Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Ahahahah. What the heck is your avatar, Gemini? VocaLeon?

Comment

• It's all math anyway, right? I don't think moving something in xyz really changes that much every single graphic application.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      If the chief's office is a safe room, will there be safe room music? Will there be other safe rooms?
      If there's no safe room music, I won't be playing it. Just kidding.
      Last edited by The_15th; 12-05-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• aside from the speculation like voices and fmv's, i have to agree with DXP. adding rooms, linking them, adding events and text, making models can be done by anyone. and if they have dev tools then its that much easier. of course, my experience on the matter is limited, but i have seen people at the forum do everything i have seen them do.

hatsune kennedy...i mean gemini, out of what they have shown, what is it they have done that we can't? or, dare i ask, are they just on some whole other lever we at the 123 modding forum have yet to reach?
        Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Well for starters...they can make 3d background/foreground masks..and we can't. Which is why every pmod looks terribad from second 1.

Comment

• ^ i used to say the same, but it can be done, distant memories will have them, it is just very time consuming atm, and leo already made a GUI to do it for RE1, RE2 version is coming.

does anyone know if the workings of the game are more similar to RE1 or 2? or where the files may lie in that perspective?
            Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-05-2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• RE1 for sure. I think the engine is pretty close to the same til' the graphics rewrite for 2
              Last edited by Darkness; 12-05-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                hatsune kennedy...i mean gemini, out of what they have shown, what is it they have done that we can't? or, dare i ask, are they just on some whole other lever we at the 123 modding forum have yet to reach?
                Hiser name is "VocaLeonoid". Since you're asking what's the gap between them and RE modifications, lemme give you a brief list:
                - They implemented a proportional font, which was never there in RE1 and in RE2 until CAPCOM got close to releasing the retail build of BH2;
                - Reworked title screen that doesn't rely on the horrible horrible debug font;
                - A working editor with more or less advanced features, such as collision boxes clearly visible in the preview frame, event manipulation, and who knows what else is still in there for us to see;
                - Assuming the checksum routines were implemented even in debug builds (the BH samples did have them), they removed the protection or correctly regenerated the checksum data;
                - Multiple language strings more than likely based on a memory flag such as the one in RE2 retail which allows it to switch on the fly to either Japanese or English.
                Yes, it's definitively way above the current level of skill showing up in RE other mods.

Also, they seem to be instilling life into those supposedly empty rooms, unlike other mods where the best shot is filling them up with a ton of useless zombies. In other words: they are more than likely to be working with a precise plan in mind.
                Last edited by Gemini; 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Not to mention they seem to have gotten rid of the debug features somehow. Like the door message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                    Not to mention they seem to have gotten rid of the debug features somehow. Like the door message.
                    Doing stuff like that is fairly easy.

Find the string you're looking for, find what calls it in IDA Pro, isolate the full code segment, highlight it ... delete it. Blam! Not just the debug text removed, but the entire debug interface Works like a charm on the BH1 debug build and beta 2

Comment

• Three-dimensional room boundaries have been edited, for years - EvilMarshy and MonkeyMan released an editor for that, along with the source code (written in C#). The Mortician has yet to unveil his newest tool, which allows for editing of this information for Bio1, Bio2 and Bio3.

Models have been edited and created, for years - until Leo's tools came, the methods were unconventional, but still possible. Leo's tools extend from Bio1 to Bio2, and are extremely easy to use - any dummy with a modeling application can edit or create one from anew.

Camera sprites, or as the folks around here like to call them, 3D masks, have been editable for about four years now - PmData's reevengi application supports them. In addition, he has released the source code (written in C), from day one. Leo just recently made his own application, written in Delphi.

I personally wrote a script disassembler, which turns SCD binary to editable C source, years ago. Additionally, PmData beat me to that one, with Reevengi. The problem is, close-to-no one in this scene actually understands how C coding works, let alone, how to edit, create and/or compile their own. Another problem is that no one has properly documented flags stored inside the executables - without them, one can only create new cut-scene data, and hope the executable can handle it. On top of all that, cut scenes rely heavily upon model animations. Suffice to say, no one - not "the team", Dominion or re123 has created their own cut-scene. Period. Message/text is not a cut-scene.

Camera positions and zones, and lighting has been editable, for about 4+ years. Pmdata's Reevengi supported these, from the get-go.

Several people have been known to modify and create model animations, though, there aren't any conventional tools available to the public. The problem, here, is that the executable stores information relating to how animations are sequenced - yet another weak-point of this scene, is that hardly anyone is knowledgeable enough to modify executables.

