Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
    The problem is, close-to-no one in this scene actually understands how C coding works
    how you say in english? know what c is means for?

c means for simple.

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
    They may be able to manipulate the scripted events, but they can't create them anew.
    who says? in society of resident evil, it was always many more problem with talent than motivations and intentions.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
      whats the main thing that always keeps you interested in 1.5 ?
      is to be play old resident evil that is not new.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      Looks like they reused the boundaries and camera angles of BH2...
      is eye of the tiger this one!

Comment

• What you're saying is not proved by the reality, latest mods shows only backgrounds with the same camera angle as RE2, fake cutscenes and improper sound for the rooms.

Also, how did you know of the MD1 file format used in 1.5?
        Looks like they reused the boundaries and camera angles of BH2...
        Good point. I was previously told otherwise, but after inspection, you're right.

I do know for a fact that The Mortician has created his own camera and boundary editor, since, so I'm sure future updates will be different.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" cut scenes?

how you say in english? know what c is means for?

c means for simple.
        The programming language, c/c++.

who says? in society of resident evil, it was always many more problem with talent than motivations and intentions.
        I said. If you can create an all-new cut scene, with both unique model animations and event-specific text, I will humbly say otherwise. In fact, I'd like to be proven wrong.

EDIT: For reference, a cut scene happens when Leon and Claire meet each other in the Stars office, have spoken dialogue and model animations that are specific to that cut scene.

Inspection of a cardboard box that says, "Nothing useful", is not a cut scene.
        Last edited by MeganGrass; 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The programming language, c/c++.
          yes. yes. is simple. like english.

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          In fact, I'd like to be proven wrong.
          acceptance of challenge agreed.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" cut scenes?
            He's referring to the cutscene with the modded Ben at the beginning of the latest trailer they released. The very first in-game scene with him turning around and pointing the gun at some unknown person is not even driven, but created by manually rotating him and pressing the aim button. Said scene doesn't even have the typical black strips used in any other event cutscenes and the text there is all scrolling with regular player input, instead of using instant messages+timers.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• acceptance of challenge agreed.
              Nice! I'm sure that I speak for many, when I tell you that I'm looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish.

In the words of Barney Stinson, this is going to be, Legen - wait for it - dary!

He's referring to the cutscene with the modded Ben at the beginning of the latest trailer they released. The very first in-game scene with him turning around and pointing the gun at some unknown person is not even driven, but created by manually rotating him and pressing the aim button. Said scene doesn't even have the typical black strips used in any other event cutscenes and the text there is all scrolling with regular player input, instead of using instant messages+timers.
              Quite possible, and likely to be the case.

The "black strips" can be deactivated, using any cheat engine.

My entire point was simple: "the team" isn't the first to do any of this stuff, but as I previously mentioned, they're talented. No single person can give them all the credit for stuff that they simply improved upon - they're not the first, and won't be the last. The fruits of their labor is credited to many different people and their discoveries.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Challenge accepted? Nice!!

Edit: Who knows, they probably achieved that sometime ago.
                Last edited by UmbrellaSpy; 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

My entire point was simple: "the team" isn't the first to do any of this stuff, but as I previously mentioned, they're talented. No single person can give them all the credit for stuff that they simply improved upon - they're not the first, and won't be the last. The fruits of their labor is credited to many different people and their discoveries.
                  Spot on.
                  Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• When it comes to who knows what, I think information has been gathered collectively over the years on mod forums n such. I think with a little study all of us could do what they do. I mean, honestly hands up if any of you understand the pmdata wiki or have even read it? (That pretty much has every bit of information you need to get started in understanding how everything works). It's kinda funny I don't know if I'm the only one but in the back of my mind I'm putting bets on that this is a highly sophisticated Resident Evil 2 final mod (I wonder why).

It's amazing when we see something as amazing as this project, but I think we would have seen much more if the resident evil modding community had attracted more programming professionals we would see even more from within the community. A very good programmer could probably rip this game to shreds within months. It's just they probably work for a company which requires their skills so they don't have time. I'll use monkeyman2000 for example since I know him, he's always torn between work, resident evil 2 programming and outbreak debugging, in the end work always comes first, that's why you see these sharp sudden increases in progress then complete silence, pretty much all his projects I've work on with him have come to a halt, but on the plus side they've paved the way for people to try and make better things. (You may correct me on this but, ADT's and boundaries are some examples)

The first time I extracted an ADT was with his program. Yes it had been done before, but I don't think anyone had come out in public and said how it was done. He actually did the compression as well (almost) it's just it was compressed badly and thus the file size was too large for the game to comprehend. His programs have paved the way because he always releases source code of his stuff. I still see a lot of closed mentality around the resident evil community, that is defiantly a contributing factor to modding progress.

