Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pikminister
    replied
    When it comes to the aliens, they should've known what worked in the first one... less is more.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    The Assembly Cut for Alien 3 restores much of the film and makes it pretty great as a stand alone movie, and although I personally didn't enjoy where they took the characters, I still enjoy it and it's a great FUCK YOU to expectation that sequels have to be bigger and better.

And Joss Whedon's first script for Resurrection was about a gazillion times better than the final product, there was so much fucking awesome stuff in it and nearly none of it made it.
    Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 05-11-2012, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    Yeah Alien Resurrection is horrible peace of shit. But Alien3 is actually my second favourite right after Aliens.

Leave a comment:

• Pikminister
    replied
    Alien 3... during the first minutes of it I remember thinking "Oh noes... the reason I wanted to see this just went out the fucking window".

And I just sat there in silence along with the rest of the audience for the rest of the show. There were some comments on how fake the Alien looked. Don't remember much after that.

Saw it again recently, and it is better... watchable. But still, I've always been hoping that Alien 3 was all a nightmare sparked by what Newt asks Ripley at the end of Aliens: "Are we going to sleep all the way home . . . can I dream?". And that in Aliens 4 they would set things right and give us back Newt and Hicks. But they fucked things even more.
    Last edited by Pikminister; 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    So how did they explain that the Nuke somehow doesn't destroy the colony?
    Last edited by TheBatMan; 05-11-2012, 11:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    Colonial Marines is part of the established canon? This is good.

Everything will hopefully tie in together better now. Alien 3 deserves better treatment, both by the fans and by Fox.
    Yup. I read first reports after PAX East where numerous reports mentioned it was to included in the canon. Additionally Kotaku ran an interview with Pitchford about it. I know Kotaku isn't always the greatest but these are direct quotes explaining how it fits.

The much-hyped Ridley Scott movie Prometheus isn't the only big Aliens-related project that might change the way we think of one of sci-fi's best series.
    Last edited by Rombie; 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    I've never watched Alien3.
    Shame on you!

Leave a comment:

• aris13
    replied
    I've never watched Alien3.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Alien 3 is an underrated gem, especially the assembly cut.

Sorry Wrathbone.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    Oh Charlize..... Charlize Charlize.....

Absolutely.
    Stunning.

Leave a comment:

• aris13
    replied

More at the link

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Alien 3 was borked by Fox more than anything. Mediocre script, so so characters, shitty ending. Only good thing that came from the film was David Fincher.

Sorry Spencer.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-11-2012, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Spencer
    replied
    But but but..I like Alien 3.

Leave a comment:

• Dracarys
    replied
    Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    If this film bombs and turns out to be a turd, then we'll always have James Cameron.
    Unless he plans to retcon the Aliens and turn them blue it is not going to happen.

James Cameron has found his true love, and it is blue. In an interview with The New York Times, the “Titanic” and “Aliens” filmmaker admits that a combination of his own non-filmmaking activities and his commitments to the “Avatar” franchise mean that he has essentially scrapped all plans to either develop or produce any other […]

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Films are rarely the taj mahal ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X