Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
    So, here is my first comparision image featuring Annette, Sherry, and everyone's favorite police chief rapist Brian Irons. . .

It's nice to see that Capcom has stayed true to the old school feel of the character's design, while digesting them all with the new bits of yummy grahpical technology. The biggest improvement being Sherry, so she doesn't look like some weird alien-face anymore. Kinda like Jill's RE3 promo model. That face never did look right.
    Yeah, they all look really nice. For some reason, all the women in RE2 always looked so chubby-faced, especially Sherry and Clarie. Annette to a lesser extent, but... yeah. Seeing such beautiful improvement is spectacular. I, too, love how they stayed true to form as far as their appearances. I think the Birkin family looks amazing!

Jill looks so incredibly awkward in RE3. To me, she looks the worst in the FMVs. Her body shape is so weird. Proportions are all screwed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
      Nice.
      Thanks. I have more on the way, hehe.

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
      Yeah, they all look really nice. For some reason, all the women in RE2 always looked so chubby-faced, especially Sherry and Clarie. Annette to a lesser extent, but... yeah. Seeing such beautiful improvement is spectacular. I, too, love how they stayed true to form as far as their appearances. I think the Birkin family looks amazing!

Jill looks so incredibly awkward in RE3. To me, she looks the worst in the FMVs. Her body shape is so weird. Proportions are all screwed up.
      The new models are what makes DSC such a damn shame. A proper remake would have just sealed the deal as far as a killer-ap game. But anyways, the new VA's as well are sweet concerning Annette and Sherry and Irons. Though, honestly, my concern is how Annette seems too sane for her own good considering how RE2 actually went, or Sherry seemingly unconcerned about her parents, but that's charactization.

Irons--I gotta say, his old VA actually is like the only RE2 VA that holds up to me. (Not that the majority of RE2 VA stuff was bad or anything, but as far as sounding most convincing and natural). That guy really sold Irons as nuts, though, the new VA he has(if it is, which I'm sure it is) probably has the right chops to pull it off.

And as far as Jill's RE3 model, it reminds me of Ada's RE2 Promo image, which is just about ad weird in itself, (I'll have to find that image). Thankfully, REmake fixed Jill Valentine's face for good! You just gotta love her eyes. . .
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
        The new models are what makes DSC such a damn shame. A proper remake would have just sealed the deal as far as a killer-ap game.
        Very true. :[ Though, admittedly, sometimes I do not want a remake, fearing the gamplay would be butchered. If it were to have the gameplay mechanics of REmake and the flawless graphics of DSC, I would be beyond happy. Distant dreams... distant dreams...

I wish Capcom would release some nice, high-quality renders of Sherry and Ada. The Leon/Claire/Steve/Krauer ones are so pretty and detailed, and I'd like renders of the other characters, too.

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
        But anyways, the new VA's as well are sweet concerning Annette and Sherry and Irons. Though, honestly, my concern is how Annette seems too sane for her own good considering how RE2 actually went, or Sherry seemingly unconcerned about her parents, but that's charactization.
        Crazy!Annette was great fun, so hopefully that part of her personality is still intact and we just haven't seen it in the trailers yet. As for Sherry, maybe it's just how I always interpreted her character, but I thought a personal disconnection from her parents was always inevitable, despite not being directly present during the course of RE2. I saw it more post-RE2, but since they are weaving it into DSC, I can't help but wonder if it will eventually hold some ground in a future storyline for her (unless her story is directly wrapped up after the events of RE2 with her being in the government's custody, as we know of now). Truthfully, I'm not too bothered by that change. It seems more realistic that, at her age, she would have closed herself off from her parents to some degree, so hearing her say she doesn't miss her parents was actually quite... interesting... to me.

Comment

• Javier has just been recently shown in scans. Any thoughts?

He reminded me of Grande from Degen.

Comment

• I think he is channeling Robert Downey Jr.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
              I think he is channeling Robert Downey Jr.
              Now that you mention it...

Comment

• Is it just me, or does Annette from DSC kinda look like Alyssa from Outbreak?

Also, Javier reminds me of Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath.
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Annette looks like a pale, sick, off-the-deep-end version of Alyssa. In that picture, at least.

Comment

• Yesss, that was one thing I loved seeing when more DSC stuff was coming out. The characters look gorgeous, yet still so familiar.

And I really like how Javier looks.

Comment

• Manuella will be Javier's daughter in a really sad attempt to recreated the horror of Lisa Trevor's story.

Comment

• I was actually gonna joke about BETS ON HER BEING HIS SISTER or something. But you never know, they could go that route.

Comment

• Anyone else hoping that Krauser's RE4 VA returns? Last damn trailer had to be all music so I can't tell.

Comment

• Definitely. Jim Ward kicked ass as his VA. He has that true, villain-like voice. I don't think anyone could've did Krauser any better, honestly. If they substitute someone for him, it'll suck a ton; just like Ada's voice in Umbrella Chronicles.

Comment

• As much as I hate Krauser, I did like his VA.

Comment

• Krauser's RE4 VA must return!!!!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X