Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
    Oh, Alfred, you crazy bugger. Ilu <3

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      Ooohhh... Alfred's such a funny bastard. So... much... NOSTALGIA.

Anyone else hope Alfred still dies in front of Alexia? I know recent scenes in DSC might contradict that (him, injured, pressing a button that MIGHT as well reawaken Alexia from a distance). But, crazy theories ahead, I really hope that button just opens the entrance to Alexia's chamber. When he died in front of Alexia in the original CV/x, I always found the scene dramatically haunting. And somewhat sad.
      Last edited by Ray; 10-12-2009, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Anyone else hope Alfred still dies in front of Alexia?
        Me.

Honestly? That was the first game to make me cry, and that was the scene that did it. Just the fact that after being shot and falling God knows how far, Alfred still forces himself up JUST so he can see his sister one last time and know that his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

It just made it so much more dramatic that she never said anything, just looked down at him as he reached for her...and yeah.

Her holding him while singing his favorite lullaby did it for me too, and it would lose a lot of what made the game so memorable to me if they removed those scenes.

Comment

Anyone else hope Alfred still dies in front of Alexia? I know recent scenes in DSC might contradict that (him, injured, pressing a button that MIGHT as well reawaken Alexia from a distance). But, crazy theories ahead, I really hope that button just opens the entrance to Alexia's chamber. When he died in front of Alexia in the original CV/x, I always found the scene dramatically haunting. And somewhat sad.
          One can only hope; it's one of the most important scenes in the game. I would hate it to see it cut, and I am sure Emma would.

Comment

• I really don't think it's necessary; it does add more emotion to the scene, yes, but it isn't really needed to get the message across that Alfred loved his sister and that she's now ready to unleash hell.
            A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• Regardless of whether or not he dies in front of her, I think having Alfred wake Alexia (assuming for the sake of argument that's what the button on the snow globe does) makes a whole lot more sense than her just happening to awake from her 15 year slumber at the exact moment Claire and Steve were escaping. Not to mention, how did she know that Claire and Steve were escaping, or that they were even responsible for what all had happened, including the death of Alfred? It was all just a little too convenient, even for Resident Evil.

Comment

• It really was not a coincidence : Alexia somehow knew exactly what happened to Alfred and she purposely freed herself to avenge his death, not because she loved him, but for pride. How did she know ? Psychic powers... nah, just kidding with you amigo. Or am I ?

Comment

Anyone else hope Alfred still dies in front of Alexia?
                  Of course. But knowing Capcom, Alfred will probably mutate and we'll fight him...
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
                    I really don't think it's necessary; it does add more emotion to the scene, yes, but it isn't really needed to get the message across that Alfred loved his sister and that she's now ready to unleash hell.
                    Yeah, but Alfred's dying could be seen as part of the reason behind her wanting to unleash said hell.

Not to mention, I always found it kinda weird that she decided to inject STEVE with the virus, then hang Claire out to dry. Seemed like she wanted Claire to witness the death of a loved one, just as Alexia had to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                      Of course. But knowing Capcom, Alfred will probably mutate and we'll fight him...
                      I was thinking about this too.. Something I always liked about Alfred was that he was one of the few RE villains that mutates. If they change his death scene and he does not die near Alexia, he can't be put in her cryo chamber safe from infection.. (Actually, I've always wondered why Alexia put him in there.. It makes me laugh when I think about it.. XD..)

I guess there's a chance we'll be fighting an Alfred zombie, then! Can't imagine it being very challenging..
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                        (Actually, I've always wondered why Alexia put him in there.. It makes me laugh when I think about it.. XD..)
                        I always kind of figured she put him in there for further experimentation later, since he wasn't much good to her for anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          I always kind of figured she put him in there for further experimentation later, since he wasn't much good to her for anything else.
                          Ha-ha, that makes sense! I bet that was the exact reason! A much more logical conclusion than my theory of her planning to bury him in the Pet Cemetery.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The way I interpreted was a little more...dramatic.

I always thought that Capcom had Alexia put him in the chamber as some kind of symbol of the relationship between the twins. As one twin dies, another lives again, that sort of thing. Alexia has been 'sleeping' for so long in that chamber, and now it's a sort of switching of places. Now Alfred must 'sleep' and Alexia can walk the earth again.

I dunno. I guess that's just me trying to romanticize things, it could be for further experimentation, like possible cloning another Alfred?

Comment

• Can we not have both? Can't Alfred sit dying in his office and use the snow globe to start the process to awaken her, then make his way down to her chamber where he finally gives up the ghost just as she emerges?
                              "I've got 100 cows."
                              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                                Can we not have both? Can't Alfred sit dying in his office and use the snow globe to start the process to awaken her, then make his way down to her chamber where he finally gives up the ghost just as she emerges?
                                The original point behind the scene is still lost in that case, Alfred was not expecting her to wake up at that exact moment. Hence the look of shock and surprise on his face and his gasps.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X