No announcement yet.

Various Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That video of Alexander is essentially just completely non-canon. Added for TEH DRAMA.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

EDIT: goddamnit, posted in the wrong thread.
      Last edited by alexdz; 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
        During the production of Code Veronica at what point was it decided to bring Wesker back as a super-human?
        Since the beginning. There's an artwork of Wesker made in 1998.

Comment

What artwork?

Comment

Last edited by Grem; 11-21-2012, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Checked out a few of Excella's lines in BH5 that have been bothering me. Turns out I was right here too. In particular, the one where she mentions how the Plaga was a success to Wesker. In the official, bastard translation, they added "when you first arrived", implying Wesker only came to TRICELL after 2004 when it is known he went to them in 2003. Another artificial plot-hole and contradiction manufactured entirely by a translator who doesn't know what they're doing.

Here's the text. Proper translations are in parenthesis.

おのプテーガってよくできた商品ね
              I’m surprised Las Plagas was such a success
              (The Plaga products are well-made)
              最初は半信半だったけど
              When you first arrived I had my doubts
              (At first I half-doubted)

確かに"始祖ウィルス"ベースのB.O.W.だけどこれは売り物じゃないの
              Good guess, but no. While it does resemble the B.O.W.s made with the Progenitor Virus, I have no intention of selling it to terrorists
              (Though it's certainly a "Progenitor Virus" based B.O.W., this isn't for sale)

"賢者の石"そう言えばわかるかしられた遺伝子のみを選り分け進化を促す
              Evolution. It’s a Philosopher’s Stone, one that will choose through DNA who should proceed to the next stage
              (A so-called "Philosopher's Stone" that screens only superior genes and promotes evolution)

Comment

Ustanak was actually a Neo-Umbrella researcher. The file "Lab Report" is actually titled "研究員の手記" ("Memoir of a Researcher").

DEDICATED TRANSLATION EFFORTS

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. The entire file is completely different. In fact, in English, it's inconsistent with the other file written by Ustanak guy. In this one, he also mentions Carla and wanting to "be her knight."

Last edited by News Bot; 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  Checked out a few of Excella's lines in BH5 that have been bothering me. Turns out I was right here too. In particular, the one where she mentions how the Plaga was a success to Wesker. In the official, bastard translation, they added "when you first arrived", implying Wesker only came to TRICELL after 2004 when it is known he went to them in 2003. Another artificial plot-hole and contradiction manufactured entirely by a translator who doesn't know what they're doing.

Here's the text. Proper translations are in parenthesis.
                  To be honest I always understood the "When you first arrived" line as "When you first arrived (with them, las Plagas)" not as when you first arrived to TRICELL, but that's just me

Comment

Wow never looked at the date on that one, this means that Wesker actually didn't spend too long dead actually. Thanks.

Comment

• Whether Wesker actually died or not was always ambiguous and the official explanation behind the discrepancies between Jill and Chris' scenarios in BH1 was that their memories were hazy.

Comment

• Currently translating a multi-member interview from the official website for the Dreamcast version of BH3. A translation has been done before, but it sucked. Here's the majority.

BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE STAFF INTERVIEWS
                        ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

CAPCOM Production Studio 3 General Manager
                        Tatsuya Minami
                        ●Main Produced Output
                        Gaia Master (PS), BIOHAZARD GUN SURVIVOR (PS). Now oversees many products, including BIOHAZARD 3 (DC).

An interview with the development staff of the Dreamcast version of “BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE.”
                        First up is producer Tatsuya Minami.

・First, please tell us the circumstances which resulted in porting to the Dreamcast.
                        Minami: The port was decided when it was considered we would like to present the BIOHAZARD series on the DC too, beginning with “CODE:Veronica.”

・Was there any point where you had a hard time in the porting?
                        Minami: I think we were able to port it relatively smoothly. Since there was a difference in the hue between the PS and DC, it might have just taken a little time for adjustment.

・I think there is a wide variety of fear, including the “reclusive fear” of BIO1 and the “fear of being chased” of BIO3, what would be the best fear for you?
                        Minami: I think an action-like sense of fear has become the mainstream, but I personally think “psychological fear” is scary too. I would like to consider uniting this psychological fear and visuals in the future.

