No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, Mr. Rod! I'm not too thrilled about the 2-player thing, even if it is an extra mode. I've felt that RE needs to move away from co-op ever since RE5, but with the commercial success of that game I doubt we'll ever see a new RE game without co-op. I liked RE way better when it wasn't trendy.

Anyway, I have to wonder what "Raid Mode" is. Probably something similar to Mercenaries, methinks.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Those two fellas scare the shit out of me. Seriously.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
        Those two fellas scare the shit out of me. Seriously.

Spoiler:
        Last edited by News Bot; 10-14-2011, 09:07 PM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

And here I was thinking Rachel was a stupid choice.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

At least these two have eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                LOL, true. Still I find kind of stupid that they are exactly THE SAME. They are twins, alright, but do they have to wear the EXACT SAME Hunnigan/Jessica (Dead Rising) outfit, both use glasses... That's just straight stupid.

I'll take big-tittied no-eyes Rachel, thank you.

Comment

- Revelations producer discussed new box art and explains how the game will return to its roots. "More zombies fewer bullets".
                  I hope zombies are back. I had no hope for that, but after seeing that Hunter, I think it's possible.

-Revelations will be a huge story connector. Explains the formation of the BSAA.
                  I think that they will try to connect Umbrella's End to RE5 via this game.

Jessica's history and background relates to Chris. She's jealous of Jill's relationship to Chris
                  Perhaps Jessica was/is Chris' girlfriend?

Veltro's role is huge to the series as a whole.
                  Really? If it's that huge then I think they are linked to Umbrella.

Bringing back the original feel of '96 is the goal of Revelations
                  Good luck!

Comment

Some official site translations.

OLD STORY

On the European sea in 2005...
                    A single tugboat navigates through the waves among rolling thunder over the night sea.
                    There are a number of BSAA agents on board, who have been sent out to investigate the report of missing persons.
                    The outline of the towering ship which appears before them, is the luxurious passenger ship which itself has turned into a ghost ship.
                    As they approach the ghost ship, Jill who finished checking the equipment mutters, "Surely, they are somewhere on this ship."
                    However, the missing persons case was only the beginning of the nightmare...
                    And Jill still has no idea that it was the beginning of her confinement in a whirling conspiracy behind the scenes...

CHARACTER

Jill Valentine
                    Jill is one of the founding members of the BSAA which was established by the NGO Global Pharmaceutical Consortium. She is also one of the few survivors of the "Raccoon City Annihilation Incident".
                    After Umbrella's destruction in 2003, Jill set out to battle bioterrorism that began to spread around the world and joined into the BSAA with Chris.
                    This time, she received a report that Chris went missing and snuck onboard the mysterious cruise ship.

Parker Luciani

Chris Redfield
                    Chris is one of the founding members of the BSAA which was established by the NGO Global Pharmaceutical Consortium.
                    He is a survivor of the "mansion incident" and confronts a new bioterrorism incident.

Jessica Sherawat
                    Chris' partner for this mission. Before joining the BSAA, she belonged to the same organization as Parker Luciani.
                    Her combat skills seem to be higher than they look since the rifle is equipped.
                    She is expected to perform logistic support.

Keith Lumley
                    One of the BSAA agents who makes his first appearance in this episode. He is seen with a smile on his face and mild personality, but his skills as an agent are top-notch and second to none when it comes to Chris and Jill. He uses a double-edged knife called "Kukri" in close quarters combat.

Quint Cetcham
                    The most mega geek (nerd) of the BSAA whose habits are like something from a movie.
                    Quint is a good combination both public and private. Many of his own ideas are included in the features of genesis. He himself devised and subsequently developed the characteristic headset.
                    * Note: Second line says "Keith", but I think they mean "Quint" unless I missed something. Maybe it's saying Quint and Keither make a good pair on and off the battlefield.

Clive R. O'Brian
                    The representative of the anti-bioterrorism organization BSAA (Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance), which is a private force that specializes in strategies for coping with biological disasters.
                    The reassuring leader recruited each member of the BSAA, including Jill, Parker, Chris and Jessica.

Raymond Vester
                    He is a mysterious person who appears in front of Parker and Jill on the cruise ship which has become a ghost ship. He may have intelligence related to the incident though it is unclear what the reason is for him being on board. The serene appearance and sharp eyes are characteristic* of agents of an organization...
                    * characteristic = lit. gives the impression

Rachel

Terrorist Group Veltro
                    A mysterious terrorist group, whose evil name is known around the world as the organization behind incidents that have occurred in the past. The members are characterized by the gas masks covering their entire faces. Among them, the man who firmly claims responsibility is considered to be with the leader class.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It seems that a Revelations + Slider-pad bundle is on the way:

...In Nintendo (related news), the company quietly let it slip that the Circle Pad accessory for the 3DS that adds a second Circle Pad/Analog Stick to the handheld will be released in the U.S. next year in a bundle with Resident Evil: Revelations
                      If so, then it will prob be sold at an affordable price. Could be a good chance to get it for those that are interested in it.

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

If it's not too much more expensive than a standalone copy of Revelations, I may just pick it up. It'd be nice to have for other games utilizing it. Though with Nintendo's history of making peripherals and never using them.. I may have to re-think this.. (Haha, why is the bottom screen of the 3DS showing Coming to America? ..)
                        Last edited by PracticalAl; 10-21-2011, 04:53 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                          If it's not too much more expensive than a standalone copy of Revelations, I may just pick it up. It'd be nice to have for other games utilizing it. Though with Nintendo's history of making peripherals and never using them.. I may have to re-think this.. (Haha, why is the bottom screen of the 3DS showing Coming to America? ..)
                          Yup same here. Just because I don't want to buy the 3DSi Lite XL (you know it's going to happen, don't fool yourself )

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            Online co-op
                            Hell yeah!
                            Fission mailed.

Comment

I just hope that they pack Revelations with costumes and such. That is what I feel 4 and 5 lacked: A good deal of unlockable Single-player stuff. It is why I waited till 4 was on the Wii to get it, and till 5 got its Gold Edition. A game needs to have some stuff to make it feel that replaying it is worth it.

~Drake

Comment

Indeed. These type of games need a lot of replay value. IMO Mercenaries 3D should've been part of Revelations. But like Kawata said, they wanted to have something RE-lated ready for the 3DS's launch.

BTW, Mercenaries 3D sales were "solid" after all (as Capcom put it). I guess the price drop helped.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X