Ashford
          I'm actually quite shocked you get by so easily in the United Kingdom. I always get at least three questions. That's why I love Best Buy: "Do you have a RewardZone card? Yes? *scan* Your total is ___." Shopping really should be so tedious, but sadly that is the shift we are making (at least companies in the United States anyway).
          sigpic

Comment

• I can't wait to go to gamestop when I get to the USA just to see if it's really that bad (not that I don't believe it)
            sigpic

Comment

• Bar Games Workshop, yeah, most shops will let you just buy the shiny you want. I've had some in GameStation and Game try wandering up to me, asking if I need a hand, but a quick, 'Nah. just browsing' usually shifts them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                I'm glad the shops over here aren't like that. The worst is probably only "Do you have a reward card with us?" and that's about it. If I say "No" they just let me buy the game and that's it.
                Or if they ask you if you have a rewards card with them and after you say no their like "if you sign up for our rewards card now you'll get a discount on your purchase and it will actually save you money" and then they're like "are you sure?"

To be honest though, I used to love GameStop's 10% off discount card you could buy (it was like $50 a year, but I probably saved more than that back when I used to go there a lot).
                Fission mailed.

Comment

• There's an Evangelic church near my house and the priest is yelling on the fucking microphone like a goddamn lunatic, I'm trying to read and going to bed in some minutes and the fucker is screaming about who knows what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                    I'm glad the shops over here aren't like that. The worst is probably only "Do you have a reward card with us?" and that's about it. If I say "No" they just let me buy the game and that's it.
                    Hogwash! When I was in the UK this summer (Belfast), the two GameStops and two GAME stores I went to were EXACTLY like that. Only when I spoke to the assistant manager in the last GAME store I visited did I not get this insane treatment... their treatment of pre-owned games was pretty terrible too. Not only did they seal the shit so I couldn't inspect the discs before buying, but most of the stuff I grabbed looked like had been used as a skating rig for a hockey game or something... Pretty disappointing. Really. (Especially considering our own strict rules for pre-owned stuff at my store + the accompanying warranty we provide on pre-owned stuff ("Same as new" - required by law))

Though, when I think about it... when I went to London a few years ago, the two I visited there were more laid back and felt more like just walking into any other normal shop... maybe it's just Belfast that's gone the all-American way on that front? :/

So glad my store's not anything like that.
                    Last edited by Carnivol; 11-20-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Back in the day the best gaming stores were the smaller, more independent ones.. especially before pre-owned/trading took off. I remember going to New Age Consoles and checking out the awesome Japanese imports, that's where I got my Biohazard CV actually.. CEX wasn't half as bad as it is now and also had a decent supply of imports including PC. You would also get a much more decent conversation from the employees (I recall one guy drawing me a diagram on modding my DC before self-boot etc) and they were honest guys in it for the games.

I avoid GAME etc like the plague, they are just there to make money.. I did a "work shadow day" when I was 15 in a similar gaming store and hated it - stacking shelves and people there only had enough brains to play Tekken *yawn*.

Comment

• Im angry cuz i bought AC Revelations before the release date and im only getting it next week....i have nothing else to do until then, ive cleared all the other AC games like 10 times!¬¬
                        And to get it better, it may be 2 weeks late because its the signature edition.....

EDIT: The game was launched November 15...
                        Last edited by cyndercute; 11-21-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• I forgot the Hobbit book on college my friend lend me, now I'll have to wait till Monday to see if someone found it or I'll have to buy him a new one. And I didn't even finished reading it yet, fuck.

Comment

• Working Black Friday in retail...I just...Dear sweet God, what was that? I've never been so tired and worthlss feelig after something like that, I just came home and started crying. Dumbest thing to cry over I know but I can't explain it, like part of my spirit is broken. Seeing it up close, working on this day, it's so dumb I know but I feel down. Not just that, I'm just plain tired too. Tired, feel disgusting, and have to do it all over again...fuck, will the whole Christmas season be like this?
                            Last edited by Inferno04; 11-25-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Black Friday at the theater. Caught an old lady trying to steal cups, when confronted she threatened to spread her sickness all over us.

Aren't the holidays delightful?

Comment

• I'm glad I didn't have to work yesterday. >_>;

But the weekend following Black Friday always sucks.

Essentially have been in the rain all day because the staff supposed to get the trolleys and the like were too fucking lazy (plus, the customers are practically all herp derp about the polite thing to do would be to leave the trolleys under cover when it's pouring fucking down), came hours late and then did fuck-all work.

So I had to go outside, get soaked, came back in and had to serve customers whilst being soaking wet... then one customer shoved me whilst I was telling two Aboriginal girls to take the stuff they had shoved into their jackets out since multiple staff had seen it and it was on the cameras. (These are the ones that did the same crap last time).

They verbally abused, threatened me and tried to call the police claiming that I was racist and was trying to frame them and shit like that. They've done this to other staff before, and they got this huge friend of their's to come up and to threaten me, but LMFAO it's all just fucking tough talk. Not gonna do shit and if they were to actually do anything, they'd be charged with assault.

Shortly after that, a customer shoved me into a large metal display setup which also had solid wooden buckets that I ended up falling into, had fall on me and now I have a bit of swelling around my left wrist which I haven't been able to sort out with ice because everyone vanished off the fucking registers so I've had to sort out the front end, facing and all of that more or less by myself.

The other supervisor fucking vanished too. :/
                                Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-25-2011, 10:22 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X