Text/room message was one of the first data types that were edited, in the scene - many years ago.

The one thing I haven't seen either "the team" or Dominion handle, are sprite effects - fires, water, etc. This data is like model animations, where the executable governs how external binary data is handled. Large chunks of code would have to be written to create anew, as the executable has different code segments for each effect - each PSone title has roughly 100 unique effects.

Simply put, no single person or group of people have been willing to take it as far as "the group" or Dominion. Facts are facts - there aren't many people interested in modification of the older, PSone titles. Even less are actually capable of achieving what "the team", Dominion and Team96 have.

I'm not bashing "the team" - they're talented, for sure - but not to be held in the absolute, highest regard. People act as-if this stuff has never been done before. The largest difference between "the team" and everyone else - they have a build of Bio1.5, nothing more, nothing less.

A working editor with more or less advanced features, such as collision boxes clearly visible in the preview frame, event manipulation, and who knows what else is still in there for us to see;
                      They may be able to manipulate the scripted events, but they can't create them anew. The scene with Leon, Ada and the gorillas is on-disc. I repeat - no one, not "the team", Dominion or re123 has created a cut-scene, yet. Period.

Several people have manipulated the scripts - Martin and his beta discoveries come to mind.

If you want to consider inspection/messages - that has been done, for years.

Also, they seem to be instilling life into those supposedly empty rooms, unlike other mods where the best shot is filling them up with a ton of useless zombies.
                      I agree, on some level. People add hoards of zombies, just for show. After all, it is a game franchise, with zombies.

What "life" do you speak of? Again, text inspection/messages has been done for years. Everything else is simply data that's already on-disc.

I have yet to see "the team" create a unique cut scene, and place it into one of their uniquely-created rooms. All I've seen is text.

does anyone know if the workings of the game are more similar to RE1 or 2? or where the files may lie in that perspective?
                      The files are a mixed-hybrid of both Bio1 and Bio2.

Models are MD1 format, same as retail Bio2.
                      RDT camera data is same as retail Bio2.
                      Boundaries are very similar to Bio1 format.
                      Animations are unique, but closer to Bio1-style.
                      Message data is similar to Bio1.
                      Scripts use opcodes from retail Bio2, for the most part.
                      Sound effects are assembled in a manner similar to the Bio2 trial edition.

EDIT:
                      In other words: they are more than likely to be working with a precise plan in mind.
                      That's something we can both agree upon. However, they aren't the only team working toward a similar goal - Team96 is creating an all-new, custom game titled "Distant Memories", and it looks great.

With the exception of model animations, everything is created anew. Teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfS6snXEa0g

The only reason they don't get the attention they rightfully deserve is because it's not a modification of "teh betaz 1.5".
                      Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• VocaLeonoid?
                        Geez, I thought Leon S. kEMOdy was bad...but THIS? XD

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                          They may be able to manipulate the scripted events, but they can't create them anew. The scene with Leon, Ada and the gorillas is on-disc. I repeat - no one, not "the team", Dominion or re123 has created a cut-scene, yet. Period.

Several people have manipulated the scripts - Martin and his beta discoveries come to mind.

If you want to consider inspection/messages - that has been done, for years.
                          I was mainly referring to the fact that they've got in there rooms that were probably not implemented yet (which should be a fact, given how much incomplete renders are even in the BH2 trial); I mean, they do look & feel exactly like assets coming straight from CAPCOM. Most mods can't even get the right proportions or collisions matching with camera angles as they are supposed to do, but from what we've seen in the Halloween teaser the team has definitively created something that only rivals with Dominion's custom rooms, if not even top them with those pixel precise angles.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• What you're saying is not proved by the reality, latest mods shows only backgrounds with the same camera angle as RE2, fake cutscenes and improper sound for the rooms.

Also, how did you know of the MD1 file format used in 1.5?
                            Last edited by SonicBlue; 12-05-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• so anyway this a 1.5 board so lets continue talking about 1.5 , what are you hoping for the most out of playing 1.5 one day , whats the main thing that always keeps you interested in 1.5 ?

for me
                              Playing as elza and using a shotgun ! ( unlike claire)
                              walking around the 1.5 r.p.d

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                                With the exception of model animations, everything is created anew. Teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfS6snXEa0g
                                Looks like they reused the boundaries and camera angles of BH2...

Comment

Working...
                                X