[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Action Replay v4.20 or GameShark v4 / v5 as those stop the disc
    CDX versions and possibly earlier versions won't work as Datel didn't include the correct logo data to pass the PLAYSTATON logo screen

The PS2 PS1 emulator should work also.
    Last edited by kevstah2004; 03-25-2011, 03:11 AM.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      As I understand it, he basically had the game for a few hours, with the owner standing there, holding a big stick and an angry look. I may be wrong on this though.
      No, it's impossible. He couldn't possibly take all the screenshots and make the goromacida video in just a few hours during the same day.

And if the owner was there, he would have never allowed him to start such a mess to begin with.

Whatever most people think, he probably has the game, but fears more backfire from the community.

Comment

I've had several dealings with him and I don't believe he ever owned that disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
          No, it's impossible. He couldn't possibly take all the screenshots and make the goromacida video in just a few hours during the same day.

And if the owner was there, he would have never allowed him to start such a mess to begin with.

Whatever most people think, he probably has the game, but fears more backfire from the community.
          Ummm...good to know? Look, I haven't dealt with the guy personally. I'm going on what people I know and trust have told me. They don't believe he has the game. And they are the people who are most likely to know.

Now, I'm relatively the screenshots and videos thing is wrong. He could quite easily take those in a few hours, since he has a ton of experience. And equally, it's not impossible he was allowed to borrow the game a second time to make the Goro video after showing his friend the death threats he recieved and saying, 'Now let us fuck with them royally.'

I know some of the offers he's recieved for the game, including a few things that would melt your very mind from your skull and is exactly what he wants, but so far he hasn't traded. I honestly think, for some of the things he's been offered, he'd have done so if he had the option.

Comment

This is awsome.Im been itching to try these betas out.
            sigpic
            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Curator may or may not have a copy of 1.5. There really isn't any way to know for 100% certain.

The disc was sent to him for review. The owner wasn't there watching over his shoulder. He had it for at least a few days or a week if not a little more. Plenty of time to make all sorts of video and screenshots. He always said he had a lot more that he never showed (and can't/won't now because he "lost them" in a "virus which destroyed [his] hdd").

The question would be whether he made any copies or not. He definitely is not the owner of the original disc (as we know he is not the one who bought it out from under us and that guy apparently still has it). But I think most people would believe he made a copy. No reason he wouldn't have, and he had made a post a couple years prior to the 1.5 incident on one of his blogs that he had lost a beta due to disc rot and vowed that he would make 2 or more backup copies of any and every beta/proto he got his hands on. So it seems highly unlikely he wouldn't make his own copy (if not secretly/against the wishes of the owner) for his own private collection. Especially since he has mentioned he fears the disc being lost due to disc rot because the owner supposedly hasn't backed it up and just has it sealed in a display case.

While most people find it to be unlikely, it's not totally inconceivable he didn't make any copies and may actually not have a copy. Whatever the case, he says he doesn't have it and I doubt that story is gonna change. It won't come from him unless some unlikely variables occur.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                Curator may or may not have a copy of 1.5. There really isn't any way to know for 100% certain.

The disc was sent to him for review. The owner wasn't there watching over his shoulder. He had it for at least a few days or a week if not a little more. Plenty of time to make all sorts of video and screenshots. He always said he had a lot more that he never showed (and can't/won't now because he "lost them" in a "virus which destroyed [his] hdd").

The question would be whether he made any copies or not. He definitely is not the owner of the original disc (as we know he is not the one who bought it out from under us and that guy apparently still has it). But I think most people would believe he made a copy. No reason he wouldn't have, and he had made a post a couple years prior to the 1.5 incident on one of his blogs that he had lost a beta due to disc rot and vowed that he would make 2 or more backup copies of any and every beta/proto he got his hands on. So it seems highly unlikely he wouldn't make his own copy (if not secretly/against the wishes of the owner) for his own private collection. Especially since he has mentioned he fears the disc being lost due to disc rot because the owner supposedly hasn't backed it up and just has it sealed in a display case.

While most people find it to be unlikely, it's not totally inconceivable he didn't make any copies and may actually not have a copy. Whatever the case, he says he doesn't have it and I doubt that story is gonna change. It won't come from him unless some unlikely variables occur.

FINALLY, SOMEONE HEARD ME

Comment

And before people bring up the goromacida stuff and the community troll stuff. Yeah, they were most likely Curator, as all the evidence pointed to. He claims people were framing him, but what he doesn't seem to understand or acknowledge is that the exact same build and obvious legitimate footage/media were used to do it. Unless his source did it (unlikely), then it would had to have been someone who also had the game who did it. And that seems unlikely for it to be some random owner out there.

However, even if he was the culprit, it doesn't 100% mean he had a copy. Again, he had a lot of footage he never used and could easily be using that. A lot of people believe the footage on the ps-one lcd is a video and he's just pretending to play. Or maybe he made it while he still had the original disc, or maybe it was some kind of proof video from the actual owner. Or he has copies like everyone believes haha.

