Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pick up Revelations 2? (*Fawkin' spoilers beware*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Only played Claire so far in episode 2 and really loving it.

I don't call this survival horror though, still a linear action game with focus on combat. Where are the puzzles? Where is the exploration?
    Theres the timed door puzzle in Claires section, theres exploring the fishing village,the puzzles are there, even if they're short. You'll find Barry gets to do a bit more exploration than Claire, things are still pretyt linear, but the fishing village is definitely a highlight.

As for the Survival Horror its still a bit light in Claires chapter, but its like 60% of Barrys chapter. I was really fucking impressed with how dark and dour the atmosphere became in the second half of Barrys episode.

I fucking hate the Glasps, they're more problematic than I anticipated and definitely the weirdest enemies in the series because...well, you'll "see". Biggest surprise was that by about 80% of Barrys episode, I was almost out of ammo. The last boss battle ate up all my assault and magnum rounds, I was literally down to my last 17 handgun rounds.

Thankfully there was enough shit to find around the area that I'd missed to get me back up to about 75 assault rifle rounds, a full magnum, and about 50 handgun rounds.

I really am loving this game and am damn impressed with this development team, Rev1 was really good, but felt too actiony for my tastes. This game however, CH2 especially, is making me forget about RE5 and RE6's awfulness. Its got enough action to keep me engaged, but its actually got honest to god creepy atmosphere and that old mysterious sense of foreboding that the older games had.

I do have 1 complaint though(minus the games limited gore), the afflicted. In the past 3 main games we've had humanoid zombies who always had a "trick" up their sleeves when you did a certain amount of damage.

The ganados/majini had head parasites, the J'aavo had limb transformation and the afflicted....jump.Now the ganados, majini, and J'aavo used a lot of the same animations and mostly felt the same, the afflicted don't.They have their own special type of movement and attacks and shit that makes them stand out(which I really like, they "feel" like new monsters), but they feel like there's something missing, even the ones who turn into Sploders.

I keep expecting to shoot an afflicted, and have a giant parasite tentacle, or an insect arm pop out of their body and am kind of hoping that this does happen in Ep3 as I can take these bastards down like they're nothing as it is.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-05-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• is it worth gettin the episodes? wont we be paying more for each chapter? maybe i should wait for the physical copy

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
        Theres the timed door puzzle in Claires section, theres exploring the fishing village,the puzzles are there, even if they're short. You'll find Barry gets to do a bit more exploration than Claire, things are still pretyt linear, but the fishing village is definitely a highlight.
        I don't class pressing a button to open a door, then running through it a puzzle. Where is the problem solving exactly? The fishing village really has nothing to explore, anything of note is a highlighted mission objective. The game is a very linear fixed order of progression
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Does anyone mind the episodic release approach that much? Because I surprisingly don't. Especially when it's weekly and not very pricey. If the lengths of each chapter continue as they are than I probably could have finished this game in a day, got tired of it in a week and moved on. Instead, I'm going to be playing this game for the rest of the month. I'm not a trophy collector or anything like that but I've been trying to get all the collectables because I have time to kill waiting for the next episode.

Comment

I don't class pressing a button to open a door, then running through it a puzzle.
            Because you don't need to run through it silly, you hit the button, switch characters so one goes through the door, then hit the button again and this time slide a crate into the door before the gate shuts.
            Simple puzzle, but more realistic than the old poison gas room from RE1. Even if thats a better puzzle from a game perspective.

Granted after so many years of having no puzzles in RE games, its just nice to have something.
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-06-2015, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• Well episodes 3 and 4 apparently has some more complex puzzles.
              Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                Spoiler:

Game is getting interesting now. But this digital only episode non-sense has to go.
                Only 11 more days brother.

Comment

• I have not played it yet, but I watched the whole thing in youtube, even feeling guilty for doing that since when I actually buy it the experience will not be the same. I'm planning to buy it soon. Is the game as good as the videos I saw?

Btw, the revelation that Alex from the Lost in Nightmares files was actually a girl, kinda reminded me when they said Doctor Who might be for the first time a female doctor, I don't know why it made me remember that lol
                  Last edited by MarvieT; 03-07-2015, 10:34 AM. Reason: another tedious bad typing

Comment

• I'm enjoying the weekly nature of this game, I feel like I'm playing more than I would do with the full game at day 1. But there is a problem about how they handle skills for Story mode and level cap on raid mode, if you play a lot you get too powerfull too soon.

Comment

• You know what I find extremely odd, so it's been six months since Moira and Claire went missing... Six months. So Barry FINALLY now comes looking for his daughter.. And why isn't Chris coming to look for his sister? Claire been through hell and back looking for Chris and now when she's been missing for this long he doesn't even seem concerned?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.BioHazard View Post
                        You know what I find extremely odd, so it's been six months since Moira and Claire went missing... Six months. So Barry FINALLY now comes looking for his daughter.. And why isn't Chris coming to look for his sister? Claire been through hell and back looking for Chris and now when she's been missing for this long he doesn't even seem concerned?
                        Probably write it off with some 'Duty to the soldiers he is training' nonsense.

I wanna know how that flamethrower runs for 6 months without running out of fuel. There should be a finite supply since the island seems to have gone to hell so I doubt people are replacing the reserves.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Probably write it off with some 'Duty to the soldiers he is training' nonsense.

I wanna know how that flamethrower runs for 6 months without running out of fuel. There should be a finite supply since the island seems to have gone to hell so I doubt people are replacing the reserves.
                          Well there better be some surprise where Chris just shows up cause I'm not accepting some lame excuse like that lol

And yeah.... thats a valid question... Also it's a RE game... I'v ammo and and fuel are hidden in boxes everywhere

Comment

• We don't know when Barry got that recording of Moira. Could've been just hours before he went to the island.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              We don't know when Barry got that recording of Moira. Could've been just hours before he went to the island.
                              I thought he said the recording was dated 6 months prior to his arrival?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-08 at 12.39.52 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	414.9 KB
ID:	403910
                              Last edited by Mr.BioHazard; 03-08-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Wasn't Barry shocked when he found out that Moira's broadcast was actually recorded 6 months ago? I'd imagine Barry and the BSAA only found out about the island recently. Still, it doesn't really explain the flamethrower though. :p

EDIT: Beaten. lol. Barry mentioned that he was briefed about the island beforehand, so I'd imagine they had already sent a squad before him. Most likely, he probably didn't even get official permission from the BSAA to go there.
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-08-2015, 01:05 PM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X