No announcement yet.

I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my laptop keeps freezing up and get's really annoying I have to keep restarting it over and over again

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
      I am angry at capcom and at RE5.

Ive been thinking recently and I realized just how much of a con capcom pulled on us all with RE5. It's disgusting.

I'm going to ramble here but I don't care.

I hate RE5, I really do. It's the worst in the series, Id give it 5/10. It has a horrible story and terrible gameplay. It added nothing good to the series and only made it worse, it made more problems than it fixed.

First off, with the story. What is up with the fucking magical plant shit, that's a stupid idea. I liked it when the origins of the T-virus where with Ebola, but apparently that is retconed now my friend just told me. I hope to God it hasn't been. And the Wesker children idea, that s stupid and so annoying. It just completely ruined Wesker for no purpose at all. Why on earth did capcom even add that? What so they could have a reason to make Wesker wanna take over the world and complete his stupid illogical plan of world domination? When was RE ever about taking over the world? RE5's story severely fucked up the series. I mean yes RE4 had a bad story as well, but it didn't change a thing, it made no difference and it was irrelevant, but RE5 ruined so much about RE.

Also the main story in general sucked, and they milked it for all it was worth before it came out. Just imagine if they had never shown us Jill's tombstone before release, and we had seen that for the first time in game. How much better would that have been, that would have made me wanna play it so much more. But no capcom thinks they may be bale to get more sales if they put huge fucking plot spoilers in it's trailers. They ruined the story for everyone, just so they could look as if they had a MGS like story and make it huge in sales. They lied to us and tricked us trying to get us to make false assumptions about the game. I mean the amount of advertising that went into the game seemed bigger than the game development itself. I mean what the fuck were all these viral videos? Who directed and paid for these? Time was spent writing these crappy non canon things so that we would think RE5 is cool and by it, when more time and money should of actually been invested in making RE5. Capcom just took it a step to far this time. I find it offensive, it's like they are conning us, there fans into buying there crappy shitty game. And it pisses me off so much. All there behind the scenes interviews with the voice actors and the motion captures lead us to believe there was going to be so many huge important cutscenes were so much is revealed in them. Like MGS, but what do we get? No more cutscenes than there were in Remake. And most of them had no dialog anyway and were just Chris and Sheva shooting things, and the dialog was a few quick lines. They wasted so much money on there 3D camera and mo cap when they could have used that money to invest into the game and story and make what was the RE5 beta which looked very very good to me. When a game studio needs to trick it's fans into buying it's games there is something very wrong. Capcom should just do what it's fans want. Fuck this Chris/Wesker storyline and bring Sherry back, explain what happened to her, make Jill do something other than being sidelined by Chris, give Claire a good role again. Bring Barry back and go back to zombies. Tell us what happened to Rebecca and show her again! Capcom are so fucking stupid and Takeuchi is a money grubbing whore. I hate the bastard. All capcom care about, or rather Takeuchi cares about is how much his game makes. I don;t think he has a care in the world about the actual game itself. Capcom are like the EA games of the east.

RE5's gameplay was horrible too, it was a step backwards from RE4. RE4, and the classics have much better gameplay, and are tons more fun to play. RE5's gameplay is awkward and boring and feels like a chore to play. Yet is gets huge fucking sales? Why is this? Not because the game is good, but because of the colossal amount of time and energy and money capcom put into it's advertising. It's really unfair I think. And the sheer amount of used copy's of RE4 I see laying around back up my point that it's a shitty overrated game.

I remember someone saying capcom were investigating how Chris's shirt would look when wet, so they went to the company itself and got an interview with it's head and asked the about it and did experiments on how it looked wet. WASTE OF FUCKING TIME!! That is the most tiny stupid detail, that if you tell lot of people they assume that if that is being researched then what other secrets must they be doing, and that the game must be awesome. It's a fucking scam to make people buy there shit. They should be focusing on the game itself.

If capcom had spent all it's time on the actual game and had not advertised it at all. It would probably have turned out to be a phenomenal game. The story would have been much better and more thought out, and the gameplay would have been superb. But no that would take more effort so capcom takes the easy road and advertises the shit out of it.

I am sick of this. Just sick of the way capcom treats it's fans. It's disrespectful. I am so pissed. I like to just consider RE5 non canon, there series was better before it came out.
      I'm starting to wonder if its me or re5 you despise?

