No announcement yet.

[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez just started this in EPSXE and the feedback on the speech is horrible, is that just me? Doesn't do that with any other games, might be a settings tweak needed or something.

Just a thought on it though, is there a chance this is just a hacked version of the final game with stuff from the samples? I'm only suggesting cause it sounds pretty broken for a 2 month pre-release beta and also it has a disc ID, there is a version out there without one that i assumed was from right before the game was submitted to retail.

Comment

• Hmmm.... makes you wonder if there were monthly review builds of RE1. If so there may be more out there.

Shame 1.5 doesn't seem to get the same love.

Comment

• Debug Menu - Hmm maybe now i'll be able to refind it for the V-Jump build, pressing select+start a few times brings up the options / controller config screen also, so it seems their linked somehow.

300B9CD4 00??
        00 = Off
        01 = On

Access item chest anytime - Enable then Disable each time you want access, As far as I tell all item boxes are linked in this build.
        D00BC178 0000
        300BC178 0001

Inventory
        300BC5AC 00??
        Off = 00
        On = 01
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rewak View Post
          Jeez just started this in EPSXE and the feedback on the speech is horrible, is that just me? Doesn't do that with any other games, might be a settings tweak needed or something.

Just a thought on it though, is there a chance this is just a hacked version of the final game with stuff from the samples? I'm only suggesting cause it sounds pretty broken for a 2 month pre-release beta and also it has a disc ID, there is a version out there without one that i assumed was from right before the game was submitted to retail.

Try this sound plugin, should fix things.

I don't know about a hack. It seems more to me like an evaluation build that was intended to be played from start to finish, thus the buggy debug menu. The game it's self seems to play fine, it's just debug options like warping that cause problems... Who knows though, probably only one or two people...
          Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
            Hmmm.... makes you wonder if there were monthly review builds of RE1. If so there may be more out there.

Shame 1.5 doesn't seem to get the same love.
            I've read an interview with Mikami about Biohazard 2 in which he stated that the development team showed him their progress with Biohazard 1 (1.5, actually) every month so he could say what he liked and what not...
            I am quite sure that this was no different during Biohazard 1's development.
            (I am not sure how reliable the interview is, it was an "Engrish" translation of a Japanese text, but this piece of info sounds pretty plausible to me)

Besides, this build doesn't look like a preview copy for some magazine. (With test textures on the doors, seriously?)
            I guess it must be an in-house WIP build... (Makes me wonder where it came from tough)

@kevstah2004:
            The config menu is accessed in every Biohazard/Resident Evil release by pressing Select+Start, not just this one...
            Only the Dual Shock version allows option changing directly from the title screen if I am not mistaken.

It took me quite a while to find out how to access the controller config in RE1 back then...

Edit:
            Does anybody remember seeing something like this before?

A similar sprite test was also included in early Biohazard 2 builds:

Back then I just had no clue how to use it. It did nothing more than displaying a few addresses and values...

In this BH1 beta you can actually control the sprite test with the 2nd controller!
            It crashed my game when I tried to spawn some random effect, but I bet it is possible to do something interesting with it by entering a working ID and coordinates which are within the room boundaries!
            Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-01-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              http://www.zophar.net/utilities/pssp...nd-driver.html

Try this sound plugin, should fix things.

Much better, thanks geluda!
              Last edited by rewak; 04-01-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Now I've to figure out what is it

description:

after check:
                Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Looks like the Master Key from Bio2

Comment

• Nice! Wish I didn't have to go to bed soon.

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                    I've read an interview with Mikami about Biohazard 2 in which he stated that the development team showed him their progress with Biohazard 1 (1.5, actually) every month so he could say what he liked and what not...
                    I am quite sure that this was no different during Biohazard 1's development.
                    (I am not sure how reliable the interview is, it was an "Engrish" translation of a Japanese text, but this piece of info sounds pretty plausible to me)

Besides, this build doesn't look like a preview copy for some magazine. (With test textures on the doors, seriously?)
                    I guess it must be an in-house WIP build... (Makes me wonder where it came from tough)

@kevstah2004:
                    The config menu is accessed in every Biohazard/Resident Evil release by pressing Select+Start, not just this one...
                    Only the Dual Shock version allows option changing directly from the title screen if I am not mistaken.