・Do you have a favourite character in the BIOHAZARD series?
                        Minami: All of them are individual characters and since their importance is respectively clear, I have no particular taste.

・Thank you, finally, our users would like a message.
                        Minami: In regards to CAPCOM developing on multi-platforms, I’m thinking of providing content on a variety of hardware in the future. Therefore, since we hope for “something like this on this hardware” and want to grant as much as possible, please give us your opinions without hesitation!

Thank you.
                        Next time, an interview with Production Studio 4 planner Yasuhisa Kawamura.
                        We will ask about the story and characters that appear. Don’t miss it.

An interview with the development staff of the Dreamcast version of “BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE.”
                        Appearing secondly is Production Studio 4 planner Yasuhisa Kawamura.
                        We asked him to talk about the characters.

・A very large number of costumes were prepared in BIO3, on what standards did you choose from?
                        Kawamura: It’s true they were closely scrutinized, due to director Aoyama’s various expectations. I think you can enjoy Jill in a state you wouldn't usually see.

・Among the characters that appear in BIO3, please tell me your favorite character and the reason.
                        Kawamura: A very difficult question. When you come right down to it, the mercenary trio has intensity. Since I set up the events so that you can watch each of their unexpected true intentions depending on your divergences, please push forward playing through the various paths. The opening performance (voice acting) of Mr. Dario Rosso was fiery! By the way, the voice of the Pursuer is the same one as Dario.

・I heard the boss who gives money in The Mercenaries is someone involved with Umbrella, but please tell us about him in detail.
                        Kawamura: Let’s reveal the truth behind the The Mercenaries scene. As a matter of fact, The Mercenaries is a popular entertainment program of the underworld that only very few aristocrats, high-ranking government officials and the super-wealthy can watch in a secret members-only Pay-Per-View (paid program broadcast) televised by Umbrella. The mystery man who gives the mercenaries instructions and a reward is the host and producer of the program. The state of the mercenaries is broadcast live by satellite with a high-performance microphone attached to the mercenaries, installed by the Monitors. The time displayed on-screen is a time display broadcast to the mercenaries and the audience’s approval rating (viewership) is added to it in real time. If the mercenary fights heroically, extravagantly defeats enemies and impressively rescues civilians and comrades, airtime will be extended if they gracefully escape from the crisis. If they garner support well and reach the goal within the airtime, they are given a reward depending on the audience rating and the mercenary will be freed. Mercenaries who can’t earn the audience’s approval rating have their camera cut off upon timeout and lose their life at the same time.

・Please tell us about an impressive scene in BIOHAZARD 3.
                        Kawamura: Though many of the event scenes are respectively impressive, isn't the end of Raccoon City at the climax particularly memorable? It's a very unexpected and overwhelming scene to watch, even bearing in mind that it's not real and just part of a game or a film, and I think it is very impressive as a perfect image which merely adorns the conclusion to the story.

・Please tell us about Jill's epilogue after escaping from Raccoon City, just a little.
                        Kawamura: Jill finally goes to Europe to settle things with Umbrella. I can’t tell in detail here. Since files which describe what’s next are acquired when 3 is cleared, please enjoy those.

・Please tell us about the epilogues of “3” regarding the sub-characters of Barry, HUNK etc.
                        Kawamura: Their conditions are depicted in the “Epilogue Files” provided after clearing 3. Although it’s necessary to clear it several times, please view the files through your own efforts. Eight epilogues can be found in total. Although clearing eight times is difficult, please consider working together with a friend and do your best.

Next time, we will bring you a continued interview with Yasuhisa Kawamura.
                        Don’t miss it.

This third time, we will hear about the story regarding B.O.W. from Production Studio 4 planner Yasuhisa Kawamura.

・Please tell us about the connection between the Tyrant and Nemesis.
                        Kawamura: The Tyrant was a bio-weapon made by Umbrella USA and the Pursuer was made by Umbrella Europe. Although it’s the same corporation, there was development competition within the subsidiaries and the USA, led by the gifted Dr. William Birkin, was always one step ahead in development of infantry-type biological weapons (in others words, bio-weapons as human substitutes). Not pleased with this, the European Umbrella branches united and repeated research on unique concepts. Then, the European Sixth Laboratory finally succeeded in the development of “a biological weapon to strengthen biological weapons.” It was the “Nemesis parasite.” Nemesis was parasitized in a Tyrant and received training and conditioning at the European subsidiary and became the Pursuer. In addition, although the Pursuer greatly exceeded the Tyrant in specifications, it cannot become a product since it has no elegance as a weapon. In the end, the Pursuer’s current stage is merely an experimental biological weapon.