Sorry if this sounds weird or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMarshy View Post
                      I still see a lot of closed mentality around the resident evil community, that is defiantly a contributing factor to modding progress.
                      What I feel is the biggest hinderence in some communities is the absurd focus on who did something and not what they did, people with insane egos and/or entitlement issues, people who seek attention for themselves and not their product, etc..

Yes, yes. Give credit where credit is due, but if people do something for the sole purpose of recognition ... people need to get off their high horses and actually do something spectacular for once and let their actions do the talking - rather than their big cocky mouths.
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM. Reason: BOSS

Comment

• Good read!

Originally posted by MarkGrass
                        snip
                        So what exactly makes scripting new cutscenes so difficult? What sort of complications do you run in to?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                          So what exactly makes scripting new cutscenes so difficult? What sort of complications do you run in to?
                          is just a series of instructions

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                            is eye of the tiger this one!
                            You shouldn't give me too much credit... After all, I had to be recently reminded that Sherry could move boxes.

Comment

• @EvilMarshy - Well said.

What I feel is the biggest hinderence in some communities is the absurd focus on who did something and not what they did, people with insane egos and/or entitlement issues, people who seek attention for themselves and not their product, etc..

Yes, yes. Give credit where credit is due, but if people do something for the sole purpose of recognition ... people need to get off their high horses and actually do something spectacular for once and let their actions do the talking - rather than their big cocky mouths.
                              Way too many egos, I agree.

But you have to give credit where credit is due - too many people in this thread have praised "the team" for accomplishments that have previously been done by countless others. And who's to say that if they hadn't been corrected, that "the team" wouldn't take all the credit?

That said - what has been accomplished was done from hobby, not recognition. I can't speak for everyone, but I simply don't want to know every goddamn thing there is to know about these game engines. The best I can do, in the past, was to put information 'out there' for others to use - I haven't the slightest interest in creating a modification, let alone, a game built from the ground up.

In terms of coding skill, I've said it a hundred times before - I have no formal education in the matter. I taught myself how to do what I've done, again, for hobby - by reading c/c++ books. If someone else is better than I, so be it - the world isn't going to stop spinning all because I admit to being an amateur/hobbyist programmer.

I'm not taking a jab at you, really, but I've never seen a single mod, application or sentence of information come from you, Carnivol. When you do something of the sort, there will be plenty of room for you to tell others what they're doing wrong.

As Zork mentioned, it's a simple set of instructions (compiled C code), but complications can arise during the process.

I didn't say they are difficult to accomplish, I've just never known anyone to successfully try.

Certain opcodes in the compiled script (SCD) must 'tell' the engine what character animations to use, when to use them, which spoken dialog to use, when to use it, which camera angle, when to switch camera angles, which flag table to edit, which enemies, music changes, and so forth.

That's all simple, really... it's just a matter of writing the code, compiling it and sticking it into the proper RDT.

The real problems can arise from how the executable handles the operational flags. For example, when a door becomes unlocked via key, a flag changes in executable memory. That way, when you leave the room and return, the door will be unlocked. If you create a cut scene of your own, that script must 'tell' the executable which flag to change, so that the same cut scene doesn't occur over and over again. If there's no room in memory, an executable rewrite is required.

All is possible, it just hasn't been done before... and I don't doubt Zork and his "team". They'll get it done, but someone had to light a fire under his ass, first. ;)
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                                is just a series of instructions
                                Yeah exactly, I learned that from studying the Biohazard 1996/01/31 beta. I'm surprised to be told that nobody has ever done it before. In the beta you can essentially watch the cutscene play out instruction for instruction, youM can even interupt them or control them your self by playing with the same flags should you wish to.

@ MarkGrass

I see! On a side note, how much has been done on PC and how much has been done on PSX? As I understand they're not mutually exclusive and present their own individual problems.
                                Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X