X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alzaire
    replied
    Lots to reply to.

Helegad. Yeah I know it shouldn't be said to apply logic to what Capcom does, but I'm mostly trying not to apply as much practical logic and am applying more logic to the design of 1.5 itself to itself. Mostly to just try to keep some explanation or capability within the speculation of recreation. If I threw out all logic and reasoning, it would be so easy to map everything by just making a ton of stuff up.

Kev your question was already answered I see. But yeah it's "It's here, look I can get inside through -this- hole."

Sonic Blue. The quality of various images depends on the media they were taken from. Most are magazine scans from years ago and either the scans or screenshots in the magazines weren't very high quality, or both. Some video, even of same areas, have different quality. That's why some images are kinda crappy quality and some not. The reason why the Inflames's exclusive images are all bad quality is because they were taken with a digital camera off a TV screen by someone playing the final beta for Inflames. It's too bad X-cult is being lamers and stealing Inflames's images (and any other images/media they can) and blurring out all website logos and giving no credit or explanation to where anything came from.

The RPD lobby changed from the first build onwards. The chairs in the middle of the room only existed in the first build. From the second onward, there were no chairs and the entire room was mostly redesigned to how it would be the rest of the development, except for some future touchups and small details.

The german shepherd zombie dogs existed up till or only in the third build (no media of them in any other). In the fourth and fifth (final) build eras, they were changed to dobermans.

kev again: Actually, I believe you are referring to a Sneak Peak video where halfway through, Leon shoots some zombies with the shotgun and a handgun sound plays right? If so, this video is the US version of the sneak peak video and apparently some sound got corrupted halfway through and they just replaced some sounds and messed up and put the pistol sound for the shotgun. The Japanese Sneak Peak video (which came first) has the correct shotgun sound. Although it is true there are some RE1 and non-RE related temporary audio used in 1.5 as placeholders.

Also, the blue tinge is not fully from an issue of pictures. 1.5 is commonly associated with blue solely because of the alpha/first build media and the lobby. The reason it's blue is to portray the darkness and lack of light, save moonlight and streetlights, that exists in the lobby. Realistically, most of the lobby and reception area should be pitch black with no inner-lights on. But if you look at the rest of the game, there's not that much blue/green tint.

Leave a comment:

• Linzuki
    replied
    O.o Solid Eye? xD all I see is a some what scrambled image. I guess its one of those trickery images? O.o like those black dots that mobile phones can turn into text somehow... Heres what I've been working on... it's still rough (really), work in progress. So sorry it looks kinda dull lol but please point out things.. I'd like to make it as accurate as possible. I'll get around to the atmosphere once I've finished most of the 1st floor and fixing textures.

[Lobby 1]
    [Lobby 2]
    [Lobby 3]
    [Shutter]
    [Elevator]
    [Stairwell (zombies and blood o.o)]
    [Truck 1]
    [Truck 2]

If I could, I'd use half-life 1 >_> for graphics sake, but I lack too much knowledge on that. Anyway.. I hope you like it lol.

I might be wrong, but I believe the anti-virus bomb in RE2 is probably an item from the dual shock mini-game. I think you have to go around and collect the bombs in a certain time limit?
    Ah ok, thanks . I never played the mini-games. I wish I could get my hands on the dual shock ps1 version lol but it's nowhere to be found. Playing it on the psp is horrible... not being able to turn and run at the same time is ugh. Does anyone know if the PC version has all the mini games and such? I don't feel like completing RE2 for like the 100th time just to find out O_o.

Leave a comment:

• Harry Mason
    replied
    Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
    Thanks! guys I couldn't understand Sherry much at all during those words her pronunciation is all over the place.
    Yeah if you slow the video speed down she sounds drunk

I thought I'd share another 3D photo I was working on. You need Metal Gear Ac!d 2's Solid Eye on PSP to see the effect.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3d shit.png
Views:	1
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	398765
    Last edited by Harry Mason; 07-28-2009, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kevstah2004
    replied
    They even borrowed the sounds from resident evil 1 as placeholders.
    I find it strange they used the handgun as a placeholder for the shotgun sound too.
    Also the blueish tinge you see to 1.5 is a common effect of taking a picture of a interlaced screen.
    Thanks! guys I couldn't understand Sherry much at all during those words her pronunciation is all over the place.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-28-2009, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
    There are no extracted backgrounds from the RPD (except the CG of the 1st beta lobby), also the one with the chairs is the original earlier beta of 1.5 *note the differant Leon model

As for the dogs the German Shepard was later replaced by the Doberman Pincher
    No, I mean the quality of certain common extracted backround, not the one of the RPD, that are still missing
    For the Leon early model, yep it's like "Chris Saturn special costume" version
    And for the dog this is bad, I'd prefer the German one

So they make a lot of change from the early 1996 version to 1997 1.5 and rush very hard to make the real 2 that is more like the first one, they scraped 1.5 because was similar to the predecessor and make the 2 more like the 1, this is LOL

Leave a comment:

• Harry Mason
    replied
    Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
    Interesting, there are some point not really clear for me, one is the difference in the rendering quality of the extracted backgrounds, another is that:

Same room? because in the animated gif there are some chairs, also the 3rd and th 4th pics have the same angle of the gif but where are the chairs? The Elza bike throw them away? The Leon and Elza scenarios are not contemporary?

The other is about the dogs, which version is the "final" 1.5?

