I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
    RE was "ruined" with RE4. RE5 and any argument about the state of the series post RE4 is irrelevant and pointless.

Reviews arent pointless. You need to be able to collect the relevant information from them. They are pointless only if you disagree with them, but thats not what a review is for. A combination of gameplay videos, reviews and community feedback is the best method tp check whether the game is a good purchase or not.
    I agree with that. But can you honestly say that all 5 million people who bought RE5 did that? Not that many people take that much consideration when buying a game. They see a cool trailer, think Oh cool and go buy it. I mean this is why movie games get sales. If everyone was as smart as that the casual gamer market would be dead and the hardcore market thriving with sales.

Also Yes RE4 ruined the series. It ruined any future RE games. That is why I dislike it. But RE5 went back and ruined the previous games. it retconed a bunch of things, ruined characters from the past games and ultimately stuffed up the games canon.

Comment

• I agree about RE4. It's a fine game, not a good RE4 game but a fine game on it's own.
      RE4 ruined the series. It ruined any future RE games. That is why I dislike it.
      O...kay..

No, not everyone who bought it did that, but each of those 5 million people bought that game for one reason or another. You'll never be able to know why they bought it, as no one can. Point is, it sold well, and some like it, some don't. I really don't know where you're going with this argument, you're trying to say RE5 is a bad game because it sold well.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
        I agree with that. But can you honestly say that all 5 million people who bought RE5 did that? Not that many people take that much consideration when buying a game.
        They see the videos, and if they see what they like, they´ll get it. Most of those people got the game because they loved what RE4 offered them and for them, it was as surebet purchase as Modern Warfare 2 will be for MW1 players.

They see a cool trailer, think Oh cool and go buy it. I mean this is why movie games get sales. If everyone was as smart as that the casual gamer market would be dead and the hardcore market thriving with sales.
        You mean the kind of hardcore market like THIA? The term "hardcore" is a dying breed and no way in *hell* is it ever going to secure sales for a game released in the modern videogame industry, when the games arent created with love and a couple of dozen or hundred grand anymore. GTA4 took 100 million to develop and market, Ive heard RE5-s figures were in the 50-s. Take that into perspective, then look at the state of RE-s community in 2009. I was around in 2002~2003 and even thought it was almost its peak time, the "Hardcore" community would not have been able to make the cost even. Which is why you see traditional RE-s ditched completely.

Im leaving my opinion of CAPCOMs utter f*cking incompetence out of this, just to make my point.

Also Yes RE4 ruined the series. It ruined any future RE games.
        No. It ruined the series pre-RE4, but secured CAPCOM a reliable income for years to come. Its "you win some, you lose some" situation.

That is why I dislike it. But RE5 went back and ruined the previous games. it retconed a bunch of things, ruined characters from the past games and ultimately stuffed up the games canon.
        If you hoped RE5 to be the messiah for RE, then you deserve what you got. I think it was fairly obvious that one had to at least prepare themselves for some pretty bad moments.

Comment

• RE5 is very very good game, RE 5 sold 5 million copies and becoming the best selling title in the series. if the game was bad than people will don't buy it!!!!!! that's mather of fact
          Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
            O...kay..

No, not everyone who bought it did that, but each of those 5 million people bought that game for one reason or another. You'll never be able to know why they bought it, as no one can. Point is, it sold well, and some like it, some don't. I really don't know where you're going with this argument, you're trying to say RE5 is a bad game because it sold well.
            RE4, is fine game, but I don't like it because it ruined the series future. But again, on it's own, it's a good game. I hate it because it didn't have zombies or camera angles though.

I'm not saying RE5 is bad cause it sold well. I'm trying to say the fact it sold well doesn't make it good. Which is what Aris was trying to say.

I was just venting my rages about capcom and there RE5 scam.

Also a lot of those 5 million people returned there copy's. What does that say about the game?

But just imagine if capcom released a classic styled RE game now. And advertised it just as much as they had advertised RE5. And they gave it super awesome trailers with heaps of cool things and everyone got really hyped for it. I think it would sell about the same as RE5. Any game would sell that good with the advertising RE5 got. I am pissed that capcom would rather focus on advertising the game, than making the game itself. If they had not wasted money on stupid add campaigns maybe we would have gotten things different. Like they were in the RE5 beta.

Comment

• no classic RE games would not be sell good anymore......no that good as RE5 now
              Spoiler:

Comment

• for me zombies didnt make RE good it helped but didnt make it. It was what made the zombies and the plot behind it that made it good but thats just me.
                Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-01-2009, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                  They see the videos, and if they see what they like, they´ll get it. Most of those people got the game because they loved what RE4 offered them and for them, it was as surebet purchase as Modern Warfare 2 will be for MW1 players.
                  But the thing is, you can't judge a game by videos. Of caorse people will the the videos and see the shiny new graphics and want to buy it. You can only judge a game once you have already bought it, and played it to completion. Buying a game is a gamble. You will either get something good or get something bad.

I have played game that got great reviews and thought they were shit. And Ive played games that got horrible reviews and thought they were great.

It's just hype. People buy things out of hype sometimes. My best friend falls for hype all the time. He got most of his games out of hype. And he says most of them sucked.

You mean the kind of hardcore market like THIA? The term "hardcore" is a dying breed and no way in *hell* is it ever going to secure sales for a game released in the modern videogame industry, when the games arent created with love and a couple of dozen or hundred grand anymore. GTA4 took 100 million to develop and market, Ive heard RE5-s figures were in the 50-s. Take that into perspective, then look at the state of RE-s community in 2009. I was around in 2002~2003 and even thought it was almost its peak time, the "Hardcore" community would not have been able to make the cost even. Which is why you see traditional RE-s ditched completely.
                  Missed my point. Not what I meant.

