Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Do you happen to remember how many views the video had gotten? If it had only a couple of views, then maybe it was supposed to be a private video that had accidentally been set for public viewing. Also, while your memory is fuzzy, I don't suppose you could provide us some more details about the earlier era/green sewers?
    Maybe 250 views? The video was on YouTube for at least six months, maybe even more than a year. I watched it once when I randomly decided to start searching for videos, but searched for it again a significant amount of time later after playing RE2 one day. It was then I confirmed a lot of things about it, but even then my memory still eludes me. To be honest it was before a time when I truly cared, it wasn't a priority for me to keep a mental note of everything let alone a copy of the video. But I know for a fact I've watched it multiple times.

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    Wow! interesting story geluda! thanks for share it! really you see ROOM201 in action years ago?

Well, I just hope that this unknown video was shown again sometime...

EDIT:

Hey geluda, can you remember how Leon looks like in that "rare" video? I mean, he had normal RPD iniform or civilian clothes?
    Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking just now too...

If the "green sewers" were more complete in the video you saw, my guess is that it was from an Era-3 build (glove-less RPD-suited Leon).
    All I remember is 1.5 Leon era 3 to era 5, back then I at least knew the difference between 1.5 Leon and retail Leon. I can't quite remember but I think there's ankle deep water on the floor. Leon explored room 201 and tried shooting a Spider that climbed out the vent but being too tough he climbed the ledge to avoid it. Running down the corridor he tried various doors which were locked and entered the door underneath the shutter. In here here is a corridor system that is not green but is actually a rusty brown blue/green colour, it takes him on a side mission that comes up and around the shutter room and is a mix of finished and unfinished renders, some backgrounds had grey walls with texturing and some objects were of low resolution, I think masks were messed up as well.

Up in the corridors he shoots some zombies which are crawling on the floor and enters a small room which I assume was supposed to be a save room for this area of the game. He comes back out and back round to the upper shutter door and explores round a corner where I now understand he picks up an item successfully without triggering the Air Jesus bug. Afterwards he then enters the shutter room, presses the switch to open the shutter and pushes the crate down to climb below. This is what I believe the purpose of the crate puzzle is in this room, to provide a short cut up into the save room so you don't have to do the same side mission round the rusty corridors every time you want to save the game. I think the zombies were just the standard slim zombies with the blue uniforms, but I don't remember anything specific about texture details.

He might have explored a couple more rooms, there's some things I'm just unclear about, but this is what I remember for certain, this is how the video started and understandably is going to be the easiest things to remember properly. This would just have been too unrealistic to recreate back in the day, I have no doubt it was genuine, just seeing ROOM201 back in those days is unthought of.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like someone with the final era 1.5 build may have uploaded it for dick waving purposes, only for no one to even take the bait. Do you remember anything about the youtube channel name, or the exact name of the video? (I know you said you found it searching for biohazard 2 beta, but was that the name of the video?)

Comment

• ...absolutely nothing personal, geluda.

Fanboys would have went nuts if such a video actually existed, especially during the time-frame you've referenced; it would have spread like wildfire.

I don't doubt that you saw such a video, however - fanatics have went as far as to photoshop still-frames from randomly selected official media/videos/magizines and insert them into their mods. Hell, people have absolutely sworn and mistaken their actual night-time dreams for real media.

1.5, man. Wow.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

...absolutely nothing personal, geluda.

Fanboys would have went nuts if such a video actually existed, especially during the time-frame you've referenced; it would have spread like wildfire.

I don't doubt that you saw such a video, however - fanatics have went as far as to photoshop still-frames from randomly selected official media/videos/magizines and insert them into their mods. Hell, people have absolutely sworn and mistaken their actual night-time dreams for real media.

1.5, man. Wow.
          And that's exactly why I've never bothered to talk about it! I think if I had been an active member of the community at that time frame I'd probably have been too preoccupied with more immediate things. At this time in late 2000 it was literally the first time I was watching real footage of 1.5 the difference being I had never had any involvement in the community prior at all, so never put so much attention into certain drama or media to keep me occupied. For me back then I used to just think about the magazines I used to own and was using YouTube as a tool to find videos of the game instead of just pictures. The one thing I can say is that when the MZD build finally got released and I got to see it's unknown contents I was genuinely surprised by most of it, the only thing I wasn't surprised by was the shutter rooms with the crates, as that's something I've remembered from almost as long as the Playstation Museum video its self. It's when the video is gone and it matters most that's when something like this sounds too far fetched to be believable!

Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
          Sounds like someone with the final era 1.5 build may have uploaded it for dick waving purposes, only for no one to even take the bait. Do you remember anything about the youtube channel name, or the exact name of the video? (I know you said you found it searching for biohazard 2 beta, but was that the name of the video?)
          Naturally back then you type "Resident Evil 1.5" into YouTube and you find the Playstation Museum video among others in the list, so I thought I'd try searches like "Biohazard 1.5 Prototype", "Biohazard 1.5 beta", "Biohazard 2 Prototype" and "Biohazard 2 Beta" as well. I'm pretty sure Beta 2 videos would have also been around at the time, there were various videos to find especially for someone new.

Comment

• YouTube didn't exist in 2000.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I believe he meant later in the decade rather than the specific year.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• That would make a lot more sense, lol.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I think he meant 2006 maybe

Comment

• The only places that think of are Ign, Gamespot and Gamepro maybe Dailymotion or MetaCafe, that place reminds me of the RE1 catacombs though.

Comment

• geluda you should try using the wayback machine

Comment

• Do you remember how Leon held his gun? None of these areas were photographed by Kim's contact, so it's highly unlikely that this original 'green' sewer was part of normal Era-5 gameplay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          geluda you should try using the wayback machine
                          Is it possible to find YouTube with that? I've only used it on forums.

Comment

• Wow ... this place has been quiet lately huh =^-^=
                            Fingers crossed for some news later this year..
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                              Wow ... this place has been quiet lately huh =^-^=
                              Fingers crossed for some news later this year..
                              I'm hoping for a 1.5 trial within the next few months good news is we know they are atleast working on it still.

Comment

• I've been venturing into the depths of YouTube's past using the Wayback Machine, but it doesn't allow searches and most (if not all) videos aren't archived, so they wouldn't be playable.

I would be able to find it if I had the uploader's username.

Comment

Working...
                                X