No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's just the doors with an actual puzzle to them then. I'd grabbed the screwdriver but when I tried to use it on the panel it gave me a prompt saying I couldn't use it now. Once i'd killed the monster the panel became up for use.

But yeah it was a big assumption so i'll retract that one during the write up today.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
      Y'know it's funny that you mention that Revelations should go to home consoles, because Kawata mentioned that Revelations actually didn't start as a handheld game.
      I sincerely hope so, I honestly don't care which console. I just can't stand the thought of playing a game like this on a handheld.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
        You should write a letter to Capcom.
        Nah, let's start a petition ;)

I doubt Capcom will port it to home consoles (not to mention PC, we didn't even get HD ports ), but I will be really surprised if Capcom doesn't port it to Vita sooner or later.

Comment

Thanks for the great writeup and impressions, Mr. Zombie! Makes me even more hopeful for the game.
          sigpic

Comment

I played some Revelations, you can dodge combat. Perhaps there will be points you cannot, but generally you can just run from enemies if you want.

The game feels every bit like the old games, despite including new gameplay mechanics. Modern tech survival horror.
            Last edited by Dracarys; 09-25-2011, 04:34 PM.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Good to hear Kylie, thanks for the impressions!

Here is a new screenshot teasing a new area (I think..)

sigpic

Comment

Looks like Jill has her LIN outfit.
                Spoiler:

Comment

O'Brien will probably end up as my favourite character. He just doesn't look like he has a single shit to give. Also, looks like Jill is getting her Lost In Nightmares outfit after all. I like that they're really changing up locales, and there's still so much we haven't seen yet.

Also is it just me or has nobody ever brought up Clint and Keith from the Gamescom trailer? They actually look like interesting characters, and fairly "normal" by the standards of the series.
                  Last edited by News Bot; 09-30-2011, 08:02 AM.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                    Good to hear Kylie, thanks for the impressions!

Here is a new screenshot teasing a new area (I think..)
                    Looks like a flashback given the outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                      Looks like a flashback given the outfits.
                      Why would the outfits matter?
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        They actually look like interesting characters, and fairly "normal" by the standards of the series.
                        That's because we don't know anything about them yet.

O'Brien reminds me of Major Zero.
                        Last edited by Archelon; 09-30-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I got the Zero vibe from him too.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

i got resident evil 5 vibe from that image ( not the best)

Comment

I did get to play some demos of this, I posted this somewhere else but incase people didn't read it. SOme of it is already know or suspected but it at least confirms stuff.

- Ammo is extremely limited, I played through each demo twice and even on one playthrough where I didn't miss a single shot I reached a point where I just ran out of ammo and mid battle I had to bring up the scanner and try find hidden ammo in the room, finding breathing space from the enemy to scan for it too.

- Grenades are not very powerful, nothing like RE4/5 grenades. I tried using these a few times and against different enemies, wolfs die but the water-enemies on the ship still take several bullets after a grenade blows up between their feet. They are better used to stun (not the melee kind of stun) and make breathing room than flat out damage. They are quick-use items, thrown instantly by pressing X on 3DS.

- Melee attacks are very rare, in all my playing only one enemy went into a stunned state and I tried several methods to stun them like what works in RE4/5.

- Enemies do not drop items.

- At one point Jill and Jessica have a catfight over Chris.

- Fighting never resembles anything from RE4/5. You never get more than a few enemies at once and you probably couldn't handle many with the slow rate of fire most weapons have.

- Hidden items cannot be found/picked up without scanning them first.

- Scanner has limit range both for spotting items and also for scanning them, so looking down a medium length passage with a scanner will not reveal all items in the passage, you have to get close before even seeing them, closer to scan.

- On screen prompts are not intrusive, you don't really notice them much while playing, though they are useful to stop 'dead' actions where you're slightly too far to pick up something or use it despite looking like you are close enough.

- Proper puzzles are used, not just fetch quests.

- Are proper 'jump' moments, if I hadn't seen videos already I would have been surprised by some attacks.

- Unknown if limits on what you can carry regarding ammo/health since it is all so rare. Herbs do stack though.

- Aside from new gameplay mechanics like the camera system, instant use items, limit movement while aiming the game feels in every way like old RE games.

- The 3D seems much better looking than in Mercs 3D, similar, just with less detail loss. Improves visuals without detracting from experience like some other 3DS games do.

- Enemies at a distance do not skip animations like Mercs 3D, though it is harder to test since areas not as big and only ever a few enemies so it may not even be needed to skip animations.

- I made the catfight thing up. There are no new story details not already known.

- Partner isn't a very big help in fights, at the same time you don't really need look after them. You're the target of enemies, anything going on being partner and enemies is mostly visual, neither really being a threat to the other. If you left them too it one would eventually die I guess.

- Didn't seem to be a quick knife pull button like in Deadly Silence/RE4/RE5.

- No taunt button.

Comment

Aw man! I was looking forward to that cat fight, haha! Good one. .. Thanks a lot for your very extensive impressions and all the details! I heard the puzzles will take advantage of the touch screen like in RE: Deadly Silence. Looking forward to that!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X