But again, either way, no real point in dwelling over him. Pestering him just makes things worse. It's been pointed out he's been selling a lot of his collection over the last year. I hear he's not doing too well. Maybe, just maybe, sometime in the future if he has a copy he'll just say "screw it" and sell it for a price we can pay. That or maybe the owner will finally sell it.

But in the meantime, there -are- other copies out there. I've got some solid leads and a practically confirmed source in Europe. And there's bound to be a few in Japan. I know a lot of people have lost hope. But you just never know. There are still betas and unreleased stuff from even before 1.5 that still surface and get leaked and stuff today.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                    There are still betas and unreleased stuff from even before 1.5 that still surface and get leaked and stuff today.
                    What I don't understand is that there are minor things like various BH1 protos that pop up here and there, while the actual big deal, BH1.5, still can't be found.

I'm still surprised early versions of BH1 survived the past 16 years and finally end up being public (thank you guys) while something as popular as BH1.5 is still hidden.

Maybe it's victim of its own popularity? I don't really understand. What's funny is that it even seems "popular" among people who can't really be nostalgic of that time because they are too young. But what I wonder is how popular it really is. I think we're just being a very noisy minority, and most people aren't really interested in that kind of stuff.

It would be interesting to know how japanese fans really feel about it. If there was a japanese THIA counterpart, they would have probably found it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Install ImgBurn

Select Write an image file to disc and select either of the two CUE/BIN sets.

Hit up the write/burn button (preferably use expensive CD-R media and write at a lower speed.)

Should do the trick.
                      Thank you for this help but the program wont find the files as the are ".rar" files, do I need to change them or something???

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                        Thank you for this help but the program wont find the files as the are ".rar" files, do I need to change them or something???

then click downloads to get the winRAR program you need.
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          What I don't understand is that there are minor things like various BH1 protos that pop up here and there, while the actual big deal, BH1.5, still can't be found.

I'm still surprised early versions of BH1 survived the past 16 years and finally end up being public (thank you guys) while something as popular as BH1.5 is still hidden.

Maybe it's victim of its own popularity? I don't really understand. What's funny is that it even seems "popular" among people who can't really be nostalgic of that time because they are too young. But what I wonder is how popular it really is. I think we're just being a very noisy minority, and most people aren't really interested in that kind of stuff.

It would be interesting to know how japanese fans really feel about it. If there was a japanese THIA counterpart, they would have probably found it by now.
                          While the BH1 early versions are also a good point, I was even really talking more about other games. There's atari, C64, 3D0, NES, ect. betas and protos that people thought were long lost that are still continuing to surface. There is always a possibility of a release or full-coverage to never happen for 1.5, but it's not like there's no precedent for betas/unreleased games that are 15-20+ years old that finally surface or reach the right hands.

But yeah, I find it so odd how 1.5 has never made it out. It was so popular in the magazines and hype at the time.

As for the Japanese side of the field, according to associates from other sites that talk to Japanese fans, they mostly don't care about 1.5 or betas and such. I'm sure they've got some fans amongst them, but compared to western fans, not as much.

I don't think 1.5 really is as popular anymore as it was even a couple years ago. It's a vocal minority I think. Unfortunately some fans are just vocal in the wrong kind of way, which is a shame. Most major collectors I've talked to aren't that interested in it and/or think it's not worth as much as hyped over the years. The collectors within our communities aren't the kind of collectors to pay huge sums when compared to crazy collectors in the Atari/NES/ect. communities that pay $10k for some rare games (like $44k for Air Raid w/box, which was a -released- game for the atari, just rare now). So until the current owner(s) figure out that they aren't gonna get the $10k+ they want, it's probably just gonna continue to sit in a display case on someone's wall till the disc rots.
                          sigpic

Comment

What I can't believe is WHY THE HECK CAPCOM CANCELLED THE GAME?????

It was 80% complete, if it was to scrap the game, why didn't they scrap it before, like, if what they said "This is not resident evil" is real, then they would had to scrap it even before it was created. And the producing team must have been too much pissed off for working in 1 year for something that could have been a success.

Comment

Well the two betas were fun to play, don't know if anyone noticed this but in 0804 the knife just attacks, no aiming necessary, and in 1004 it has a weird kung-fu esq stance (Jill looks like she uppercuts aiming up with the knife). Also if you hold the run button, you can make the characters turn faster on the spot.

They were fun to have a quick bash with. So thanks go to those who made it possible.

Also, if no one else noticed this, in 0804 if you are fed up of walking, double press up and the character will run.

Comment

Say, did anyone try hacking one of these builds yet?
                                I am quite certain that there are debugging features, unused items and the like which we should be able to unlock...

I'm taking a look at some memory dumps at the moment, hoping to find something worth posting here...

So far I've just "discovered" (while playing this thing) a built in debug ammo refill option in the 10/04 build which doesn't need to be unlocked.
                                (Press Triangle while standing still to use it, a "reloading" or "shooting" sound signals that it worked)

And for the sake of posting a random picture:

(A useless text edit, yay!)

Edit:
                                Any ideas on what "OVERLAY EM00:ZOMBI" could be referring to?
                                Last edited by Upaluppa; 03-26-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X