No announcement yet.

[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems to be legit, Debug working, but I've not checked the various parts, thanks a lot TheMortician ;)

Select for the Debug menu working with only controller 1, if I press it with controller 2 nothing happens

OMG!

L2 pause the game, not the BGM
    Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• And it works on the PSP, too! ;)
      Even my savegames from the normal Biohazard 1 work fine!

I'll start hacking codes for this build immediately!
      It's quite possible that there's more (yet unknown) debug features that can be accessed by some simple RAM modifying...

Edit:
      Just to let y'all know, this can't be the same as the final build content wise!
      The Emblem at the dining hall fireplace is not there!
      Just like it was absent in the Trial Edition!

Also the intro message ("...where they thought was safe...") is in the same Engrish as it was in the TE!
      And on the character select screen the "Hard" (Chris) and "Easy" (Jill) notes are absent.

Now if this build predates Yoshiki Okamoto's last minute improvements I'll be even happier!
      Can anyone confirm whether the item boxes and ink ribbons have not been touched yet?

I was always hoping that a build of Biohazard which predates the interconnecting boxes and ribbon x 3 changes would be released someday!
      It makes for a much more interesting challenge...

I can't wait to see if the latter parts of the game (those not included in the TE) are any different from the final build!

Edit2:
      That writing on the doors is not a glitch, it's a debug feature that was found in every Biohazard build so far!
      (It just wasn't activated)

The debug menu text is at 0x0101012A, by the way.

Edit3:
      IT DOES PREDATE OKAMOTO'S CHANGES, JUST HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?
      This is pretty much the Biohazard we would have gotten (sans the debug menu, of course) had he not rejected the game when it was shown to him shortly before the planned release!
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-01-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• ^This build is pretty broken, you can warp to some places but a lot of them you can't move (epsxe), and yeah seems some places crash the game... :/ Perhaps it's event related?
        Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
          Is it just me or does selecting the Room Change option crash the game?
          I really need that room jumping option...
          For me worked 4 times, like the picture I've taken, also the health is infinite (I'm using Jill for now)

Crashed for me when I've jumped from here to the hall, and then started the "Weskeeeeeeerrrrr" cutscene, I've tried to jump in another room and then Jill freezes, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
            ^This build is pretty broken, you can warp to some places but a lot of them you can't move (epsxe), and yeah seems some places crash the game... :/ Perhaps it's event related?
            I'm doing a little part of the correct walktrough, then I check if they crashes

Now the game doesn't freeze, I suggest you do the walkthrough almost to when Barry gives you the lockpick and make a savestate to that part
            Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Flag view seems to mark your progress through the game. It acts as a check list for certain sequences and I presume events. Not sure what else it marks, but might come useful for keeping tabs on crashes, assuming there's specific conditions causing it to happen.
              Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• The objects are in different locations, I love this build

Comment

• Played with Chris so far until Flag View Mode read "10110000" with the rest all zeros and now I'm not encountering any crashes on early maps (for example Tea Room), but later maps still freeze the controls and/or crash the game. Seems to be progress related...

Interesting note about Flag View Mode, if you hold down circle you can move the cursor over any bit you want. Perhaps it's possible to manually change values to alter your recorded progress?
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Damn, you can't combine the ammo clips

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                      Sorry if it came across as if I was rubbing it in. Generally I find MegaUpload to be rather random in regards to speeds, it was rather consistent for once, thought it might have been the same for everyone else. Guess not...
                      I ain't mad.

I finally downloaded all seven files. Each is numbered 001 002 003, etc. So how do I combine them into one?
                      If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by OKei View Post
                        I ain't mad.

I finally downloaded all seven files. Each is numbered 001 002 003, etc. So how do I combine them into one?
                        Use this.

Temukan daftar lengkap situs dan agen judi game slot online terpercaya melalui HOKI108. Bergabunglah sekarang untuk pengalaman berjudi yang aman dan menguntungkan!

I just got a ranom crash in the opening hall scene with Chris before he goes to investigate. :/ Game started lagging slightly and it just froze. Weird...
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• april fools eh? hehehe

Nice to see that it has still some value. I hope i get some time to explore this built in-depth sooner or later. 2011 seems to be the RE beta year

Could anyone activate the debug menu in the earlier betas by analyzing this build?

ps: I also recommend downloading from megaupload.com, I also had the best speed rate downloading there and had no problem to download one part after another with only a few seconds waiting between parts.
                          Last edited by TheMortician; 04-01-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                            april fools eh? hehehe

Nice to see that it has still some value. I hope i get some time to explore this built in-depth sooner or later. 2011 seems to be the RE beta year

Could anyone activate the debug menu in the earlier betas by analyzing this build?

ps: I also recommend downloading from megaupload.com, I also had the best speed rate downloading there and had no problem to download one part after another with only a few seconds waiting between parts.
                            Yeah same, MU was really fast with no d/l limit at all.

Okay figured out what that crash was, it wasn't random. When playing as Chris, don't open the debug menu before or during their opening conversation. If you do it at the wrong moment, Chris will say "I'll go and check" without actually moving to go and check (lol) and it will result in a crash. Seems debug menu pauses some actions and doesn't pause others, causing complications in cutscenes.

Comment

• yes, I had something similar. I opened the debug menu right after entering the dining room. Then I tried a room warp and was teleported back to the mainhall which caused the game to repeat the "I`ll go an check scene" shortly after that, the game crashed.

Comment

• I just noticed that the famous bloody message in the 2F stairs hallway is gone...
                                Now I am wondering if Trevor's Letter's are still included...

Comment

Working...
                                X