No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because it's hard to justify. Look at some of the bigger and better games this year. Arkham Asylum was no more than your average Call of Modern Warfare style shooter, but from what I've seen and heard (and I admit, I've seen little and heard tons) it's a far larger, more involving game. Dead Island and Duke Nukem were in development for years, but didn't cost anymore than your normal game.

On the other hand, if Capcom wants to charge this much, then go for it. They determine what they think it's value is - we agree or disagree with our wallets. However, since they're blaming the price hike on the 4gig memory I wanna know just how much that extra memory is costing Capcom.

Comment

Why is it hard to justify wanting to cover costs and still make a profit? In fact how is that any different from any other game?

Comment

It isn't - that was the point. Games that have had much more time and money poured into them (such as Dead Island and Duke Nukem) still cost the same. So do games of exceptional quality, like Arkham City.

Capcom isn't claiming either of those, though - it's saying that the hardware needed for the game costs more. If it really costs $10 more to make each cartridge, groovy. But I don't think it does. At that point it becomes how much extra profit is Capcom making charging extra for hardware that doesn't cost that much.

Comment

Darkmoon, you seem to think that Capcom uses cheap cards you can buy just anywhere instead of the propietary ones they have to get straight from Nintendo sold at a premium. Capcom can't do shit on a Nintendo console/handheld without said company giving them their approval (Capcom-Unity's Sven makes that very clear every time he talks about doing anything on a big N system). Like making them start production of a 4 gig card just for their game. I guess you think that Ninty can just eat up all those costs? Especially after they experienced massive losses recently.

Anyway, this is why I previously said that I rather purchase my games at amazon...

That's right. They're selling it at $40 bucks.

Or wait till you can get it used and spend less for it.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Umm little bit late there.

Comment

I actually wasn't paying attention to the other thread, though. It was overkill to make another thread to complain about the same stuff you started talking about here. So, sorry. Didn't read your previous post over there.

Anyway, you have less reasons to moan about thanks to good old amazon, eh?

FREE SHIPPING HUZZAH!
              Last edited by Pikminister; 11-03-2011, 05:14 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Less reasons? Hardly. I like Amazon for taking 20% off the preorder price. That doesn't change how I feel about Capcom or what we know of the game so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  Darkmoon, you seem to think that Capcom uses cheap cards you can buy just anywhere instead of the propietary ones they have to get straight from Nintendo sold at a premium. Capcom can't do shit on a Nintendo console/handheld without said company giving them their approval (Capcom-Unity's Sven makes that very clear every time he talks about doing anything on a big N system). Like making them start production of a 4 gig card just for their game. I guess you think that Ninty can just eat up all those costs? Especially after they experienced massive losses recently.
                  That's the thing - I don't know, and I'm curious. Part of me assumes that Capcom is just being it's usual greedy self, of course, but that's fair enough. I don't mind them making money. I do mind them saying, 'this is why' when the actual reason is they want more cash. Which might be the case - this is Capcom.

I'll be honest, I'm not great with tech. I dunno if you can simply slap in a 4gig memory bit and it'll work or if needs months of R&D to get it to work. I dunno if that memory stick costs $10 or pennies. I'd like to find out, though, if anyone can tell me.

Comment

Well the thing to consider Darkmoon, is not how cheap that memory is but how much Ninty charges you to use one of their propietary cards. And one of a particular capacity that they have had no need to mass produce until now.

So its not just Capcom's word we are placing in doubt here. Cuz Nintendo is also involved. If Capcom asked for a 4 gig card you can bet that Nintendo tried at one point looking into making them reconsider (telling the big C: "here, let us show you some data compression techniques that we know about") or finding out if that extra gig was actually necessary I think Nintendo probably was hoping that when most devs started using a 4 gig card that having to produce them in mass would actually drive the costs down. But so far, Capcom is the only one that is asking for one (that I know of). So they are most likely selling them at a premium instead of art a bargain price. Just like they did back in the N64 days.

Anyway, there are already good options out there for those that wanna save themselves $10 bucks. I would take advantage of that, no doubt. However, I still want to know more about Revelations before I dive into making a purchase. Even if I like what I've seen of it so far.... Its not like Capcom is going to show us stuff in their adverts that would show the game being anything but stellar (aside from the poor choices in creature & character design + the other stuff that may bug one or two).
                    sigpic

Comment

• Very true. I'm kinda assuming it'll be Capcom making these, and you're right. Much more likely to be Nintendo.

Still, I'd love to know what the real difference in cost to make is.

Comment

• Nintendo definitely has some fault in more ways than one. For example I do not blame Capcom for wanting to take advantage of the circle pad add on. If it makes the game play smoother then more power to them. But Nintendo should have really considered having a second circle pad to begin with in this day and age simply because as the games have progressed so have the controls for them. I never even took advantage of the 3DS until the price drop for the simple fact that the games they had didn't impress me as must have titles at the time and the price was too high for me. These factors are still indicators for the vita btw.

It's no surprise that Revelations was my most anticipated game on the 3DS. I knew that even without a second circle pad I could expect the controls to work out very well on the hand held.
                        Last edited by Smiley; 11-04-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• You only need look at other markets to see why the price hike shouldn't be taken as bad. For games all games tend to release at exact same price, despite cost to develop and quality.

Some piece of crap shovelware can go on sale same price as the next GOTY. Apply that to TVs and would you expect an old 20 inch 4:3 box SD TV to be same price as a 50 inch flatscreen 3D HD TV with freeview built in?

Revelations looks leagues ahead of any other 3DS game in terms of budget and quality, if they feel it is worth more than 'Imaginz petz 3DS' I have to make them right.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Some catches ;
                            Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Anyone found something intresting
                            Last edited by Mrox2; 11-06-2011, 03:47 AM.
                            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

• That last pic shows Jill grabbing a person's hand, RE1 original much?

Comment

• Hey I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X