Why Sherry Being "Superhuman" Is Not New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    As an aside, it would have been pretty goddamn awesome if the Sherry (protagonist), Dante (Umbrella) and Wesker (rival company) trifecta of superhuman shit ever actually came to fruition. Those complaining about the series not being "Survival Horror" now would have rage-quit long ago.
    lol So very true
    sigpic

Comment

Here's what Annette says in BHDC.

Even if you have G... But we were wrong. Even if compatible with G, in the end you only become a monster manipulated by the virus. Our research was wrong! Now all he has left are the virus' characteristics. It is merely looking to multiply entirely. Furthermore, when its genetic information is close to the host, it can create a marvellous offspring.
      It is essentially just a paraphrasing of her comment in BH2, in which she says that William's research on the G-Virus would have been complete if Umbrella hadn't decided to steal it before it was complete. As a result, it can only produce G-Creatures in its pure form. This was a plot point that was also to be addressed in BH4. Spencer most likely conducted research on the virus to perfect it (hence the amount of G-infected creatures in the game) before administering it to Dante, Vergil and himself in order to become G-Humans. Meanwhile, Wesker was infected with a variant of G, while Sherry still had the virus slowly adapting to her body, ensuring that she would gain some form of abilities from it once it had completely adapted to her DNA.
      Last edited by News Bot; 05-24-2012, 08:33 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

That's a very compelling argument, News Bot. There've been many diversions and bumps in the road since RE2 came out, but perhaps we're actually returning to some of Capcom's original plans for the series.

Comment

I just realized that 2013-1998=15 years. Just like another virus superpowered RE blonde...

Wait, how did William implant the embryo in Sherry?

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
            I just realized that 2013-1998=15 years. Just like another virus superpowered RE blonde...

Wait, how did William implant the embryo in Sherry?
            The same way he implanted it into Ben and Irons.

Through the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              The same way he implanted it into Ben and Irons.

Through the mouth.
              Welcome to Japan.

Comment

Is it shown in the game? I could never bother to play RE2 after reaching the police station, not after playing RE3.

Does he vomit them or what?

Comment

It's never actually shown in-game IIRC. You just talk to Ben, walk out and continue on, come back, hear him scream, run back, see him bloody, and the embryo explodes out his shoulder and slithers away (to become G-Imago, right?). That's the extent of it being shown in-game I think.
                  Last edited by Canas Renvall; 05-24-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Is it shown in the game? I could never bother to play RE2 after reaching the police station, not after playing RE3.

The embryos come from his hand, he just aims at their mouth and the embryo does all the work and forces itself down the host's throat.

Gonna stop because this is getting too erotic.

Comment

It's only shown in Ben's or Irons' Death.
                      The embryo comes out of his hand and forces the victim to swallow it.

They didn't show that part in Sherry's infection because she's a kid and it would anger the censors.

Comment

It's a proper direction to take the character in and I look forward to seeing what special abilities she can perform.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                          It's a proper direction to take the character in and I look forward to seeing what special abilities she can perform.
                          I totally agree. It helps bridge BH2 to BH6, and also resolves Sherry's overall plot thread while maintaining her "importance" in the series with no contradictions. It also allows us to see part of what the G-Virus was intended for. The original superhuman virus.

Comment

Exactly. Sherry will shape to be important for the series not only in her character, but especially with how she plays. Super humans fighting BOWs. Was never the direction I thought the series would take, but damn it all if I'm not excited to see what she can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                              Exactly. Sherry will shape to be important for the series not only in her character, but especially with how she plays. Super humans fighting BOWs. Was never the direction I thought the series would take, but damn it all if I'm not excited to see what she can do.
                              I personally don't want her in another game unless she is a well-written and likable character.

And I'm surprised you never thought the series would take that direction when the entire series storyline was based around it, and directly leading up to it. Sherry's entire plot thread was waiting for her superhuman abilities granted by the G-Virus to manifest.

Comment

Resident Evil evolved into...Devil May Cry!

Which is funny because is true as a joke, and now as a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X