Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Alfred waking her up in a separate room via. snowglobe is naffing up one of my favourite and most powerful/emotional scenes in the whole game. There was no need to change it at all. I'm also not pleased about how they describe Alexia as "wanting to restore her family glory" and that's why she injected herself with the T-Veronica virus. In the original, she never stated anywhere that was her intent, but she stated a LOT to the contrary. Take the quote in my signature.

For me to obtain unlimited power, some risks need to be taken. When I awaken, I will be the queen... And the "T-Veronica" virus will be unleashed upon the entire world by my children. Every last creature on earth will exist to serve me. At that time, the world will achieve the perfect ecosystem, just like an anthill, but on a much grander scale.
    Then you get Alexander;

However, the girl had unmatched intelligence that easily allowed her to be classified as a genius. She was exactly what I had been looking for, the revival of our great ancestor.

I already determined their names; the girl's name, Alexia, and the boy's name, Alfred.

I'm certain that Alexia will elevate the name of the Ashford family to extreme glory.

Alexander Ashford
    It's quite clear even from that quote alone that she never had any intention of doing it to restore her former family glory. That's what Alexander wanted and why he initiated the CODE: Veronica project to begin with. Alexia didn't care for that and she wanted complete, unlimited power and for everything to serve her. She wanted to be Queen, not have the Ashfords on the front page of Scientist Weekly. It's these character changes that are really starting to rack me off.
    Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 10-17-2009, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• you speak of character changes? Where is it stated that Alexia wants to re-establish her family's fallen honour, or is that just the producers talking? If so, i wouldn't worry too much. Its pretty obvious in the game she doesn't give a shit about family Ashford and i'm sure Darkside won't be changing that.
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Do we even know that Alfred really is waking Alexia up via the snowglobe? Maybe the globe just opens a passage to the chamber where Alexia is sleeping.

Comment

• Per the following clip, it seems plausible to assume that Leon might well be the narrator for this game as Wesker was for UC. Funnily enough, it sort of lends credence to the idea that Leon is the good-guy equivalent of Wesker pre-RE5 (the guy that's always in the shadows and that seems to have a hand in multiple events throughout the series)

Visita il mio sito Web : http://www.raccoontimes.comCommenta sul Forum http://www.raccoontimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=398Da Official Nintendo Magazine...
          Last edited by DarkMemories; 10-19-2009, 06:44 PM.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I had to do a double take, because Leon actually walks and shoots at the same time in that video, ha ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
              Per the following clip, it seems plausible to assume that Leon might well be the narrator for this game as Wesker was for UC. Funnily enough, it sort of lends credence to the idea that Leon is the good-guy equivalent of Wesker pre-RE5 (the guy that's always in the shadows and that seems to have a hand in multiple events throughout the series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGiD2MmNGxk

Is it bad that I am loving the extremely campy dialogue?

Comment

Wow, cool videos!

Spoiler:

Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Per the following clip, it seems plausible to assume that Leon might well be the narrator for this game as Wesker was for UC. Funnily enough, it sort of lends credence to the idea that Leon is the good-guy equivalent of Wesker pre-RE5 (the guy that's always in the shadows and that seems to have a hand in multiple events throughout the series)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGiD2MmNGxk
                  I liked how they did the redone intro of RE2. Still has the the original RE2's elements and feel.

I also liked how Claire used the knife in the intro. No matter how cheesy, that was badass.

EDIT: KENDO!! NO!!!
                  Last edited by Ray; 10-20-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post

I also liked how Claire used the knife in the intro. No matter how cheesy, that was badass.

EDIT: KENDO!! NO!!!
                    Ugh...no.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• I also liked how Claire used the knife in the intro. No matter how cheesy, that was badass.
                      I thought it looked extremely fake. Leon's eyes tracking the knife was retarded beyond belief. The animations aren't very nice in that scene either.

And what the hell is the zombie that gets a knife through the head holding in his hand? Is that a rose or something?
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        And what the hell is the zombie that gets a knife through the head holding in his hand?
                        He doesn't even get the knife through his head. It hits him in the chest, which begs the question, how did he die?

As for what he's holding, it's a crowbar.

You know, one of the recent previews mentioned that the game was presented as a series of flashbacks rather than one cohesive narrative. Since Leon seems to narrate at least the intro to the RE2 scenario, I wonder if the game will actually start with the Operation: Javier scenario, and then when Krauser tells Leon he wants to know everything that Leon has been through regarding BOW's and Umbrella, maybe that's when the RE2 scenario starts.

Though it wouldn't make much sense to have Leon narrate the CV scenario, so there's no telling how they might handle that. Unless he's recounting what Claire or Chris presumably told him about their exploits on Rockfort Island and then Antarctica.
                        Last edited by Archelon; 10-21-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• As for what he's holding, it's a crowbar.
                          Why is a zombie (a cop zombie no less) wandering around with a crowbar? The fuck Capcom haha
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Eh, Claire has done some super-human stuff before. You know, CV/x and all.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I think the knife-throwing scene is cheesy. BadASS yes, but just... way too cheesy. Even for RE standards (well, mainly pre-RE4 standards).

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkMemories
                              Yeah, I feel the same. Leon's importance keeps growing up and I won't be surprised to see Leon as the main protagonist of a "final" RE game.

The only important story arc left is the Leon/Ada plot IMO
                              But I don't think DSC will end that story. I see this game as a sort of prologue to RE6, just like UC was to RE5.

However, there is one thing that is bugging me : How does the theme of the "darkside" relate to Leon, assuming he's the "main character" of the game?
                              Last edited by Grem; 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post

As for what he's holding, it's a crowbar.
                                I find that rather interesting; it's probably nothing but an oversight on Cavia's part, but could we possibly experience some zombies using actual weapons (likely in the Operation Javier scenario)?
                                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X