most important character in RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
    I'm talking about in UC. I liked his voice in RE3.
    oh ok, i havent played UC yet so i wouldn't know about it.

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
    No, Alexia's laughter was by far the most annoying. But laughter aside, Richard Waugh was a terrific voice actor for Wesker. If it was him doing Wesker's voice in UC, I bet he would've actually made some of those terribly written lines sound good.
    D.C. Douglas was just all nasal, and his horrible attempt to do the accent Waugh was doing. They butchered Wesker in UC.
    well i liked her laugh, or alfred pretending to be her and do her laugh anyway, but that's just me.

also im not to sure about D.C Douglas for RE5, id rather Richard Waugh be Wesker's voice actor, but i still think Wesker's voice actor in RE1 was the best.
    Last edited by missvalentine; 12-04-2008, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
      OMG who voted for Leon, XD.
      I did, for reasons specified above.

/witch hunt over.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        I did, for reasons specified above.

/witch hunt over.
        there's the witch, BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the in game universe: Albert Wesker.

For marketing the series to new people: Leon, Dr Salvadore, Albert Wesker and Alice.
        i think you could put any character for marketing it for new people, not just those four, and i don't see how Alice gets on there, i like her but don't see how she could market RE better than Jill could. i think Jill in her RE3 Outfit could market RE quite good, even if i wouldn't use her like that myself, but i know it would work well, i mean she is the face of RE after all.

Comment

I meant that they are important characters to get people to try the games. In that RE4 is popular now, and Leon is a popular guy too, I think most people will have encountered Leon then have Jill. Alice also, as there are plenty of people who have seen (and possibly enjoyed) the live action motion pictures, and have never touched a console controller in their life. Alice is important to getting the series name out there, and piquing people's interest in the game series. Wesker is also becoming the face of the series, but I'd say he's not important as Leon or Alice.

And Dr Salvadore... With the way he was featured in ads for the game, you'd think he was the big boss of the game or something. I read an article about RE5 that said something like "What's an RE game without a chainsaw maniac?". The answer of course is 'all but one', but the amount of people that don't seem to know that is staggering.

Those 4 are by-no-means by favorite characters. I think people are getting confused with favourite character, and most important character - especially with the way I've interpreted the question. Jill's not the face of RE anymore. That ended in 2000.
          sigpic

Comment

Jill's not the face of RE anymore. That ended in 2000.
            True but some people can't accept that. Maybe they'll understand someday.
            sigpic

Comment

well then Leon will be replaced by Chris next year.

Jill is still and always will be the face of RE, and zombies also but mainly Jill, Leon is just the flavor of the month.

also i don't think it's Leon and Alice that draw people to the rest of the series, it's more the games themselves, Leon and Alice are just lucky enough to be the protagonists in the two, and remember Jill still has the most playtime out of all the RE protagonists, and has the most games SALES wise out of the protagonsits as well, Wesker has the most games overall but he's an antagonist so he doesnt count.
              Last edited by missvalentine; 12-04-2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                True but some people can't accept that. Maybe they'll understand someday.
                Well, considering that it's just a video game, I think the face of Resident Evil is whatever the individual wants it to be. I don't see why people are so religious about it. It's like, "Capcom's making more games. And even though I don't like them, I'll keep forcing them on myself because Capcom said so."

It is what you make it for yourself. You own the game, the game doesn't own you.
                Last edited by Biohazard EX; 12-04-2008, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X