If you hoped RE5 to be the messiah for RE, then you deserve what you got. I think it was fairly obvious that one had to at least prepare themselves for some pretty bad moments.
                  I never thought RE5 was going to be a messiah. I only got it cause I wanted to see if Jill died or not. And to see if the zombie and licker rumor was true. I never expected much from it. And was still disappointed with it. I knew it was going to suck, but not as much as it did.

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                  RE5 is very very good game, RE 5 sold 5 million copies and becoming the best selling title in the series. if the game was bad than people will don't buy it!!!!!! that's mather of fact
                  Assassin's Creed.

I didn't know you could play a game, completely finish it and form an opinion of it Before you purchase it. I thought that came After you buy the game.

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                  no classic RE games would not be sell good anymore......no that good as RE5 now
                  What?

And you know this how? Oh right cause you have a time machine and can see into the future.

Do you know Anything about marketing at all?

If it has good advertising, people will buy anything. A classic RE has every chance of selling just as well as RE5 if it gets the same amount of advertising and hype.
                  Last edited by missvalentine; 08-01-2009, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• I'm angry because someone reported me for just asking one simple question and it was not even a rude message just an simple yes or no answer. Some people are just drama queens.

Comment

• no classic RE games are not good for random player, of course we hardcore RE fans will buy it but no the others. that's for sure

I didn't know you could play a game, completely finish it and form an opinion of it Before you purchase it. I thought that came After you buy the game.

well one magic word: REVIEW
                      Spoiler:

Comment

If it has good advertising, people will buy anything.
                        Spoiler:

And I don't understand why miss valentine brought this argument in the "I'm angry" thread.
                        Last edited by aris13; 08-01-2009, 06:52 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Come on Val, you're playing silly games now. No need for a dramatic meltdown.

Comment

But the thing is, you can't judge a game by videos.
                            You cant? Most people can easily tell how the gameplay will work by just looking at a few gameplay videos. How sluggish the controls are, how many keypresses you have to perform in a certain ammount of time. How demanding skillwise. How good the OpFor AI will be. Damage and accuracy of the weapons shown. Only a couple of good gameplay videos will tell you everything about a game. And if you cant do that, there must be something wrong with you because Im by far not an exception in this.

Of caorse people will the the videos and see the shiny new graphics and want to buy it.
                            Shiny graphics did not make Crysis the best selling game of all time.

You can only judge a game once you have already bought it, and played it to completion. Buying a game is a gamble. You will either get something good or get something bad.
                            No its not. If it is for you, then I believe youve made a tonload of bad investments in your life. Buying a videogame is a pretty damn safe bet because you have so many ways to make sure youll get what you pay for. From videos to fan community heated debates. I dont even care if a demo is out anymore.

I have played game that got great reviews and thought they were shit. And Ive played games that got horrible reviews and thought they were great.
                            That happens if the only thing you read out of a review is "the game is awesome. 10/10" or "the game sucks. 1/10". You need to be able to process the subjective data out of the game and focus on the objective and factual information.

Jesus, this is all common sense.

It's just hype. People buy things out of hype sometimes. My best friend falls for hype all the time. He got most of his games out of hype. And he says most of them sucked.
                            People buy things out of hype if theres no competition. HALO is an example to this. RE has no competition aswell, hence its an example aswell. However, they both deliver to people who consciously bought those games. They didnt deliver for you because youre a "hardcore fan" and thus extremely biased.

The problem is in you, and CAPCOM, and not in the game.

Missed my point. Not what I meant.
                            You sure? Because thats the impression I got from you- "market to diehard fans and youll get your moneys".

I never thought RE5 was going to be a messiah. I only got it cause I wanted to see if Jill died or not. And to see if the zombie and licker rumor was true. I never expected much from it. And was still disappointed with it. I knew it was going to suck, but not as much as it did.
                            If you spend 50 bucks on a game just to see if a character dies or not, then this whole argument is just stupid and pointless.

If it has good advertising, people will buy anything. A classic RE has every chance of selling just as well as RE5 if it gets the same amount of advertising and hype.
                            Yes, marketing *will* sell garbage, however the games youre slandering, from an objective standpoint, are not garbage. Your reasoning that Outbreaks would have sold as much as RE5 did, if they received as much PR, is wrong, simply because the games APPEAL to different people. One is a niche product, other is not. No matter how much you market a niche product to the casual group, the sales will still be a lot lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                              I'm angry because someone reported me for just asking one simple question and it was not even a rude message just an simple yes or no answer. Some people are just drama queens.
                              Leave that out of this topic please. Be careful calling other members names as well, could get you into trouble, but as this wasn't aimed directly at someone (no names mentioned) I'll let it slide this time.

Reviews aren't ALWAYS right. With me, I bought Rise of the Argonauts after several reviews compared it to Mass Effect, one even saying it was a mix between Mass Effect and Gladiator, the conversation system was brilliant, the gameplay wasn't all that, but was playable and the other features made up for it. It wasn't. It was absolute fail. But then again, I didn't do that much research into the game either.

Like Vass said, you can usually know what you need to know pre-purchase about a game off the net.

Comment

• Theres been a whole sh!tload of problems piling up in my life and nothing good showing in return. The worst of it all is that Im too apathetic about it.

Im pretty sure my finger is broken and all I did is just ate a few painkillers and went for a round in COD4.

Might that be a sign of depression? I dont feel down or bad or anything, and I am not looking for razor blades, I just dont give a sh!t about too many important things at the moment.

The part where I parted my ways with my girl yesterday, all I could think of was laughing because it reminded me of typical Hollywood movies. (Guy girl take a walk, they talk and when they agree that things are over, a thunderstorm comes out of nowhere and they have to walk home, soaking wet.)
                                Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 08-01-2009, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X