Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claire is back in Revelations 2 along with Burton....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlier00 View Post
    As for Moira, I definitely thought I heard Eden.
    Me too. The way she screams "Claire !" reminded me the way Sherry screams "Jake !" in RE6. Could be just a coincidence though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
      In 6, Roger Craig Smith was still playing Chris -so not everyone was replaced.

If you're talking about Ada, Sally Cahill had only played her in 2 and 4 before she was recast in Umbrella Chronicles, she came back for DC, but Courtenay Taylor had already played her since Operation Raccoon City, which still had Alyson Court playing Claire, Michelle Ruff as Jill and Eden Riegel as Sherry (who would also count as part of the 'new' cast)

I'm just trying to remain hopeful that we'll see Alyson Court as Claire. Because knowing that she's not playing her has really kinda ruined my excitement to see the character back... I'll cling to any hope =x
      Wait.. I never played RE6 but are you honestly telling me Paul Mericer didn't do Leon?
      I really don't understand why capcom's respect for voice actors is so low.. why is it so hard for them to keep the same voice actor for the same CHARACTER for more than one game? I understand the older games cause they were gradually improving in acting performance but god damn. It would be especially nice for the RE series because they have been putting emphasis on aging. I am aware this happens to other companies franchises but none of them are so painfully obvious as the Resident evil series.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
        Wait.. I never played RE6 but are you honestly telling me Paul Mericer didn't do Leon?
        Ya =[ Darkside was his last appearance, I believe. Operation Raccoon City had a different guy and Damnation and 6 have had Matthew Mercer in the role.
        Last edited by Kei_M; 09-12-2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
          Ya =[ Darkside was his last appearance, I believe. Operation Raccoon City had a different guy and Damnation and 6 have had Matthew Mercer in the role.
          See but then it makes Capcom's logic even crazier. They got Paul for Darkside then replaced him in ORC, but still got Alyson to voice Claire in both.

Comment

• I can't imagine Claire without the voice of Alyson Court.

Comment

• I'm just imagining her sounding like this now

Comment

• Looks like they may have finally done it.. feel so sorry for Alyson though - since she stated she loved playing Claire and would gladly carry on.

I didn't even realize at first that Leon was changed for RE6, he sounded the same to me, only better.
                Ada sounded fantastic ans still remained kinda Sally-ish .. just a more realistic portrayal rather than B-Movie acting.

They better have another great actress who actually sounds like Alyson if they're gonna replace her though - I always found Alyson's voice kinda campy, but I liked it - it made her unique. The only time I've ever heard her do good voice acting was in Darkside Chronicles's CV section (mainly the FMVs where she is on the PC with Steve as the start)

EDIT: Also glad to hear they've changed the partner system to how it was in Zero. Will make the game that much harder, mainly coz your partner won't always be there to help and heal you I guess.. Kinda takes away the challenge and horror.
                I hope they include sections again where they're split up for longer periods too.. or puzzles like Zero which require teamwork (as in, not having the AI do it for you, you need to switch to the other and play as them instead like Zero)
                Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 09-13-2014, 07:19 AM.
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• CAPCOM are quite good at getting similar sounding VA's as replacements lately. Leon and Ada in BIO6 sound identical to their BIO4 appearances.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    CAPCOM are quite good at getting similar sounding VA's as replacements lately. Leon and Ada in BIO6 sound identical to their BIO4 appearances.
                    Yeah, I really could not tell any difference, but they're delivery was spot on..
                    Even Rebecca's reappearance in RE5 and UC sounded like her - sure it was maybe a little too high pitched in comparison, but she had that Becky vibe in her voice at least.

I worry though coz Court's voice was very unique.. I just hope they can pull it off. I don't like the way Capcom didn't tell Court though.. not very nice after all these years..
                    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Augh. Just look at Jill in Revelations part one, just terrible looks and voice. Could be the same for Claire here.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        CAPCOM are quite good at getting similar sounding VA's as replacements lately. Leon and Ada in BIO6 sound identical to their BIO4 appearances.
                        I do agree with this in most cases for the most part,Chris and Leon's evolution was well represented by the recasts but I don't think either excel at their past counterparts (RCS's young Chris grew on me, actually) . Ada's has been fine but there's a texture to Cahill's voice that the rest of the girls will never be able to capture. They also clearly have no idea what they want to do with Rebecca because she keeps switching between 5 years old and a normal aged girl.

I guess I can accept that now that she's a veteran the change will be well represented-like Leon's! But it just makes me wonder what Alyson was doing when she says "I'll be in touch <3" instead of openly denying her involvement. She says it wasn't her in the trailer and before it was revealed she claimed to have gotten no contact. But why hasn't she just cut and dry said: "sorry guys, I'm not in it." I hope they didn't ask her to keep it quiet so they can announce it and explain themselves. Or maybe she's working on an RE2 remake as Claire and so there will be good news mixed with the bad ;D /wishful thinking.
                        Last edited by Kei_M; 09-13-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• capcom is just dick mode. david hayter played like 10 snakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                            capcom is just dick mode. david hayter played like 10 snakes.
                            This is mildly ironic and/or poorly timed. But I guess I get your drift.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                              This is mildly ironic and/or poorly timed. But I guess I get your drift.
                              On purpose ;)
                              still he did alot more.
                              Also ocelot and others were kept solid.

Capcom just switches way too often. There was nothing wrong with mercier. Idk whats wrong with cahill. You can tell by looking and listening ditching court is the wrong option

Comment

• We haven't even heard one scene that is fully acted. Stop acting like a drama queen and give it a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X