No announcement yet.

[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get the Event Test working select an option and press circle, I just got the key out from behind the grand clock in the dining room by activating the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      To get the Event Test working select an option and press circle, I just got the key out from behind the grand clock in the dining room by activating the event.
      Cool!
      I already thought event test would not work at all, but I was just pressing the wrong button it seems...

There are so many events in Resident Evil that I bet I still haven't seen all of them, even tough I must have finished the game a hundred times by now...
      I guess the event test could be useful in finding some of them which I have no clue how to trigger in a normal playthrough!
      (The two zombies in the lighter fireplace room, for example)
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-02-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Ah ok - thanks Dot/Jerome! I thought it looked vaguely familiar!

Something I found is that if you activate the first common flag on the second row of the first column, and then select some of the room flags on the first row of the last column (towards the end) you'll get some interesting menus and camera changes. I think for some of them it just scrolls through all the text in the room, it crashes a lot though (for example I think it tries to load the blood on the wall) - here's some I did:

Last edited by Scream; 04-02-2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• This build really is quite a treat to be playing, buggy as hell but it's fun to play around with the fully unlocked debug menu, makes me wonder what BH2v1 is like (but that's for another day)...

Comment

• Ah, it seems to be a texture/memory viewer of some sort.

Is this a function of the debug menu? (haven't tested all the options yet) or something else?

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted but the botany file can also be found on the terrace (the second version 712 not 212)

Kinda weird though, its not actually on the desk, its on the floor.

Comment

• If the statue doesn't give you the map, where it is?

館1階の地図がある取りますか?

ドドドべ77745677づ

Do take a map of the 1st Floor?

All Dzu Dododo 77745677

Then the game hangs

Scream, the texture viewer that you just found is amazing
                Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-02-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Noticed this changing between 00, 10 and 11 it's 11 when you start off in Hall with Chris, 00 in the dining room and 10 when you get told to recheck by Wesker and 11 in the grounds keeper zombie encounter corridor.

Also has anyone noticed you have infinite health in this build? I can't get it to decrease and only the Hunter's kill you by decapitation?

Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-02-2011, 11:56 AM.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Yes for the infinite healt, you get poison status by the Yawn btw.

After discovering the body

Comment

• So to play these betas on the real PlayStation, all you have to do is download the ISO, burn it to a CD, and then use a GameShark CD with the swap trick to get the beta to run? It is as simple as that?

Because honestly, I would much rather play the betas on the real thing than on an emulator. It just feels more real on the actual PlayStation, and you can actually use the PlayStation controller rather than the keyboard or other computer controller.
                      Last edited by RetroRain; 04-02-2011, 01:14 PM.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• I understand what's going on with the flags now. It's how the game keeps progress of where items are, what enemies have been killed and what events have been activated as you transition from room to room, it basically acts as a check list to save your progress so everything that you've done stays the exact same way you've done it. I've started a (notably short lol) playthrough of the game and every action I take I've been looking at the flags and keeping a record of what happens (progress is slow). For example when you pick up an item, it checks it off on the flags so the game knows the item has been picked up and when you return to that area, the item will no longer be there. You can of course manipulate this in the flags and do stuff like this:

This is of course the same deal with everything else, for example killing the Zombie in the Tea Room next to Kennith's body will check it off the list so that when you return to the room, the game will remember that the Zombie has been killed and wont load it in upon entering the room. A weird thing to note is that Enemy flags and Key flags are both related, I haven't figured out why they're related yet, but killing an enemy will be marked off on both the Enemy list and the Key list. For another example, you can start the game and make a bit of progress so that Jill and Wesker dissapear from the Hallway, you can then leave, uncheck their corresponding Scenario flags and when you re-enter the room, the game will act as if that scenario never took place and Jill and Wesker will be back.

This build is freaking awesome, can't thank the uploader enough for letting this get out!
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Good to know i'm gonna start save comparisions in Hex Editor Neo then and see what matches the menus, here's a pattern colouring scheme file I created off the pc version last year should apply to all versions.
                          Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-02-2011, 03:00 PM.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• From what I can tell Status flags are a visual/physical representation of the game's event scripting. When, for example, you come across a cut scene, the game will run through a set event script that temporarally modifies the Status flag values to play out the scene in the way you see it, things like add boarders to the screen, play a sound file, an animation, or things like that. It has other random uses... Still got no idea what Stop flags, Room flags or Use flags are...
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                              From what I can tell Status flags are a visual/physical representation of the game's event scripting. When, for example, you come across a cut scene, the game will run through a set event script that temporarally modifies the Status flag values to play out the scene in the way you see it, things like add boarders to the screen, play a sound file, an animation, or things like that. It has other random uses... Still got no idea what Stop flags, Room flags or Use flags are...
                              Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post

It sets the last row from 11111111 to 00000000 when you read something.

And this when you move something and pick stuffs

To stop the enemies 11111011, to stop the character 11111110 in the last row of the Stop Flag

For now I've not found what flag sets that you have already pick that object in a room

Edit (sorry for all those edits lol)

The Enemy Flag and the Item Flag (the ones I'm testing right now) works only if you leave and reenter the room that you are modifying the values.
                              I don't know about the others values, I'm doing a complete walktrough to find out all the items checking the item flag

Comment

• Haha I'm doing the same thing, one thing I noticed was that picking up the Emblem out from the statue, and pulling the Emblem out of the fireplace, is considered two seperate items according to the flags. Weird... Who you doing? Jill? Please say Jill lol? I'm doing Chris... Another thing I noticed is that the ink ribbon in the blue statue room isn't even considered an item according to the flags, kind of annoying me because I can't respawn it.
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-02-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X