Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ yeah, that image comes up if you google search 1.5 hehe .. links to assemblers - I believe its a shot scanned from a magazine - Alzaire posted 2F pictures.

I messed around abit with it by darkening areas and it indeed looks like a vending machine - you can see the 'can' looking object - Can't wait to play/see more of 2F

"I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
      you can see the 'can' looking object
      Are you sure you're not just having a Toast Jesus moment? XD

If you examine that area in the photograph, the colours of the wall and trim remain consistent. I outlined both vending machines in red (the cigarette unit is shorter, as is customary over in the states).
      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-10-2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• So, are we assuming the following?

- Playable preview build > Bioflames build

???

Your first instincts would be to say that they're images of the same camera angle one earlier than the other, but it's likey that they're from the same era. I think the playable build is around the corner from the bioflames build, the room is in a U shape as can be seen in the Bioflames pic and I think the camera angle from the preview build is just to the left of the Bioflames one, as in the vending machine is just out of sight against the wall behind the camera.

To think that the playable build is actually later than the Bioflames build is a perplexing thought.

I'm confused though, where do the archive corridor and IGAS corridor fit into the picture?

Comment

• @Geluda

Not only are they different camera angles, but they're also (presumably) different rooms on different floors, albeit analogous rooms of the same dimensions. They are both connected to the lift shaft and west stairwell in the same way, but I theorise that one (3F) is directly above the other (2F). Notice that the 2F variant features intact window panes that are part of the background, whilst the 3F variant is missing its western window panes because they are 3D objects that have failed to render (as with half of the Kennel cells); this is to accommodate the crows. Also notice that the 3F variant features circular spotlights, whilst the 2F variant features long fluorescent lights. IGAS has already finished these rooms and some of their renders of it can be found in the "main" and FAQ threads.

Comment

• Do you mean the room with Ashley?

I guess your evaluation makes sense. So on each floor their are two corridors? The Cheif's corridor and the Archive corridor, then the elevator/starwell corridors on 2F and 3F?
            Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Do you know what it is? I've always been under the impression that this image was fake. People have explained various reasons in the past and I've pretty much written off this image as nonsense. But getting a chance to look at this image again over the weekend made me realize one important thing, what's the chance that someone creating a fake image actually got the location of the Lobby right? 103 LOBBY, what are the chances of that? Were there any public references available at the time this image was created? The goromacida video perhaps?

Just realized I double posted, sorry about that.
              Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post

Do you know what it is? I've always been under the impression that this image was fake. People have explained various reasons in the past and I've pretty much written off this image as nonsense. But getting a chance to look at this image again over the weekend made me realize one important thing, what's the chance that someone creating a fake image actually got the location of the Lobby right? 103 LOBBY, what are the chances of that? Were there any public references available at the time this image was created? The goromacida video perhaps?

Just realized I double posted, sorry about that.
                I wasn't around at the time, but do you know where that image originated from Geluda? That is pretty curious..

Comment

• I couldn't tell you, if I did I would be guessing. It's been around for many years though, I think it originated on Bioflames or probably this forum back in the late 2000's.

Comment

Do you mean the room with Ashley?
                    Yes. That's the 3F variant.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    I guess your evaluation makes sense. So on each floor their are two corridors? The Cheif's corridor and the Archive corridor, then the elevator/starwell corridors on 2F and 3F?
                    Do you have the 2F map? There are three corridors on 2F: the one we've been talking about, the main one (only seen in the Bioflames images), and the Archive corridor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                      Yes. That's the 3F variant.

Do you have the 2F map? There are three corridors on 2F: the one we've been talking about, the main one (only seen in the Bioflames images), and the Archive corridor.
                      I think someone might have posted one a while ago, the one in the build is all scrambled. Let me check and see if I saved one.

Edit: No, don't think I did.
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• geluda its photoshopped but was originally a bio2beta2 picture

Comment

• What was the conclusive proof that the image was actually fake? I trust people's opinions, but I'm curious just for the technicalities sake. There's two curiosities in this image, one the accurate room number and two, Leon has his knife holster on his left leg (I guess that's clue one right there? Unless it's just his pocket, it's hard to see). Was this image made using a Leon 1.5 mod? And was the room number taken from publicly available media?

I just find it quite peculiar that whoever created the image actually got the lobby room number right, unless there was publicly available media of room 103 out at the time, of course.
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I think someone might have posted one a while ago, the one in the build is all scrambled. Let me check and see if I saved one.

Edit: No, don't think I did.
                            Here you go, I cleaned it up for you:

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              Here you go, I cleaned it up for you:

Nice maps, thanks!

Ignore me, I see it now, 10C.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Back to the 1997 TGS image of the 2F Stairwell Hall ... Enig did his detective work on this after I helped DXP with his recreated backgrounds (and yes, we got the lights wrong - Enig didn't), but I think there's something I can add to this. That "cylinder-shaped object" in the middle of the picture is what's left of a window. It's washed out because of both the lighting effect and the glare from the video monitor on which the game is being show, but it follows the pattern of the windows on that side of the building. Good catch on the two vending machines, though ... and all this time, I thought the whole thing was a washed-out bookcase.
                                Last edited by RMandel; 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM.
                                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X