No announcement yet.

Spider-Man 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The article posted earlier in the thread pretty much sums up my views on it. It's way too early for a reboot, not to mention I thought the first two movies were pretty decent. I mean, granted, they didn't follow the comic book's storyline verbatim, but did anyone really expect it to? It was good for what it was: A movie. Not to mention William Dafoe and Alfred Molina. They were fantastic.

Although somehow I have a feeling this is going to wind up looking like High School Musical...with some mutant spider freak thrown in the mix. Count me out. The original trilogy, despite what an utter trainwreck 3 was, is all I need. The rest can become teeny bopper fodder.

Comment

Can't be as bad as 3 which just gets worse and worse with repeat viewings. I think 2 is the best superhero film to date so hopefully its a return to that sort of form.To me Spiderman 4 cant be what I want it to be. I want a re-do of the venom/symbiote story.

Comment

Originally posted by adariusbelly View Post
        Can't be as bad as 3 which just gets worse and worse with repeat viewings. I think 2 is the best superhero film to date so hopefully its a return to that sort of form.To me Spiderman 4 cant be what I want it to be. I want a re-do of the venom/symbiote story.
        They need to reboot the 3rd film, not the series.

Besides, you'd really should only do one when a series has been tanking in the past couple of years.

Comment

i hopwe they dont do a re-boot as that just seems a waste of the effort Sam Raimi put in.
          but i dont mind who they got in mind as Peter Parker in the comics wasnt meant to be all big and strong, he is more portrayed and bit smaller, thin and agile

Comment

Contenders for Spider-Man Reboot Narrowed Down to Five

Jamie Bell, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane, Andrew Garfield and Josh Hutcherson are the top contenders.
            sigpic

Comment

there are a few good contenders there
              i wonder who will be the chosen

Comment

I lean towards Bell or Ehrenreich.
                sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I'd rather they just didn't make this reboot altogether, to be honest. Spider-Man's my favorite comic book character and they're really just gonna butcher it and make him an emo little bitch with a crush on a redhead. My only problem with Tobey Maguire was that he was a little too girly for Peter. I always loved Peter Parker as the one from the 90's cartoon, voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes.

What's cool is, Barnes is actually returning to voice one of the four different Spidey variations in the upcoming Shattered Dimensions video game.
                  Last edited by Vector; 05-27-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Andrew Garfield Is the Next Spider-Man!

Last edited by aris13; 07-02-2010, 05:42 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• When I saw him, I thought he looked familiar, then I learned that he was in a Doctor Who two-parter in the past. I liked him.

It's quite funny looking at IMDB. Topics asking why a foreigner should play Spider-Man. Yeah.

Comment

• Emma Stone is Gwen Stacy
                        The latest movie and television news, reviews, film trailers, exclusive interviews, and opinions - since 2005.

Rhys Ifans is Dr. Curt Connors a.k.a. The Lizard
                        Last edited by Vector; 10-13-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• I like Stone and Ifans, but I honestly couldn't give a stuff about this film being made. The original isn't even 10 years old yet. Stupid stupid move Sony... I expect to see this thing bomb hard.

Comment

• I hated Spider-man 3 with a passion, but it wasn't so bad that a reboot needed to be made.

Now I'm hoping that this reboot doesn't already screw itself over. Wasn't sure on Andrew Garfield, but after seeing 'The Social Network' I think he's a fine actor and capable to play the part. I'm not sure on the rest of the cast, but I like Emma Stone a lot as well so hope she makes a much more memorable Gwen than Bryce Dallas Howard ever did.

The important thing is to not focus so much on the origin stuff anyways. We're beyond that.

off topic: I think it's sad that Spidey gets a reboot but not Resident Evil...the two big Sony money makers...sad world we live in.
                            Last edited by Smiley; 10-13-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• I really likely the Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy casting. That's the way it should have been from the first film, dammit! I always hated how the Green Goblin was used as the first villain. Green Goblin/Norman Osborn is the closet thing Spidey's got to a Joker villain, after all. Absolutely loved William Dafoe's performance though. . .Hated the silly suit. Why can't they just do a CGI Goblin mask in this day and age. TDK proved it's possible with Two-face.

But I also like that it's the lizard that's first up. He was the first villian used in the 90's Spider-Man series as well. How I love nostalgia. . .
                              sigpic

Comment

• Martin Sheen is Uncle Ben:

Comment

Working...
                                X