Because there are the 1.5 dog and the Resident Evil 1 dog (also found in the 2 final)
    There are no extracted backgrounds from the RPD (except the CG of the 1st beta lobby), also the one with the chairs is the original earlier beta of 1.5 *note the differant Leon model

As for the dogs the German Shepard was later replaced by the Doberman Pincher
    Last edited by Harry Mason; 07-28-2009, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    Interesting, there are some point not really clear for me, one is the difference in the rendering quality of the extracted backgrounds, another is that:

Same room? because in the animated gif there are some chairs, also the 3rd and th 4th pics have the same angle of the gif but where are the chairs? The Elza bike throw them away? The Leon and Elza scenarios are not contemporary?

The other is about the dogs, which version is the "final" 1.5?

Because there are the 1.5 dog and the Resident Evil 1 dog (also found in the 2 final)

Leave a comment:

• Harry Mason
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUa4gpi6GJE

I still haven't been able to fully decipher what Sherry said?

"Elza I know a secret way in,
    A secret entrance?
    it's here, look I can get inside Dayna 's or David's school or skull,
    Sherry wait!!!"
    wtf??? who is Dayna or David? and what is this school or skull she speaks of?
    the only thing I can think of would be Elza's college but that doesn't make any sense.

Almost every shotgun, bazooka / grenade launcher blast results in a body from legs decapitation.
    A secret entrance?
    it's here, look I can get inside through this hole,
    Sherry wait!!!"

@SonicBlue the photo of Marvin is a camera shot at a TV screen of the final build of the game ask Inflames it's his photo
    Last edited by Harry Mason; 07-28-2009, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUa4gpi6GJE

Code:
    Elza I know a secret way in!

A secret entrance?

It's here look! I can get inside to this hole

Sherry wait!

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    Found lol

Because the rendering quality is very low compared to the other Biohzard 1.5 backgrounds, so seems to be an alpha version, and then was scraped, maybe I'm wrong

Leave a comment:

• kevstah2004
    replied
    A video from Biohazard Director's Cut: Dual Shock Version - Complete Disc.Please visit Biohaze.com for the latest information regarding the Resident Evil (Bi...

A secret entrance?
    it's here, look I can get inside Dayna 's or David's school or skull,
    Sherry wait!!!"
    wtf??? who is Dayna or David? and what is this school or skull she speaks of?
    the only thing I can think of would be Elza's college but that doesn't make any sense.

Almost every shotgun, bazooka / grenade launcher blast results in a body from legs decapitation.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-28-2009, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Helegad
    replied
    Just a quick little note.

Alzaire, when you say "it doesn't make sense for rah-rah-rah", remember, this is Capcom we're talking about. It don't make sense for the retail RE2 RPD station to have no toilets, but they've managed it. Capcom WILL make the officers wheel dead bodies through the first floor. Capcom WILL put signs in the direction of the parking garage.

Lol, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't put anything past them. But, in a way, you're right. These are all assumptions anyway.

Leave a comment:

• kevstah2004
    replied
    It's a totally different section of the game labeled as the umbrella factory / facility extracted from the Biohazard 2 Trial disc. I thought it was the rpd car park that somehow linked to the 1.5 helipad because of the concept sketch but Alzaire's has proven that to wrong :-)
    You can play the room partially with a epsxe save from bioflames, there's a background viewer code floating about somewhere too

There's in-game pictures of a wounded / slumped Marvin Branagh in the seating area I believe as well as Sherry she enters that room when crawling through the gap I think.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    There are ingame videos/pictures of these areas?

Leave a comment:

• Alzaire
    replied
    Kev, if there is an above ground/outside garage other than the basement parking lot for the RPD, there's no media of it and no indication it exists or is accessible.

Linzuki:

This above area isn't in the basement. It's on an upper floor, probably 2nd floor.

The double doors are hard to match because all 3 seem to be slightly different. It's quite possible none of it matches in the end. I'm going with a possibility though that the doors from the Room702 file could be an older design of the room and they could have changed. I think it would fit better with the really dark basement hall from the video I posted earlier.

A part of the basement that a lot of people forget about is briefly shown in Complete Disc video 1.

This area is also where I believe these 2 connect:

After Leon shoots that zombie's head off, if he were to take a left, I believe he would be at the image next to it. I know the colors appear off, but the brick size/type, the wires running along the top of the wall, the fact there isn't much light in either, and the placement of the lighting make it clear to me it is likely the same area. The color issue is likely due to video quality and settings, which is common issues with 1.5 media.

Also, if you look close (and especially go back to the video and look carefully) you can see a technical error where a zombie can be seen through the wall to the left of Leon. I believe this zombie is the same one that Leon encounters in the image next to it.

This is this place I have on my 2nd map:

I have it circled in white.

These doors are all confirmed to lead to stair rooms of some kind:

You can tell they are stairs because of the signs. The signs that above the door in the Helipad Area and the Basement Hall are hard to make out, but the one below the Main Basement Hall door Leon is standing in front of is pretty clear to make out. c2keo pointed it out to me. It's this sign:

The 2 above the doors seem to cut off the words 'fire exit' and just use the symbol, which I'm pretty sure is just indicating the doors lead to stairs. I am -not- implying that all 3 of these doors all lead to the same stairwell or set of stairs, just that it is pretty likely because of the sign they all lead to some stairs.

I might be wrong, but I believe the anti-virus bomb in RE2 is probably an item from the dual shock mini-game. I think you have to go around and collect the bombs in a certain time limit?
    Last edited by Alzaire; 07-27-2009, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X