It took me quite a while to find out how to access the controller config in RE1 back then...
                    So perhaps this was a build where someone in house evaluated the game as a whole from start to finish, where things like debug options actually functioning correctly weren't a necessity? Unless everyone in Capcom knew exactly what they were doing in regards to map warping (this build seems to require some pretty intricate knowledge of what does and doesn't work), it doesn't make sense that a basic function like this would be buggy; unless of course it was a reject build (that could always explain how it slipped under the radar).
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Uploading PSP version.

I teleported to the end of the game, watched the credits, then things got weird heh. Text not showing up and stuff not loading

Comment

• Hell yes!

Comment

• CUT MODE = Stops / starts the camera angle switch.
                          EVENT TEST = Press up / down on controller 1 to change event.
                          VOICE TEST = Press circle on controller 1 to play 00 to 85.
                          SOUND TEST = Controller 2 d-pad changes the X and Y values.
                          ADJUST LIGHTING = Use triangle / circle on controller 1 to increase / decrease values.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post

Hell yes!
                            They are also in the final game, so nothing new here...
                            Only the Director's Cut does not have the Dumdum Rounds, they were replaced with the alternate S.T.A.R.S. Handgun.

Or are you actually trying to say that they have a different effect when fired with the Colt in this build?
                            Now that would be too cool to be true...

Edit:
                            Does the ammo counter for the Colt Python change to an orange color when you load it with Dumdum Rounds?
                            I know that it does in the Trial Edition, but somehow I seem to remember that the counter stayed green in the final build, or am I mistaken?

Edit2:
                            I am stupid, your picture actually shows the orange number, so it's still in there.
                            Sorry for asking before checking the pictures...

Something else:
                            You actually found them in a room while playing, didn't you?
                            Now that's awesome, they obviously weren't available without hacking in any other build we have played so far!
                            Makes me wonder if the Magnum Rounds are also available or if you only get Dumdums in this build (again, without hacking)...

The Trial Edition only had the Magnum Rounds as pickups available in rooms, if I remember correctly.
                            Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-02-2011, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• More on the Flag menu.

Go into debug menu and activate Flag View Mode, hold CIRCLE to move the green cursor with the d-pad, use L1 to switch menu. I'm not sure exactly what these are, but they appear to be milestones, maybe even potential "dip switches." They change with progess, these screens were taken after fifteen or so minutes play with Chris. You can see you have things like item flags which might indicate what items you have, or potentially can have. It'll be interesting to see how these change through the progress of the game and especially interesting if you can manipulate them your self.

R2 to change the values! Not sure why I didn't figure that out sooner. :/ Still not sure what it does though, if anything at all.
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                                They are also in the final game, so nothing new here...
                                Only the Director's Cut does not have the Dumdum Rounds, they were replaced with the alternate S.T.A.R.S. Handgun.

Or are you actually trying to say that they have a different effect when fired with the Colt in this build?
                                Now that would be too cool to be true...

Edit:
                                Does the ammo counter for the Colt Python change to an orange color when you load it with Dumdum rounds?
                                I know that it does in the Trial Edition, but somehow I seem to remember that the counter stayed green in the final build, or am I mistaken?

Edit2:
                                I am stupid, your picture actually shows the orange number, so it's still in there.
                                Sorry for asking before checking the pictures...

Something else:
                                You actually found them in a room while playing, didn't you?
                                Now that's awesome, they obviously weren't available without hacking in any other build we have played so far!
                                Makes me wonder if the magnum rounds are also available, or if you only get Dumdums in this build (again, without hacking)...
                                eheheh, they kill the Hunters with one hit, and yes, there are also the standard one (green), and also yes, I've found them in the room 717 LIBRARY B, solve the puzzle, and here they are, you have then to jump to the room 715 STUFFED ROOM, solve the puzzle, descend the stairs (remember to do that) and then warp to the 6xx tiger room
                                Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-01-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X