No announcement yet.

So what about Biohazard 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the source for the thing about BH3's scenario originally being on a ship? I've heard it myself and I recall it being an interview or some such but I haven't seen it in what feels like a decade (probably was a decade actually).

Flagship liked to re-use ideas, to great effect.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I gotta admit, I'm really curious about the ship thing myself. Would love to read anything about it. I imagine it was scrapped pretty damned early on though.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        Where is the source for the thing about BH3's scenario originally being on a ship? I've heard it myself and I recall it being an interview or some such but I haven't seen it in what feels like a decade (probably was a decade actually).

Flagship liked to re-use ideas, to great effect.
        Perhaps, over a long storyline process, it turned into Revelations? That stars Jill and is set on a ship. Either that or someone made up some bull shit about it supposed to have been RE3... I would expect anything like that to have got no further than drafting stages to be honest.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I read about it too, but in a not too reliable place. I've never seen a source of it either, and every document on the creation of RE3 points to the story being placed in Raccoon City from the beginning. I like to think it probably was someone's assumption based on the ending picture. I keep my mind open to see a source though.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
            Perhaps, over a long storyline process, it turned into Revelations? That stars Jill and is set on a ship. Either that or someone made up some bull shit about it supposed to have been RE3... I would expect anything like that to have got no further than drafting stages to be honest.
            You're forgetting GAIDEN and Heroes Never Die. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              You're forgetting GAIDEN and Heroes Never Die. ;D
              Haha, true, although I've never really considered them to be part of the main lineage.

Comment

I've looked for a source concerning this "ship" scenario and I couldn't find anything, which is why I asked Wesker.

I remember there was a discussion about this, long ago, maybe on BioFlames. For all I know, it could be somebody's assumption, but it never hurts to ask.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I don't recall anything about RE3 originally planned to be on a ship. o.O
                  sigpic

Comment

Issue 54 of opsm had a interview with Shinji covering re3, it also had a compo to win some trading cards.

Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-19-2011, 10:31 PM.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Transcript of the interview anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                        Haha, true, although I've never really considered them to be part of the main lineage.
                        Resident Evil Gaiden was just a quick cash-in after the GBC port of RE1 was canceled.
                        "Gaiden" actually means side story in Japanese.

Edit:
                        Gaiden implied that Barry escaped with a shape shifting B.O.W. instead of the real Leon.
                        How could that ever be part of the canon?

Imagine playing Resident Evil 4 as "Leon" only to find out that you were controlling some monster all the time at the end.
                        Makes no sense, I know. But I somehow think that it would have been a cool idea!
                        Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Now I am wondering if Leon's fate in Gaiden was in any way connected to his mysterious infection in the "Fog Version" of RE4...
                          Nope. For one thing, Leon is infected with the Progenitor virus in that version (and the version after it). He only becomes infected during the game, not from the beginning.

The confusion caused by GAIDEN is mostly as a result of Hiroki Kato getting in over his head. Sugimura and FLAGSHIP disregarded it completely.

Oh, and there is no "main lineage" with the games, at least not in the sense that most people state. The only exceptions to this are the mobile games and other such games like GAIDEN, Mercenaries VS., Outbreak Survive etc. GUN SURVIVOR is just as important as LAST ESCAPE and REVELATIONS is just as important as biohazard 4. And so on. The games aren't ranked by how important they are, because they're all equal as they were all written as part of the BIO-world and were meant to be part of a whole.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 04-20-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post

You know, magazine cover photos are a little bit useless.

Comment

Not if you know where to buy / find the other pages.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X