Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it exact like dark biohazard has said

Now we just have to rip the 1996-01-31 beta`s backgrounds

This disc contains the backgrounds in .bss files, which is a bit more work but also possible if you have the time and patience

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
      1-Movie Converter 3.4 (open .bs files and convert to uncompressed .avi compilation images).
      2-Virtuadub (to save .avi as images sequence).
      Can you upload it somewhere? I've only 3.1

Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
      I did it exact like dark biohazard has said

Now we just have to rip the 1996-01-31 beta`s backgrounds

This disc contains the backgrounds in .bss files, which is a bit more work but also possible if you have the time and patience
      I'm uploading STAGE5 right now, one moment

Edit, here they are:

Beta 31/01 Backgrounds

STAGE1
      STAGE2
      STAGE3
      STAGE4
      STAGE5

.BMP
      Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-03-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• I know everyone's totally crazy for that new debug sample build but I found something important in the 08/04 (V-Jump) build which is worth checking out!

I FOUND THE ENEMY SPAWNS!!!

They are at 0x742CC! (This address is the Hunter in the Hallway behind the Dining Room, all other enemies and NPC's are below that address)

We can change an enemy into another one by messing with this, so if anyone's interested, how about taking a look and helping me getting this thing to work?
        I'd love to see the Chimera in this build...

Currently it only affects the AI but not the model when I try to replace an enemy with another enemy type...

UPDATE:
        I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Look what I did with Jill:

I feel good now...
        Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-03-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Guys, in 31/01 both characters are invincible! Anyone have GameShark code to switch off immortality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
            I know everyone's totally crazy for that new debug sample build but I found something important in the 08/04 (V-Jump) build which is worth checking out!

They are at 0x742D0! (This address is the 1st Zombie in the Dining Room, all other enemies and NPC's are below that address)

We can change an enemy into another one by messing with this, so if anyone's interested, how about taking a look and helping me getting this this to work?

Currently it only affects the AI but not the model when I try to replace an enemy with another enemy type...
            If I only know how and where I've to change those values

Edit:

UPDATE:
            IT F*CKIN WORKS!!!

I feel good now...
            Very good!
            Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• This is great!
              So much easier and faster than the time consuming RTD editing we've done before when we wanted to replace enemies!

Now I just have to find the item spawns and port both codes over to all other Biohazard builds and we'll be able to create our own "RE Director's Cut" with ease!

Just look what happened when I tried to spawn the Yawn (Giant Snake) into the Main Hall:

The demo ending is not specifically coded into the store room, instead it is always triggered by the Yawn...
              I previously assumed it to be a simple room event, just like all the other scripted cutscenes...

Edit:
              Hey, this means that we'll be able to explore the store room if we remove the snake spawn from that room!
              I'll try that right now!
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                I have ripped the backgrounds from Beta (1995-08-04) and (1995-10-04)

download them here
                Thanks, i'm going to download it.
                I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                  I know everyone's totally crazy for that new debug sample build but I found something important in the 08/04 (V-Jump) build which is worth checking out!

They are at 0x742D0! (This address is the 1st Zombie in the Dining Room, all other enemies and NPC's are below that address)

We can change an enemy into another one by messing with this, so if anyone's interested, how about taking a look and helping me getting this this to work?

UPDATE:
                  IT F*CKIN WORKS!!!

I feel good now...
                  great!
                  I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• This looks a bit "wrong", doesn't it?

So it worked, I can walk around inside the store room!
                    However, the background music is annoying (the snake sounds are part of the music!), there's only this one camera angle and when you walk behind the walls to the left or right strange graphical glitches happen to your character! (As you can see on the picture)

I'll see if I can get the Chimera to appear and then I'll port this over to the other Biohazard samples in a handy Gameshark Code format so you guys can have some fun and enjoy customized enemy battles for yourselves!
                    (I can't wait to finally see the first Tyrant Spam mod for RE1 on the PSX)
                    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-03-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
                      Those damn wooden log and oil can items are back again - and again they don't do f*** all. Anyone have any idea how to use them?
                      The consensus was more or less to use them in the chimney. Maybe the wood in the chimney, the oil on the wood, then the lighter on the wood.
                      Or, the oil is some "gas for lighter" thing, as it was finally used in RE3.

Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                      I have ripped the backgrounds from Beta (1995-08-04) and (1995-10-04)

download them here
                      Link doesn't work

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                      I'm uploading STAGE5 right now, one moment

Edit, here they are:

Beta 31/01 Backgrounds
                      Thank you

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post

Great job, Upaluppa Looks like you can do what Dominion discovered a few years ago. Now we can create our own RE1 story(ies)
                      Last edited by imacwesker; 04-03-2011, 11:35 AM.
                      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                        Looks like you can do what Dominion discovered a few years ago. Now we can create our own RE1 story(ies)
                        Dominion never revealed how he did it, or am I mistaken?
                        I always assumed he edited the RDT files to do his enemy replacements but who knows for sure...
                        (The things you have shown in your youtube videos of Dominion's early work)

Well, doing it directly in the RAM is probably the better method because it doesn't mess with the file size of the RDT, causing the PSX executable to stop working...
                        I haven't tried adding completely new enemies into a room yet, so far I have just replaced existing ones but I bet it can be done!

Also I still haven't found the Chimera yet...
                        It's going to take time to go through all the enemy ID's until I pick the right one. (Many of them just crash the game or spawn nothing)
                        Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-03-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

The consensus was more or less to use them in the chimney. Maybe the wood in the chimney, the oil on the wood, then the lighter on the wood.
                          Or, the oil is some "gas for lighter" thing, as it was finally used in RE3.

There is also this, actually it's a wood boiler, the camera angle is strange for an object that serves only as placeholder.

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                          Also I still haven't found the Chimera yet...
                          It's going to take time to go through all the enemy ID's until I pick the right one. (Many of them just crash the game or spawn nothing)
                          Ehm... there are no Chimera's textures on build 8/4
                          Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-03-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• No, he didn't explain how he did it; I just assume that your way works the same as his way, that's all.
                            Also, I just remember that he said that he couldn't change the backgrounds in RE1 due to some technical problem/way of Capcom encoded them. But changing the amount of enemies or their location is good enough for me. This would allow us to create whole new stories
                            Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• @imacwesker

Don't know what you mean. The link to the early biohazard beta backgrounds are working Tested it few seconds ago.

@SonicBlue

thanks for the 01/31 backgrounds
                              Last edited by TheMortician; 04-03-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

No, he didn't explain how he did it; I just assume that your way works the same as his way, that's all.
                                Also, I just remember that he said that he couldn't change the backgrounds in RE1 due to some technical problem/way of Capcom encoded them. But changing the amount of enemies or their location is good enough for me. This would allow us to create whole new stories
                                Oh, I guess it doesn't matter whether my method is different or not as long as it works, right?
                                (I am no Dominion and I'll never be but I'm always trying to do the best I can!)

Even NPC's can be spawned:

But I have no clue how to change what they say...

At the moment I am only changing their type, being able to change their spawn coordinates (the location where they appear in the room) is equally important!
                                I'll have to look for some float values near the enemy ID's, the coordinates should be there somewhere!
                                (Isn't here an option which displays the coordinates in the debug menu of the debug sample build? That would be a major help in finding them!)

@SonicBlue:
                                But I have seen a prototype model of the Chimera not too long ago.

There:

I guess it must be from the 10/04 build then...
                                In this case I'll concentrate on finding the coordinates first and we can look for the Chimera after porting the code to the 10/04 build!
                                Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-03-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X