Though I wouldn't blame you for not liking re5, I hate the story completely, short of story, not being able to play with jill in the middle of the story etc.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
        no classic RE games are not good for random player, of course we hardcore RE fans will buy it but no the others. that's for sure

well one magic word: REVIEW
        Who told you this? Did you form this on your own? Were is your proof and research that No one but classic RE fans will buy the game. Where is it?

People will buy anything.

And to your brilliantly typed out argument on reviews, read my previous posts.

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        Spoiler:

And I don't understand why miss valentine brought this argument in the "I'm angry" thread.
        My first post, I said I was angry at capcom over RE5.

Also, instead of telling me you think my opinions are stupid, why not back your own up, instead of posting an image.

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
        You cant? Most people can easily tell how the gameplay will work by just looking at a few gameplay videos. How sluggish the controls are, how many keypresses you have to perform in a certain ammount of time. How demanding skillwise. How good the OpFor AI will be. Damage and accuracy of the weapons shown. Only a couple of good gameplay videos will tell you everything about a game. And if you cant do that, there must be something wrong with you because Im by far not an exception in this.
        Yeah you can tell how a game plays and all. But you can't tell how fun a game is until you actually play it for yourself. You can kind of get a feel for it watching it, but it's always nothing compared to actually playing it with the controller in your hand.

Otherwise why play games? Why not just watch them on youtube.

Shiny graphics did not make Crysis the best selling game of all time.
        it was PC exclusive, and it was pirated a lot. Those two things lost it a ton of sales.

No its not. If it is for you, then I believe youve made a tonload of bad investments in your life. Buying a videogame is a pretty damn safe bet because you have so many ways to make sure youll get what you pay for. From videos to fan community heated debates. I dont even care if a demo is out anymore.
        I myself research the hell out of a game before I buy it. I don't think Ive ever bought a game just randomly in a store unless Ive spent a while looking at up and deciding whether I wanna buy it or not. But it's still a gamble because a game could look cool when watching a video, but sometimes it's not as good, or even better when actually playing it yourself. Sometimes If I am really not sure Ill rent it before I buy it. But not very often.

But most people don't do this, and since RE5 is marketed to a casual market, they just buy without much thought at all.

That happens if the only thing you read out of a review is "the game is awesome. 10/10" or "the game sucks. 1/10". You need to be able to process the subjective data out of the game and focus on the objective and factual information.

Jesus, this is all common sense.
        No, not always. I read and process. And I disagree with them a lot of times. Ive read reviews of RE games cause I was bored and they ramble on about the camera angles making the game suck, and I totally disagree with that. So yeah I don't trust reviews since they are marketed to a casual audience. Same with movie reviews, I hate movie reviewers. I rarely ever agree with any of them.

People buy things out of hype if theres no competition. HALO is an example to this. RE has no competition aswell, hence its an example aswell. However, they both deliver to people who consciously bought those games. They didnt deliver for you because youre a "hardcore fan" and thus extremely biased.

The problem is in you, and CAPCOM, and not in the game.
        No, it not with me. A fan is always right.

Look at this, there are only 20 million people in Australia. Out of that small amount, there is an even smaller amount of RE fans. Just in ONE EB games store, there are over 100 copy's of RE returned at any given moment according to my friend who works there.

Now, the USA has hundreds of millions of people and a much larger RE fanbase, same with the UK and Japan. Now imagine the back of a gamestop there. There would be hundreds maybe thousands in places like NYC of returned copy's of RE5. What does all this mean? A lot of people hated the game. Thus the game is wrong and not the fan.

You sure? Because thats the impression I got from you- "market to diehard fans and youll get your moneys".
        You know, it is possible to market the classics to a casual fanbase. I mean they marketed RE5, an action game, as "Fear you can't Forget". And this is an action game, marketed as horror, to a casual fanbase. I am pretty sure you could make a horror game. Make a cool little trailer for it, and market it in a way that it would catch the casual fan bases eye. And voila, people will buy a horror game. I mean Dead Space is horror and did well enough to warrant a prequel and sequel already on the way. So why can't RE do this? There is no reason other than capcom doesn't want to. Maybe they're profits will decrease slightly, but still making 3 or 4 million is a lot of cash and would make the game go platinum easy. Anything above 1 million is a huge success. Capcom just got money hungry. I don't wanna hear this capcom are poor bullshit.