・A lot of new kinds of enemies appear in “3”, including the Hunter γ and DD, but please tell me if there is a B.O.W. rejected in a stage of development.
                        Kawamura: Bio-weapons which were rejected in the middle of development appeared in previous products. Chimera and Neptune are examples. In BIO3, there are experimental bio-weapons (Pursuer, Hunter γ), bio-weapon production versions deployed to take combat data (Hunter β) and mutations which occurred irregularly (Zombie, Brain Sucker, D.D, Grave Digger). Bio-weapons abandoned in the middle of development do not appear.

・What is your favorite B.O.W.?
                        Kawamura: If I have to say, I like the Hunter γ. For some reason I can’t hate it for swallowing me.

・That attractive (?) “Pursuer” enemy character appears, but please let us know what you kept in mind on creating the character.
                        Kawamura: Regardless of whether it was a human or biological weapon, we had a concept for the characters (in a simplistic form) and one or two designs somewhere, then there we considered if they had any "promise" for the game-like visuals. Thereabouts, the peculiar tastes of each character designer, the peculiar tastes of the model and motion guys building the characters, the peculiar tastes of the planners who manage the settings and game plan and the peculiar tastes of the software programming guys clashed against each other and fought every day while we worked it out.

・What is the best “fear” for Mr. Kawamura? (it’s fine if not related to the game)
                        Kawamura: Being told “You’re scenario isn't good enough...” by the boss. Then the boss saying “you're not attractive to women because of that” routinely.

・Do you have a message for the fans.
                        Kawamura: I hated zombies until I did this game. There are those who hate horror and ghoulishness. However, it's like tasting a spicy dish and finding out it has a delicious interior, you may be scared of a fearful and difficult game like BIOHAZARD at first glance, but it has much flavor behind it. It superficially seems like a game in a hard genre to grasp, but please, please play it once before avoiding it. If you digest it I think you can notice its taste, and may say “Is this horror? is this BIO?” Thanks to BIO, I have come to love zombie movies and have grown able to eat roasted meat unconcerned while watching zombies. If you play BIOHAZARD, both your heart and stomach should become strong.

Director Kazuhiro Aoyama appears next time. Don’t miss it.

Comment

• Is there a reason why the PROJECT Umbrella website is not exactly mainstream user friendly? I would think those are the ones that need to be exposed more to this.

Everything is too 'insider' there and very exclusive instead of inclusive. It's like using code names for each section of the site. Fine for cores but prob confusing for mainstream users or newbies.

Now you might think that's fine and all. But if more mainstream ppl knew THE TRUTH (instead of just a relatively few handful of them), then you would have more people holding your back whenever you tried to tell Capcom to hire someone that does the fucking job and not some hack.

I say all this, because you make such a great effort and you should be recognize more for it.
                          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Can you be more specific? I'd love to hear what people have issues with and any suggestions. Right now I just lack any website design ability so I have to work within the current site framework.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Can you be more specific? I'd love to hear what people have issues with and any suggestions. Right now I just lack any website design ability so I have to work within the current site framework.
                              I always suggest the site to people when they ask me about the canon (because its not my specialty).

And every so often they tell me that they can't find what they're looking for there. The links or the sections where each thing is at, are too confusing for them it seems. So they will email me about giving them the exact URL. So I can't just tell them "Go there and you'll find it". That doesn't work.

So some give up. And going into the forum section seems to be more confusing too since each forum has a very "special name" that for a newbie, might be too out there. So I don't recommend them going there. Because if they have trouble with the main page, they prob won't be able to find themselves at the forums.

Now, if the site is by design made only for core RE fans, its fine. But I just think (in my opinion) that it should be more open to mainstream users. More ppl need to know the truth about the hack jobs Capcom does. Even myself, because the amount of errors they allow in the games keeps getting worse with each game.

It needs to stop.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Everyone wants stuff done for them because as a society we've grown lazy and complacent, and want everything spelled out to us on a silver platter.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X