Resident Evil Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    All this drivel when you could have just said "Don't have to" and saved us the time? Disappointed. You don't have anything to back up your claim, and frankly now I don't care anymore why you think it's cheesy and awkward. So thanks for nothing.
    Here, here... don't fret. You started making sense when you indirectly agreed that it has some cheese (the REmake). And we can't continue to have this argument if you keep that up! We just can't.

Anywhoo... lets move on... some fresh Revelations stuff here:

New Preview came out today courtesy of videogamer.com:

While The Mercenaries 3D had its moments, the overall package was as scrawny as one of Resident Evil's classic skinless dogs. There's long been an assumption that of the two Resi games Capcom announced for the 3DS, Revelations would be the "proper" one. It's an assertion that Capcom itself is doing little to dispel; Mercs 3D may have been written off as a stop-gap game, but if that helps to make Revelations seem like a grander, more appetising prospect... well, so much the better.

And to be fair, there's already evidence that Revelations will be the full-fat Resi game we wanted in the first place.
    About Raid mode:

It has to be said that Raid has all the makings of an addictive little timewaster, especially as it seems to work well in local co-op, too. It's a more accessible shooter than The Mercs, but it could be potentially just as addictive. It certainly seems as if Capcom has been listening to its critics. Revelations seems to have overcome the animation problems that took the sheen off its predecessor, and this time we've been promised that we'll have the option to delete our save data. If Capcom can see fit to throw in online leaderboards, Raid could end up being the game that Resident Evil fans wanted Mercs 3D to be. Here's hoping.
    SOURCE: http://www.videogamer.com/3ds/reside...view-3236.html
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• For better or worse here's some Chris Redfield game play where he discusses thermal underwear and chihuahuas with Jessica.

Comment

• Just saw the Terragrigia video. This looks and sounds very much like Degeneration. Can't say if it's a good or a bad thing.

Weird, but when I see Terragrigia I can picture a place like this in the next 10 years.

Comment

• Guess I'll post these here too.
          Video about the incident in Terragrigia:

Queen Zenobia's website

Comment

• Spoiler:

Okay I found this on the site. Assuming it's a code of some kind though not sure where it goes. Called the number as well and left a message.

Comment

• Having watched the video with the sound off, was that reporter Alyssa Ashcroft? Resembled her quite a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                Having watched the video with the sound off, was that reporter Alyssa Ashcroft? Resembled her quite a bit.
                It doesn't say her name but I don't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                  Guess I'll post these here too.
                  Video about the incident in Terragrigia:

Queen Zenobia's website
                  http://queen-zenobia.com/
                  Yeah, the animation reminds me a lot of Degeneration's animation style. I think that newscaster was in that flick... not sure though.

The whole Terragrigia thing has an Atlantis legend vibe to it. But its actually the sort of thing that goes on in Saudi Arabia or just in Asia in general. With the weird modern constructions and buildings you see there.

And Queen Zenobia was a real Ethiopian warrior & queen.

I guess that script writer is doing some homework.
                  Last edited by Pikminister; 11-11-2011, 01:09 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Honestly it's not hard to buy Chris' thermals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	68020.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	400674

Comment

• I found these on the website:

NAN88740BSAA0999
                      557801BSAA0999
                      57819BSAA0001
                      519043BSAA1786

Also in About us section is hidden mesage: The password is ghostship.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                        I found these on the website:

NAN88740BSAA0999
                        557801BSAA0999
                        57819BSAA0001
                        519043BSAA1786

Also in About us section is hidden mesage: The password is ghostship.
                        What are those? Cheat codes?

EDIT: I see now... its for use on the official site, right?

http://queen-zenobia.com/index.php
                        Last edited by Pikminister; 11-12-2011, 12:27 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I found them on that site, but I have no idea what's their use for.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

• Yeah, that seems to be the problem everyone's having, by the look of it. Find the codes, but have no use for them
                            Revelations has a plot with twists everywhere. Way to go, Capcom, you successfully pulled off a mind-screw plotline.

Comment

• What is the bottom of these depths really like? The answer is ooze! Not the kind you associate with the muddy bottom of a pond or saltwater marsh. It's a grayish, yellowish, tarnish ooze. A handful soon makes it apparent that it is butterlike, slippery, and mighty cold. With such attractive qualities, what use can it have for mankind? Ooze is composed of particles of sediments, the dead bodies of microscopic plankton which, year after year, eon after eon, fall to the bottom. These age-old sediments are a help to scientists. Over the millions of years that these sediments have been falling, the "snowfall" has deposited a biological history of life in the ocean. There are several kinds of ooze, each with its "index fossils." Certain fossils are keys to geological periods in the earth's history, thus, their presence offers the scientist an index of life that existed during a certain time. This fossil record also tells much about the age of the abyssal deposits.

Briefly, there are four types of ooze: red clay, globigerina ooze, radiolarian ooze, and pteropod ooze. Each kind of ooze is made of different substances and seems to be specific, to a certain degree, to various parts of the earth's oceans. Petroleum industry scientists are most interested in reading geologic history in these oozes, for certain types are more apt to be oilbearing than others, while other types may be harder or softer to drill through. Scientists who study these fossils are called micro paleontologists (micro, "small"; pale, from the Greek "palai," meaning "ancient, old in years").
                              It seems the Ooze creatures have some basis in fact. As for the t-Abyss virus, it was created by combining a gene from a new variety of fish discovered below "The Abyss" (over 9000m beneath the ocean) with the t-virus. So it seems that CAPCOM are exploring the unexplored with Revelations. We still don't know exactly what is in the deepest sections of the world's oceans, and typically, the deeper anyone goes, the stranger shit becomes. There are a lot of horrific creatures that look like monsters enough as it is. Well suited as enemies in the game.

EDIT: Turns out, there appears to be another virus involved altogether. "The Abyss Virus", which was found in the newly discovered fish. The t-Abyss virus is the result of combining it with the t-virus.

"t-Abyss, the marine viral weapon which uses the t-Virus as a base. It was developed by combining the t-Virus with the gene of The Abyss Virus discovered from a new species of abyssal fish which inhabited a super deep ocean zone at a depth of over 9000 meters in the water."
                              And for good measure, here's the BSAA's description. Confirmed to still be a private NGO in this game, so when they refer to the game focusing on the "founding of the BSAA", they mean its reformation as a public organization under the U.N.

"BSAA, the organization which the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium founded in response to the threat of weapons spread around the world following the collapse of the corporate giant Umbrella. Although it is under the direct control of the United Nations in "BIOHAZARD 5", it is still a private NGO group here."
                              Last edited by News Bot; 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X