If you spend 50 bucks on a game just to see if a character dies or not, then this whole argument is just stupid and pointless.
        I bought it cause it interested me, I wanted to see what Jill did in the game. It was marketed to have a great story, like MGS. But guess what, after I bought it and played it, I realized it didn't. How on earth would I be able to know the whole story without reading a plot analysis or watching the entire thing on youtube before buying it and playing it myself. Reviews don't give a plot analysis and I don't care for others opinions on a story. Ill always go see it myself.

Yes, marketing *will* sell garbage, however the games youre slandering, from an objective standpoint, are not garbage. Your reasoning that Outbreaks would have sold as much as RE5 did, if they received as much PR, is wrong, simply because the games APPEAL to different people. One is a niche product, other is not. No matter how much you market a niche product to the casual group, the sales will still be a lot lower.
        Well then, don't market it as a niche product. I mean how did RE sell in the first place? There were action games in 1996 too, they are not a recent invention. If it got the right marketing people will buy it if it's niche or not. market it as an action adventure horror game. People will buy it.

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        Like Vass said, you can usually know what you need to know pre-purchase about a game off the net.
        I know. But not everyone researched game before release like we do. I am pretty sure most people bought the game out of hype judging by the amount of copy's that are being returned.

Comment

Also, instead of telling me you think my opinions are stupid, why not back your own up, instead of posting an image.
          Because a picture is worth a thousand words.
          sigpic

Comment

• Explain first then image!

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              Because a picture is worth a thousand words.
              it can say a thousand words, but the words are always different to different pple lol

on a serious note I agree with MissV, posting pics and not in any form trying to explain your opinion is total evasiveness and at times show the insecurity of your own opinion so you try to put something funny to cover up

Comment

• Sorry but I can't take seriously someone who says "If it has good advertising, people will buy anything"
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry but I can't take seriously someone who says "If it has good advertising, people will buy anything"
                  You know, if people pay good money for old RE game demos from 1998. Then people will buy anything.

Some RE fans would buy Takeuchi's dirty tissues if he wrote RE on it and stuck a price tag on it and said It was one of a kind collectible.

Point is, there is always someone who would buy something. And something with great advertising can make people buy anything. I mean how do brand new IP's get launched? No one has ever played them before? No one knows what it's like. Everything rely's on the advertising. Otherwise it's gonna get barely any sales is it.

Comment

You know, if people pay good money for old RE game demos from 1998. Then people will buy anything.

its cause they are collectors.

Comment

Sorry but I can't take seriously someone who says "If it has good advertising, people will buy anything"
                      Exactly. Or someone that denies something as canon simply because he doesn't like it. Try to remember the whole source of the argument and shrug it off.

So yeah...there's some creepy guy stalking me and another girl at work, and for some reason my car insurance was higher this month. I'll have to wait until Monday to call them about it.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITZB...e=channel_page this pretty much sums up everything I'm thinking right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ITZB...e=channel_page this pretty much sums up everything I'm thinking right now.
                          Reminds me of this.

Great Scene from the movie "25th Hour" with Edward Norton against himself in the mirror with FUCK YOU speech :)
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm not angry at any person in particular...just at the simple fact that it seems like EVERYBODY loved Transformers 2.

I felt ill walking out of the theatre. :/ It was one of the worst pieces of crap I'd ever seen, and I EXPECTED crap. I went in for robots blowing shit up, but the movie failed in even that reguard.

Why can't people have more expectations with movies? Why are we so 'content' with a shitty plot, toilet humor, and a generic piece of eye candy, who really isn't all THAT hot? (IMO at least)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
                              I'm not angry at any person in particular...just at the simple fact that it seems like EVERYBODY loved Transformers 2.

I felt ill walking out of the theatre. :/ It was one of the worst pieces of crap I'd ever seen, and I EXPECTED crap. I went in for robots blowing shit up, but the movie failed in even that reguard.

Why can't people have more expectations with movies? Why are we so 'content' with a shitty plot, toilet humor, and a generic piece of eye candy, who really isn't all THAT hot? (IMO at least)
                              I totally agree with you. Transformers 2 was just terrible. And I never understood my Megan Fox was so sought after.

It was a totally forgettable movie anyway.

Comment

• The Camaro was hotter than that slutty chick.

Comment

Working...
                                X