Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricell isn't quite dead. (Mansion Incident / Raccoon City Redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
    Yet seemingly for every nice line of text you've had to say about the site, you've then followed it up with line after line of how bad it was as well at times haha

Either way, glad the whole pile of shit has desceneded into the garbage it is now!
    It wasn't like a Nazi regime. It was decent when Manji ran it and then it descended into a corrupt "monarchy" when he left. It was far from perfect, me and ELF butted heads constantly, but I've seen more "Nazi" like sites in the past. The content on it was always shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      It wasn't like a Nazi regime. It was decent when Manji ran it and then it descended into a corrupt "monarchy" when he left.
      I think Tricell got away nicely, though. Excella ran it pretty well. Tons better than the mansion incident and the Raccoon City disaster!

Comment

• Comment

• This topic really went off-topic. I love being reminded of how stuff started on various sites and all that, but... let's have someone make a thread for walking down memory lane, instead of derailing this one even further (if that's even possible)?

I don't care if said "remember this?"-thread ends up in the RE discussion forum or off-topic forum.

Comment

• Informative OP. Loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grem View Post
              We are forced to believe that Lost In Nightmares takes place in 2006 since Jill's tombstone established her death at 2006.
              Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              I agree but surely the three years difference between the ages regardless is the in game proof you so desire that the game is set in 2009 and not 2008. Jill says in LIN that Raccoon City was eight years ago so that rules out 2005 straight away.
              Good observations, you two.

What we can determine now is that (if her birthyear is 1974), she has to be 31 in "Lost in Nightmares" (2006), just as Chris has to be 33. Add three more years for RE5 (which they both have their birthday in before the start of the game) and you get 36 for Chris and 34 for Jill. So, yeah: Ages are wrong no matter how you shift it around.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Lost In Nightmares ~ August 2006 ('first night of autumn' is either the 1st or 2nd, depending on the cultural reference)
              But the first night of autumn 2006 was September 23. :/

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
              If Suzuki was rejected for her lack of experience, how old is she or rather, how much experience DOES she have? Alomar has been with the BSAA for about 5+ years (she's been with the BSAA since she was 17/18; at 15 she stopped the guerrilla group she was a part of from buying a B.O.W. and was then brought to America where it took her a few months to learn English (this could have brought her to the age of 16) then went to college for 2 years before she joined the BSAA). Sure she's been living the guerrilla life since she was 8 or 9 and she could have picked up a lot of stuff in the 7 years she was with them, but how much experience does a SOA need in order to be paired up with a SOA that has level 10 action authority?
              The whole BSAA hierarchy is insanely stupid. Ryan is not allowed to relay information to Chris during a mission, yet he has a say in which partner to assign him?
              Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• But the first night of autumn 2006 was September 23. :/
                Not really actually. That's only for certain places. The first day/night of autumn varies depending on culture, time-zone, country, northern/southern hemisphere, etc. August 1/2 is a common autumn date which dates back to Medieval Europe. Given Spencer's origins, it seems to be logical.

The beginning of Autumn observances:
                Lughnasadh, traditionally begins on the eve of August 1. (Gaels, Ireland, Scotland, Neopagans)
                Lammas (England, Scotland, Neopagans)
                That, and the Archives II and Biohazard CHRONICLE timelines state August. September isn't mentioned once.
                Last edited by News Bot; 03-19-2011, 09:57 AM.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Not really actually. That's only for certain places. The first day/night of autumn varies depending on culture, time-zone, country, northern/southern hemisphere, etc. August 1/2 is a common autumn date which dates back to Medieval Europe. Given Spencer's origins, it seems to be logical.
                  Can't find anything about August being the "official" beginning of autumn, those are just religious connections. The real autumn months on the Northern hemisphere are September, October and November, with the traditional start being the autumnal equinox, or September equinox – which in 2006 was September 23 (the date varies between September 22/23).

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  That, and the Archives II and Biohazard CHRONICLE timelines state August. September isn't mentioned once.
                  Well, you know how I think about those. ;)
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Well, you know how I think about those. ;)
                    Agree to disagree then. I'm taking the most official explanation given.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Just catching up on a lot of Resident Evil stuff for the first time in months, and it's really great to see all these projects, timelines and other materials getting translated. Seems i've a lot of reading to catch up on!

Thanks to all, nice to see the community still going strong
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X