No announcement yet.

Resident Evil Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK advert promoting Revelations has gone... "viral"?

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Already posted on the news page.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        Already posted on the news page.
        Excellent. It was about time... since when I first posted that video here, it sure wasn't up on the news page yet.

I didn't think this was actually news worthy, though. That's why I posted it here instead of on the news topic.
        sigpic

Comment

• Aren't we all so excited to play as Chris once again?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris_Redfield_by_TippingWater.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	400766

Comment

• This came in from a NeoGaf user:

A new thread would be a bit to much, but Dutch mag [N]Gamer have a Preview/review of the game, but can't publish the score because the game won't be out until the 27th of January. They played everything already.

According to the review, "if this game was available on Wii/360/PS3 and if the title was Resident Evil 6, nobody would complain"
            He added that "the cruise ship feels like a classic RE mansion, (corridors, finding keys. monsters lurking in the shadow) (there is plenty of ammo to be found when you look for it) and the new enemies are tough. You won't headshot them a lot. Graphics are beautiful with a nice 3D effect, controls are solid".

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            Aren't we all so excited to play as Chris once again?
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5906[/ATTACH]
            Based on the reviews I've read, Revelations is 99.9999% a Jill Valentine game. Chris is merely playing a supporting role in this one. And whenever you do use him, the game turns into RE5.

Thus I expect some people to get the vapors for all the wrong reasons when playing as him. Since with Revelations, he'll officially become the main action hero of the whole series.

I don't mind. It fits him perfectly.
            sigpic

Comment

• Wasn't Chris always supposed to be the big, dumb action hero anyway?

I thought that was why they gave him the knife in RE1. To make him look more "savage" or something.
              Last edited by Archelon; 12-23-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                He added that "the cruise ship feels like a classic RE mansion, (corridors, finding keys. monsters lurking in the shadow) (there is plenty of ammo to be found when you look for it) and the new enemies are tough. You won't headshot them a lot. Graphics are beautiful with a nice 3D effect, controls are solid".
                You know, I'm actually glad to see this. I remember the older games it was extremely difficult to get headshots, and almost near impossible with the handgun in games like Remake and CODE: Veronica (at least I thought so anyway), but in Resident Evil 4 and 5, practically every other shot in the head results in a bursting headshot. It just took some of the fun out of it, and wasn't very exciting after you've seen it 400 times in an hour. I remember in Remake freaking out a bit because the headshots took me off guard...Not so much now.

Nice to hear a change!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  Wasn't Chris always supposed to be the big, dumb action hero anyway?

I thought that was why they gave him the knife in RE1. To make him look more "savage" or something.
                  Big, yes. Dumb, no. You kind of get props for uncovering nefarious plots centered around world domination, disposing of key Umbrella villains and saving beloved characters.

Does anyone actually believe that's the "real" Chris tied to the chair? Nah, if anything Chris will discover the Veltro plot and have to square off against the villain with or without Jill's involvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                    Big, yes. Dumb, no. You kind of get props for uncovering nefarious plots centered around world domination, disposing of key Umbrella villains and saving beloved characters.
                    You don't really have to be smart to do any of those things, though. Just have enough luck or brawn to make do, which is always what Chris essentially did. Most of the stuff he actually uncovered he more stumbled into. Though that can be said for most of the protagonists in the series, really.

And while Chris has been made more intelligent with each successive release, in the original RE, he was about as sharp as a cueball. To be fair, though, Claire comes off as a lot dumber than Chris in CODE: Veronica.
                    Last edited by Archelon; 12-23-2011, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                      Based on the reviews I've read, Revelations is 99.9999% a Jill Valentine game.
                      Yay ! Thanks for Confirming ! what i waited for was a 99.9999% Jill valentine game since RE3 xD , Have anyone noticed that in every game jill is the main character it always has to be horror xP ! , REmake , RE1 , RE3, RE:R ..... and maybe LIN (Duh not really ...)
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon
                        You don't really have to be smart to do any of those things, though. Just have enough luck or brawn to make do, which is always what Chris essentially did. Most of the stuff he actually uncovered he more stumbled into. Though that can be said for most of the protagonists in the series, really.
                        Honestly, all the RE characters seem pretty stupid, even those who are meant to be extemely clever. It's just Capcom who portray their characters badly. But Chris appears as one of the most intelligent of the whole cast to me (except the original version of Chris). You can see in the games that Chris has good observational skills and is insightful about the events he's in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grem View Post
                          Honestly, all the RE characters seem pretty stupid.
                          I dont know how u say this ?!
                          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

• lol; Look at Wesker for example, he's supposed to be very intelligent but in every chapter he's in, he looses very stupidly.

Comment

• I.- Resident Evil: Revelations DEMO

It was announced earlier today that a Resident Evil: Revelations DEMO is now available at the 3DS's eShop (in Japan, that is).

No word yet on when said demo will go live in the West.

Footage of the DEMO:

Source: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Demos Now at 3DS e-Shop

Another video came up, apparently of a user playing the demo at a harder difficulty level or 'Hell Mode':

EDIT: Nintendo Power has reviewed Resident Evil: Revelations.

Their verdict: 9.0
                              Last edited by Pikminister; 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Looks very good, i want that demo ASAP.

One thing i noticed:

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X